Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

LeBron

Other Sports

Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

LeBron

Ok so this probably shouldn't be in the PL and I should probably try to finish my paper which is due soon but how do you all feel about LeBron this season.

As a pretty adamant Zards fan, I don't really like LeBron and always felt his comparisons to Jordan are way out of line. He does walk a lot, cry, and does have the best jumper but I think I am warming up to him for two main reasons.

1) He has improved his game. He jumper and 3pt shot are a lot better, plus he boards and plays decent D. As much as I tried I couldn't defend Kobe this season for his 50 pointer because Lebron had more assists and boards. He is pretty much an MVP lock and I think he deserves it.

2)Outside of basketball he has said all the right things. From all accounts he has his head on straight and he isn't overly full of himself. He knows he is good and his skills but he also holds a bit of modesty which I don't see from Kobe. He has stated numerous times he wants to have a billion dollar business enterprise because basketball is just a vehicle for his growth.

Some think he pregame stuff is too much, but he is really team-oriented and that is pretty cool.

Before I really didn't like him at all, near hated him, but he is really becoming a better all around player and is has his head on right off the court.

Thoughts? (God I can't wait for the regular season....)

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: LeBron

I think he's a freak of nature. 6-8 260?? Sheesh. He can pass, rebound, and obviously score, and as you said, his outside game is getting better quickly. Danny Ferry and the Cavs FO have done a great job of getting him the complimentary pieces to where they now are arguably the best team in the league. I'm pretty sure LeBron will be MVP as well.

That said, I'm like you - a big Wiz fan. I can't stand the Cavaliers, and LeBron does cry WAY too much.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

LeBron gets hated on more than anything because he's very, very good. And unless you're a fan of the team the person plays on, people generally prefer to see extreme talent (such as LeBron) fail or at least be humbled.

LeBron probably will and should be MVP...but my vote this year would probably go to Dwyane Wade.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
dmek25
MVP

Lebron is the man. and this is coming from a sixer fan. you have got to admire a superstar that is willing to give up the rock. that's why im not much on Kobe, or Wade. both have shoot first, pass as a last resort mentality
Old 04-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
LeBron gets hated on more than anything because he's very, very good. And unless you're a fan of the team the person plays on, people generally prefer to see extreme talent (such as LeBron) fail or at least be humbled.

LeBron probably will and should be MVP...but my vote this year would probably go to Dwyane Wade.
What's even scarier is if both guys move to NY in a few years...
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
dominionxp

lebron is too cocky
dominionxp is offline   Reply With Quote