Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

5 is our playoff number? Pick em'

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: 5 is our playoff number? Pick em'

If the Redskins don't blow the Cowpukes out of the waters (and I mean points, not stats), then we'll be a 6th seed at best or not make it to the playoffs at worst. We can't have this shitty up and down play from our team when teams are looking to distance themselves from the rest (NYG), trying to stay in the playoff race (Philly), and are desperate for a win (Cowpukes).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #32
saden1
MVP

We better f'ing beat Seattle! Going 5-2 is going to be tough but it's doable. I'm not really feeling too great about the Skins chances against Dallas this week or Giants in a few weeks. Here's how I see it:

11/16 Dallas @ Washington L -- I don't like playing against teams in a do-or-die mode.

11/23 Washington @ Seattle W -- If we can't beat them you can count on us laying an egg if we make the playoffs. Plus, I'm going to the game so it's more important than any other game they have played.

11/30 NYG @ Washington L -- Super Bowl Champs playing like Super Bowl Champs. I don't like playing their defense. I don't really care for their Offense but if we're not healthy in the secondary Eli is going to look like a SB MVP.

12/07 Washington @ Baltimore W -- Good defense, offensive offense. We should be able to squeak out a win.

12/14 Washington @ Cincinnati W -- They're not going to win 7 Games

12/21 Philadelphia @ Washington W -- Send a message to McNabb that says "you're not that good, certainly not good enough to beat the Redskins."

12/28 Washington @ San Francisco W -- Decent defense, they can't throw the ball to save their lives. Easy win.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #33
47FAN
Impact Rookie

i think jz made some adjustments over the buy and i think we can win 5 pretty easy. i think d hall will ad to the team week by week as ha gets adjusted. didnt agree with it at first but after the interviews today i think if london feels good we will be ok.
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #34
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I'm aware we've done it before saden, but I don't like the odds of going 4-0 in December with Baltimore and Philly on the schedule. There's also no defense if a bunch of players on Cinci have the game of their lives or if Singletary gets SF turned around.

I have to think we will have to do better than 1-2 in the next three weeks to have a shot at 11-5.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #35
saden1
MVP

I believe this team plays better when there's something on the line but with the Redskins you never know. They might bulldoze the Cowboys and the Giants and lose the rest of the way. Honestly though, if they can't beat Cincy or the 49'ers this team doesn't deserve to go anywhere.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Dallas: If Moss and everyone on defense are healthy we win this game otherwise it's a loss.

Seattle: Portis or Betts will be healthy and the the line will look to reestablish itself. A Win.

NY: If we can get basically everyone healthy, including a resurgent Jason Taylor we can win this game.

Baltimore: A loss. The Ravens defense is punishing like Pitt and we just don't respond well offensively.

Cinci: A win.

Philly: A win because our defense will be way up for this one and shut the iggles down.

San Fran: A win.

If we lose to Dallas, NY, and Baltimore the wild card only comes to us by luck. 11-5 or 12-4 guarantee a wild card spot but not the division. Giants end up 13-3 or better.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #37
cdskins26
Special Teams

I think 4 is more likely, but realistically five could happen. I just want us to be 2-1 or 3-0 down the stretch division-wise, because that could be the difference of a playoff spot in this division. I think we beat everyone but baltimore and new york to finish 11-5.
cdskins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #38
SBXVII
Franchise Player

After last nights Cards/49er game I'm not sure the 49er game is a gimmie. but heres mine....
Dallas-W. A tough win. they need it more
Seatle-W. They have no WR's.
Eagles-W. They are not that good.
49ers- W. I think we can squeek this one.
Bungles-W. They are a mess. take out the WR's and they are screwed.

The questionable ones are Baltimore, which I think we can win but it will be tough, and the Giants, which we need to split the season with. If we are simply going for the Wild card then who cares but I'd like to beat them and call the NFC East a draw. Be even nicer if we could have another team steal a game from the Giants and have us take home field advantage. lol.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #39
SBXVII
Franchise Player

The poor Giants have ....

Baltimore
Arizona
Skins
Eagles
Dallas
Panthers
Vikes

I think the Giants start getting beat up a little and lose a few in the mix. I'm sure the Eagles the second time will want redemption. The Panthers will not lay down. Arizona plays hard and can put up points.and last but not least hopefully Baltimore starts off all the fireworks this weekend.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #40
chrisl13
Special Teams

11/16 Dallas @ Washington W 24-20
11/23 Washington @ Seattle W 21-17
11/30 NYG @ Washington L 17-14
12/07 Washington @ Baltimore W 14-10
12/14 Washington @ Cincinnati W 34-10
12/21 Philadelphia @ Washington W 23-17
12/28 Washington @ San Francisco W 35-7
chrisl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #41
GoSkins!
The Starter

Going 5 and 2 is tough. This is the NFL.

With that said, if we are the team we hope we are, then we should win the 3 we should win...
Seattle, Cincinnati, SanFran
Then we should split the others 2 out of 4.

That gives us 11 wins. The problem is that I think we have to beat Dallas, NY, and Philly to win the division. Almost an impossible task, but one a Superbowl bound team could pull off...