The Starter

Don's Crystal Ball Week 10 Picks

THE DON'S
Crystal Ball
2008 SEASON
WEEK 10 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather

Many of you didn't got my Thursday's pick but, if you were wondering I took Cleveland. This 2008 season is getting ridiculous. For three quarters I was right on the money on my prediction. I said Quinn will manage the game not make stupid mistakes and get rid of the ball quickly taking advantage of Denver's injured and bad defense. Also I said that Denver without a RB will become one dimensional making it easier for Cleveland's defense to defend.
Well all things were going right with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter and in 5 minutes the whole game changed. Ending with another loss in my season.
I did good last week in the straight up but bad on the spread once again too many close games. I still cashed in by taking Atlanta,Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Lets see how we do this week I already started with the left foot.
Jacksonville Jets at Detroit 6.5 Ovr/Und 44
Culpepper 4th era starts Sunday. Expect a simple playbook with plays they run that are familiar with what he knows. The Jaguars have been awful.I expect them to win but it will be close Culpepper isn't what he used to, but the man can still throw a deep ball to a tall fast receiver.
Straight: Jax
Spread: Det
Ovr/Und: Und
Tennessee at Chicago 3 Ovr/Und 38.5
The Titans play their second NFC north team in 2 weeks and this will end with the same result, with Grossman back in the lineup, don't expect the Bears doing much. They Face a Titans defense that has a way of producing turnovers and being that Rex is the turnover machine this will be done by halftime.
Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten
Ovr/Und: Ovr
Buffalo at New England-4 Ovr/Und 41
The bills after a hot start have gone to Alaska the past few weeks. You have to give Belichick props for keeping this team together after the loss of Brady. This is a clear example of how hard the 2008 season is to predict. both teams have solid teams with some small weaknesses and yet you don0t know who's going to show up on Sunday.
The bills need this win with a 0-2 record in the division they need this week if they want to make it to the playoffs. take the upset.
Straight: Buf
Spread: Buf
New Orleans at Atlanta -1 Ovr/Und 50
Ryan has been a good surprise this season, the kid has looked good. Atlanta has been perfect at home they have a good defense and running game. if this gets into a shootout New Orleans Might have a chance I just don't think Ryan can keep up with Drew. But, N.O defense can stop the run and New Orleans hasn't been good on the road. Take the Home

Straight: Atl
Spread: Atl
Ovr/Und: und
St. Louis at New York Jets -8 Ovr/Und 44.5
Well the rams hot streak it's over. Jackson wont play so they go back on being one dimensional. The Jets have been up and down all year. they are playing good at home
Straight: NYJ
Spread: NYJ
Seattle at Miami -8.5 Ovr/Und 43.5
Miami has been playing great defense, Seattle has no swagger and they're no good at the road, and they're still without their QB take the home team.
Straight: Mia
Spread: Sea
Green Bay at Minnesota -2.5 Ovr/Und 45
Green Bay lost a close game against the undefeated Titans while Minnesota almost blew a huge lead against Houston. Minnesota it's just avrg, take GB
Straight:GB
Spread: GB
Carolina at Oakland 9.5 Ovr/Und 37
The panthers are playing well, Oakland it's the complete opposite they're just a mess. take the panthers
Straight: Car
Spread: Car
Kansa City at San Diego-15.5 Ovr/Und 47.5
This division it's just not good. There are no more disappointing and talented teams in the NFL like San Diego and Dallas so much high expectations for two teams that haven't delivered.
Straight: SD
Spread: KC
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh -3 Ovr/Und 42
Pittsburgh has the best defense, they'll be without Parker and maybe Ben but the team looked good with Byron. this will be the last nail on the coffin for the colts season.
Straight: Pit
Spread: Pit
New York at Philadelphia -3 Ovr/Und 43
New York has shown to all doubters that their Super Bowl win was no fluke , the eagles with Westbrook back look completely different and they're bouncing back. it will be close a good divisional fight, take the home team this time.

Straight: Phi
Spread: Phi
Baltimore at Houston 1 Ovr/Und 42
Baltimore has found their mojo, the offense is working, they're being dominant and playing at a high level.
Straight: Bal
Spread: Bal
San Francisco at Arizona -9.5 Ovr/Und 46

SF better bring two sets of pants for this game. Arizona will win.
Straight: Ari
Spread: Ari

Hot Picks
Record 31-23 (57%)
Green Bay (playoffs)
Tennessee (playoffs)
Pittsburgh (playoffs)
Carolina
Arizona
Baltimore
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Re: Don's Crystal Ball Week 10 Picks

On a side note... I said there was no logic on why I picked Dallas last week... I just tought with how weird this season has been that a team that didn't had a chance to win on sunday will. and I said or at least NY wouldn't cover... I was wrong but those are the risk picks.

It's funny how many members came to the thread and talk crap about the Dallas game and all that but none came back after the Redskins loss.

hmmmm
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
53Fan
Franchise Player

It's a Redskin board. What do you expect?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think you can look at the board and see how everyone reacted to the Skins loss... not really much more to add on that. Next week will be quite the test for both teams. Hey and on a side note, I am actually not rooting against the Cowboys this week, amazing.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
It's a Redskin board. What do you expect?
I expect for you guys to show your face. Like I do every time you guys kick our ass or make some dumb calls. Nothing more.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
I expect for you guys to show your face. Like I do every time you guys kick our ass or make some dumb calls. Nothing more.
I'm here. Can I help you with something?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
horse
Impact Rookie

Can someone please tell me right now today why the fuck everyone is so in love with philly, The giants pretty much destroy everyone they play. Philly beat seattle big shit, Atlanta had a shot a beating philly till the refs screwed them. We beat philly and yes westbrook played, So why is everyone picking philly to beat the giants?
Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
53Fan
Franchise Player

They've won 3 in a row and they're at home. I still like NY myself.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse View Post
Can someone please tell me right now today why the fuck everyone is so in love with philly, The giants pretty much destroy everyone they play. Philly beat seattle big shit, Atlanta had a shot a beating philly till the refs screwed them. We beat philly and yes westbrook played, So why is everyone picking philly to beat the giants?
  • NY can't win everygame.
  • Our Division it's the toughest with everyone with a winning record
  • They Play at home
  • And it's not realistic to think NY will go 6-0 on the division.
  • Philly has the type of aggressive defense that can cause Eli trouble.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #10
horse
Impact Rookie

Now you see my point the game last night was not that close, The giants dominated but made very costly mistakes to keep philly around. So looking back they blow it against the bears, look very good against pitt, get pushed around by us, struggle to get away from sf are in position to possible lose to atlanta till the zebras show up, and beat up on seattle. And ofcourse lose last night. Theres always any given sunday and all that and the eagles are a good team, But for the last time Don't believe the hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
You know where to find us.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse View Post
Now you see my point the game last night was not that close, The giants dominated but made very costly mistakes to keep philly around. So looking back they blow it against the bears, look very good against pitt, get pushed around by us, struggle to get away from sf are in position to possible lose to atlanta till the zebras show up, and beat up on seattle. And ofcourse lose last night. Theres always any given sunday and all that and the eagles are a good team, But for the last time Don't believe the hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NY looked pretty good last night but you can't say anything about the mistakes both teams had 2 turnovers in great field possition the difference is that Phi scored 14 of those and NY only 6... Ny was the better team and move the ball better... but it's not like Phi was a push over like you said they aren't in the same level at NY but they aren't that bad.

Except at play calling what was Andy thinking running twice on 3rd and 3 with less then 2 min too play when they hadn't run all night dumb dumb move