Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Caps and Rangers Series Preview

Other Sports

Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #61
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Caps and Rangers Series Preview

That's crap about Brash. I can see a one gamer for the hit but anything for a bump prior to the game is stupid. Give him a warning and if he does it again then suspend him. 5 for the hit is redonkulous.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #62
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

6 games.. 1 game for that lil pansy shit before the game? lol what a joke

just waiting for the game now
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #63
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I just watched another replay online- it wasn't really the back of the head, more like the side of the head, but the guy wasn't looking and it seemed like the incident occurred away from the action.

In the NFL, if a guy gave a blindside forearm to the head of another player 10 yards away from the play, and the guy got knocked out and helped off the field, there would probably be a suspension.
I've seen cheaper hits get less, sure there really wasn't play going on, but he didn't get him that hard. I'm not so sure that the guy got as hurt as they made it out to be honestly.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #64
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Game 7 hockey is absolutely the single best sporting event to me, and I don't generally watch hockey. Haven't since moving back to Md. I will definitely watch this one tho'.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #65
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

A little Ovie to get you pumped for tonight

E:60 - Alexander the Gr8 - ESPN Video - ESPN
Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #66
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
A little Ovie to get you pumped for tonight

E:60 - Alexander the Gr8 - ESPN Video - ESPN
Shameless self promotion.

Seriously though, E:60 is some of my favorite stuff ESPN. I saw that Ovie segment. Really cool.

I gotta say the opening of the program where it shows Jeremy Schaap in black & white / slow mo emerging from the subway, Lisa Salters strutting through the crowd, etc, etc... Man that cracks me up for some reason.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #67
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Great comeback in the series, great come back in game 7!!! I was nervous as crap all day and the first 2 periods had me on the verge of breaking my TV. Just like in the overall series it took some time and some luck to solve Lundquist, but man I'm glad they did.

Whoever they play next round will obviously have a more potent offense, so I hope they Caps can play with a lot more consistency. Unleash the Fury indeed!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #68
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
Great comeback in the series, great come back in game 7!!! I was nervous as crap all day and the first 2 periods had me on the verge of breaking my TV. Just like in the overall series it took some time and some luck to solve Lundquist, but man I'm glad they did.

Whoever they play next round will obviously have a more potent offense, so I hope they Caps can play with a lot more consistency. Unleash the Fury indeed!
Varlamov will definitely be tested more by either NJ or Pitt than he was by the Rangers, but neither team has a netminder of Lundqvist's ability.

What a game, what a series. Al Koken called it. A few minutes before Federov's goal, he reported "don't be surprised if Sergei has something to say about this game before it's over."

What a win. LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #69
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

God I was nervous for this one. HUUUGGGEEE win. Feels good to win something in the postseason!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 AM   #70
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

WOW..What a game and a HUGE comeback for this young CAPS team!

Great game to be at ROCKIN THAT RED....We had Players Club seats for this one...OUTSTANDING, BIG TREAT! The Town was going CRAZY after the game!

Time for a new thread called CAPS vs. pens, lets keep rollin!

OVY vs Cindy!

GO CAPS!!!!!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #71
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Caps vs Pens is going to be awesome. I can't wait!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #72
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Fedorov. Glove Side. Top Shelf. Koken on Point. 'Nuff Said.

I was amazed by the level of aggression the Caps stayed at. One point in the 3rd period, there was a hit on the near side boards down by Varlamov, where a stick went up in the air. I rewound that hit 3 times. And watching Sean Avery limp off the ice with 30 seconds left was priceless.

I just hope the aggression stays high, and would love to see the return of Donald Brashear in the Conference Finals.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #73
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Well as a Ranger fan.... This is a tough one for sure. I guess I will start by that the first period was the Rangers best all series. They did EXACTLY I had talked about. Not only did they weather the storm, they were the storm. Holding that team to just two shots and scoring that first goal, couldn't have been a better start. I thought the 2nd was very similar outside of about a five minute stretch or so where I thought Washington had some control. To me, it was the early penalty in the 3rd. Washington did not score on the PP but it gave them (and the crowd) some life very early in the 3rd which is exactly what they needed and they fed off of it the rest of the way.

The Rangers played their best defensive game of the series, unfortunately it's the same old story with them all year - they couldn't score (Kinda like the Skins lol ). Lundqvist wasn't tested as much as he had been but was equally as good as he was at his best this series. Big saves he made last night. That 2nd goal, listen, people can say oh they beat him glove side again, ok, they can say well he dropped early, fine....fact of the matter is that's a laser of a shot, put in a perfect place by a guy that's been doing that for 15 years. You'd like to see him make that save of course, but sometimes credit has to go to the shooter, that was just a great shot.

I don't know what to think of this team. Drury was NO WHERE to be found but he's hurt and I'm interested to hear the extent of his injury. Gomez showed spurts but they needed more out of him, Naslund did not impress me. Antropov had his moments. Callahan, Avery (when his head was on right), Sjostrom, Dubinsky, Betts (when his head was on period) all played pretty well and provided some good spark. They missed that top end talent DEARLY. Problem is, they spent all their money signing guys they thought were those "top end" guys over the past couple of off-season's (Drury, Gomez, Naslund) so their likelihood of being big players this FA period I don't think are very good.

Overall though, hats off to Washington. I mean they were the better team, I still thought NYR would pull this one off after taking the first two in Washington and than having a 3-1 Series lead.. but what can you do? They were not going to get past Boston anyways (nor do I think anyone will until maybe the Cup finals)... I'm very excited to watch the Pens/Caps series... and will be hoping that goes to 7 as well... there really is NOTHING like Game 7 in the NHL playoffs... F Baseball, F Basketball... Hockey is the BEST game 7 there is... I"ll be rooting for Vancouver the rest of the way, and hoping anyone besides Carolina comes out of the East. Good luck to you guys and the Caps though!
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #74
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Way to go VARLEY & CAPS! The new #1 goalie...Theo take a seat!

That's a way to kick that NY ass, keep that dumb ass avery the turd in the sin bin! 4-0 CAPS!!!! This is the CAPS best performance by FAR, just what the Dr. ordered! Looked more like the regular season team I'm used to seeing.

Nice game Pothier, Semin, #8, Johnny E, nice to see BRASH, Nicky Back, and the shutout for VARLEY=GAME PUCK AND STARTING JOB.

We now have a series. The CAPS will now have some confidence moving into Wednesdays game, in a big way.

Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers - GameCast - April 20, 2009 - ESPN

GO CAPS!!!!!
Congrats on the win...Varley proved to be the deciding factor in winning the series. Going with the hot hand proved to be right. Good call.