Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Nomar's return to Boston

Other Sports

Old 07-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Nomar's return to Boston

Nomar-to-the-Cubs wasn't exactly Gretzky-to-the-Kings, but I still found this story about his first post-trade visit to Boston interesting, if only because it highlights the huge difference between how the Red Sox and Nomar have fared in the aftermath of the trade, something that I think few people saw when it happened. It's actually easy to forget at this point that Nomar is even still in the league.

Nomar's bittersweet Boston visit - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Nomar's return to Boston

wouldnt be surprised to see alot of ex-red sox players on the list of 104 including nomar. that 04 series champ is in serious doubt after reading an espn article which highlighted a bunch of players on that team who had huge years for themselves compared to their career averages.

speculation that alot of nomar's injuries are due to his body breaking down from the roids as well. sad to see baseball go thru this but 10 years from now i think roids will be flushed out . .hopefully.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Nomar's return to Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackJoeT View Post
Nomar-to-the-Cubs wasn't exactly Gretzky-to-the-Kings, but I still found this story about his first post-trade visit to Boston interesting, if only because it highlights the huge difference between how the Red Sox and Nomar have fared in the aftermath of the trade, something that I think few people saw when it happened. It's actually easy to forget at this point that Nomar is even still in the league.

Nomar's bittersweet Boston visit - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
Gotta say, I was shocked when they traded Nomar, I thought positive and looked at how it could help (defensively) but I always liked Nomar so it was tough. Theo earned my respect for his actions, and I don't care what he does to my team, I will support it. He's earned it with the two rings. It was one of the best moves in the history of MLB.
Still, shows the class of the Sox by giving him a cut of the WS winnings, and a ring. He did help them get there afterall even if he wasn't on the roster when they buried the curse.