Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Man thrown out of Yankee Stadium for lack of patriotism?

Other Sports

Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Man thrown out of Yankee Stadium for lack of patriotism?

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Fan cries foul over ejection from Yankee stadium

I have never been there but have heard from more than one person about this sort of thing. They have been doing this for quite some time now. I'm surprised it took this long for somebody to file a lawsuit.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Man thrown out of Yankee Stadium for lack of patriotism?

The police went America all over his ass.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
dmek25
MVP

how can he sue? its their building. don't they have the right to make the rules?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how can he sue? its their building. don't they have the right to make the rules?
Good question. I don't know the ownership situation with that stadium enough to say. I always thought the Yankees owned it outright but if it "perpetrated" by city cops then maybe thats his hook.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
jsarno
Franchise Player

It's God bless America, not even the national anthem...hope the guy wins his suit!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I like to stay and debate the issue, but I just spillied a cup of coffee in my crotch and I am pretty sure it ILLEGALLY hot. Where the hell did I put Johnny Cochran's number?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Yes.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

AMERI-CUH!!!!! a

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
over the mountain
Playmaker

my first impression is that while the yankees can attach conditions to the tickets they sell to the open public such as fan conduct, cursing, fighting etc. i highly doubt that there is a "must stay and stand for god bless america" printed on the ticket. the yankees could try to argue some clause/condition printed on the ticket about "fan conduct" but that would be ambiguous at best to apply to the "GBA" song, any ambiguity in a contract is construed against the contract drafter, ie the yankees.

i hope this guy wins, he should. just b/c 9/11 happened in NYC doesnt mean they get to enforce more stringent patriotic rules over say detroit or LA.

the real krink in this is that the yankees privately own the staduim, its not city owned by any fraction to my understanding so attaching constitutional rights may be tricky but do-able under a quasi-government interest argument or some "open to public" invitation that by law cant be restricted to only people willing to stand during "GBA".

should ne interesting to follow. not nearly as interesting as how the hell did balt city mayor get transcripts of the GJ indictment filed against her a week after the GJ indictment came down. it is very clear that a crim def does not get to see GJ testimony of anyone until right after a particular person who testified at the GJ session testifies in the criminal trial. sheila dixon stinks to high heaven like a rat.

go skins!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
my first impression is that while the yankees can attach conditions to the tickets they sell to the open public such as fan conduct, cursing, fighting etc. i highly doubt that there is a "must stay and stand for god bless america" printed on the ticket. the yankees could try to argue some clause/condition printed on the ticket about "fan conduct" but that would be ambiguous at best to apply to the "GBA" song, any ambiguity in a contract is construed against the contract drafter, ie the yankees.

i hope this guy wins, he should. just b/c 9/11 happened in NYC doesnt mean they get to enforce more stringent patriotic rules over say detroit or LA.

the real krink in this is that the yankees privately own the staduim, its not city owned by any fraction to my understanding so attaching constitutional rights may be tricky but do-able under a quasi-government interest argument or some "open to public" invitation that by law cant be restricted to only people willing to stand during "GBA".

should ne interesting to follow. not nearly as interesting as how the hell did balt city mayor get transcripts of the GJ indictment filed against her a week after the GJ indictment came down. it is very clear that a crim def does not get to see GJ testimony of anyone until right after a particular person who testified at the GJ session testifies in the criminal trial. sheila dixon stinks to high heaven like a rat.

go skins!!
Good points.

I do think that even if it's private, you paid for a ticket to watch a game, and as such you are entitled to something in return. I don't think he got what he paid for, and his behavior did not warrent dismissal.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
Warren85Ellard
Special Teams

I'm baffled. This guy was just going to the bathroom during "God Bless America"? I'd imagine hundreds, maybe thousands of others were out of their seats, buying beer, using the bathroom, etc.. during that time as well.... Did the news story leave something out? Was he being rowdy, verbally abusive or doing something that would have gotten anyone thrown out of a stadium or arena, whether the song was playing or not? ... If a large percentage of our citizens don't care or are too afraid to object to a person being thrown out of a stadium, just for using the bathroom during "God Bless America", then this is just another example of how far 9/11 has really set us back.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren85Ellard View Post
I'm baffled. This guy was just going to the bathroom during "God Bless America"? I'd imagine hundreds, maybe thousands of others were out of their seats, buying beer, using the bathroom, etc.. during that time as well.... Did the news story leave something out? Was he being rowdy, verbally abusive or doing something that would have gotten anyone thrown out of a stadium or arena, whether the song was playing or not? ... If a large percentage of our citizens don't care or are too afraid to object to a person being thrown out of a stadium, just for using the bathroom during "God Bless America", then this is just another example of how far 9/11 has really set us back.
excellent post.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
dmek25
MVP

another frivolous law suit. no wonder our court system is bogged down. if he doesn't like the way he was treated, don't go to any more games. its pretty simple
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM   #14
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
I like to stay and debate the issue, but I just spillied a cup of coffee in my crotch and I am pretty sure it ILLEGALLY hot. Where the hell did I put Johnny Cochran's number?
The coffee was hotter than what is allowed to be served out and fused her clothing into the skin of her "crotchal region" .. we're not talking about a lil blister and red spot here

but yeah she was still stupid
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote