Cooley's take on the Panthers game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #31
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Cooley's take on the Panthers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Part of me wonders if our lack luster performance was due in part to our preseason being so long. When Cooley admits that he hasn't looked forward to practice for weeks its a clue that maybe we just didn't show up. I guess I am hoping that is the case. The alternative is that we just suck.
It could also be that the Panthers were the first good team we have faced and you are only as good as the teams you play. The Jets and Bills do not scare anyone. I do not care if Farve is the QB, the Jets and Bills will not be winning the 2008 Superbowl. THe colts were with out thier MVP QB and several starters including Defensive MVP's Bob Sander and Dwight Freenney.
Panthers are a good team now with their new additons and the return to health of some of their players. We do not measure up yet to the elite teams in the NFL. Our lines are old and not very good. You win up front. We draft WR's and Te's.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Cooley's take on the Panthers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not a fan of playing the Giants when he have them "right where we want them"

Four years ago we had them right where we wanted them when they had internal strife of Coughlin's "If you're on time, you're late" meeting rule...and we lost

Three years ago we had them right where we wanted them when they were reeling over the death of owner Wellington Mara...and we lost

Last year we had them right where we wanted them when they got destroyed in the first two games of the season and the defense couldn't stop anyone...and we lost
Good points. Although I don't think we have them right where we want them. Playing the Super Bowl champs on the road, in New York no less, on the NFL opening night with a rookie head coach is NOT having someone right where you want them.

But, I do think they've had a rough offseason, lost some key guys, now Osi... When looking at this game, I'd say we have a better chance than I would have estimated 6 months ago. That being said, I'd say they have a better chance for a W than we do next Thursday.

I don't seem to remember them reeling when Wellington Mara died. They had a nice tribute and the players looked up to him, but he was almost 90 and had been sick for a while, so they knew it was coming. Not to downplay how sad it was, but it wasn't a sudden shocker like Sean's murder. I remember when the national anthem was playing they showed the faces of the Giants players on the sideline, and I knew right then we were gonna lose that game. The focus and determination was plain as day.

Last edited by GMScud; 08-27-2008 at 09:14 PM.
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote