Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Dispute Between Neighbors! Must read & See Pics!

Parking Lot

Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #16
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Dispute Between Neighbors! Must read & See Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
People aren't entitled to "a view" that I know of. Any house there would've blocked some of the view.. guess he chose the wrong plot of land.
Well I guess he was entitled to the view as they made them tear off the old roof and bring it back to code and I'm guessing that code was their so someone could not build a hugh home blocking others views. If you purchased a home knowing that the guy behind you could not build a building but so high then they came in and over built blocking your view you would just let then do so reducing the value of your home? I get what people are saying but the builder should have known the codes and I bet he was the one who ended up eating the loss.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well I guess he was entitled to the view as they made them tear off the old roof and bring it back to code and I'm guessing that code was their so someone could not build a hugh home blocking others views. If you purchased a home knowing that the guy behind you could not build a building but so high then they came in and over built blocking your view you would just let then do so reducing the value of your home? I get what people are saying but the builder should have known the codes and I bet he was the one who ended up eating the loss.
I agree, I can see how the guy would be ticked over his view. If he bought his house with the understanding that his view would never be blocked, and some jerkoff comes along and builds higher than code, I'd be ticked off too. Regardless of whether it was his fault or the builder it really doesn't matter, what's right is right and it should be fixed.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
But, over 18 inches? Either way your view is blocked. But, I do get what you are saying. It is the law...............even if it is just 18 inches. And because of the law, the complainer is going to have to look at a picture of a "cactus" every time he looks at the mountains.
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #19
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
But, over 18 inches? Either way your view is blocked. But, I do get what you are saying. It is the law...............even if it is just 18 inches. And because of the law, the complainer is going to have to look at a picture of a "cactus" every time he looks at the mountains.
It has been taken down. The guy who complained about the roof being too high apologized to the cactus guy (who said he'd take it down if the other guy apologized).
Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #20
mredskins
Gamebreaker

In Philly or around that area, if yo uare going north on 95 and where it spilts NJ Turnpike (295 maybe?) There is a hotel built there, never been occupied fairly large and nice looking. they built it one more floor then then the permit allowed and the city will never let anyone occuipy it. Crazy.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #21
redskinjim
Special Teams

this is good stuff haha
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote