Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #106
MTK
\m/

Re: Early Cut list, or Please Get Off My Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
Am I the only person that thinks maybe Evans will be on the bubble
Yeah, you are.

He's definitely not on the bubble. Not even close.

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #107
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah, you are.

He's definitely not on the bubble. Not even close.
Well with, Jackson, James, Wilson, Taylor, Evans, and Carter, I think that Jackson, Evans and Wilson are the possible cuts. They can only keep two of them. I understand that Evans is known as a run stuffer and plays tackle, but maybe they see more upside in Wilson and Jackson. I think that, which DE's to keep will be one of the toughest decisions. As far as I am concerned, if the season started today, Jackson makes the team. That leaves Wilson and Evans as two guys that have done little in preseason.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #108
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Well with, Jackson, James, Wilson, Taylor, Evans, and Carter, I think that Jackson, Evans and Wilson are the possible cuts. They can only keep two of them. I understand that Evans is known as a run stuffer and plays tackle, but maybe they see more upside in Wilson and Jackson. I think that, which DE's to keep will be one of the toughest decisions. As far as I am concerned, if the season started today, Jackson makes the team. That leaves Wilson and Evans as two guys that have done little in preseason.
Making a cut at this position is going to be tough. How is the PUP list work? Maybe they can put James in there?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #109
RMSkins
The Starter

Quote:
Rob Jackson is not going to make it over Evans, because Rob Jackson is a candidate for the practice squad. To me it comes down to Rob Jackson vs. Chris Wilson. We all know what Chris Wilson can do, he's a situational rusher. Jackson has looked really good in preseason with 3tcks 2scks and 1ff. If Wilson makes it over Jackson, Jackson can easily be placed on the PS, but if Jackson makes it over Wilson, Wilson will be gone because I don't think he's eligible for the PS.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #110
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Rob Jackson is not going to make it over Evans, because Rob Jackson is a candidate for the practice squad. To me it comes down to Rob Jackson vs. Chris Wilson. We all know what Chris Wilson can do, he's a situational rusher. Jackson has looked really good in preseason with 3tcks 2scks and 1ff. If Wilson makes it over Jackson, Jackson can easily be placed on the PS, but if Jackson makes it over Wilson, Wilson will be gone because I don't think he's eligible for the PS.
I think they are both eligible for the practice squad, Wilson was considered a rookie last year. My opinion is neither one will make it on the practice squad. Jackson has done to much this year and Wilson did to much last year.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #111
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Making a cut at this position is going to be tough. How is the PUP list work? Maybe they can put James in there?
James was on the PUP list where I thought they would keep him, but they removed him from that list last week. I thought they would just keep him there, so they could keep more DE's, in the event of an injury. But it looks like they intend to play him next week and keep him on the active roster.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #112
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
James can not be put on PUP to start the season now.

Posted at 9:33 AM ET, 08/11/2008

James Activated; Huntley Released

Defensive end Erasmus James has passed his physical and will be activated from the physically unable to perform list.
That means someone had to go and that someone is Kevin Huntley, a veteran defensive end who had failed to move up the depth chart. He's a DC area guy who had spent some time with Atlanta, but after the Jason Taylor trade and with James getting healthy, Huntley was expendable.
Back at practice (players in shells and shorts) this morning are LaRon Landry, Rock Cartwright, James, Devin Thomas and Chris Horton. Vernon Fox is back after missing Saturday's game for personal reasons.
Not practicing are H.B. Blades, Shawn Springs, Malcolm Kelly, Stephon Heyer, and Anthony Mix.
Both Todd Yoder or Lorenzo Alexander have been excused from practice, for reasons to be determined.
BTW, send your questions to Jalaca, who'll be chatting at 11:45.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #113
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsoftheNFCeast View Post
Dear Tyron,
Please get off my team, you suck. I dont care if you are a 4th rounder, you are getting outplayed by UFAs

Sincerely,
Beast
Let's start a petition.

Seriously, after showing nothing in the first two games except how well he jogs after guys he's given up big plays to. What happens on Clowney's big reception & Kellen Clemens' only big play of the night? Sure enough, here comes Justin Tryon trotting after him. Well, at least, he put a big hit on him. It's still not enough to stay on the team though. Justin Tryon, please go and give us back our fourth round pick.

Matterral Richardson is looking better. He can stay.

Last edited by theJBexperience; 08-18-2008 at 06:57 PM.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:33 AM   #114
That Guy
Living Legend

wilson's probably the cut at DE. he's just a worse version of a guy we've already got (taylor, carter, james).

evans is definitely staying, and boschetti made a REAL push last game to be relevant (amazing game by him actually).

crummey also showed something, and justin hamilton, even though i wrote him off, looked better than fox last night. i'm pretty sure we keep moore and horton with landry and doughty, but there's a good chance we keep a 5th safety on the PS and a slim chance for the actual roster.

mcmullen had some good and bad moments. none of the other WRs really stood out.

i'm pretty sure mann and devine suck... like, really suck.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:50 AM   #115
BleedsBurgundy
Camp Scrub

Not sure Devine sucks - just no good here. We should cut him now and give him a chance to make the practice squad somewhere else...
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #116
BleedsBurgundy
Camp Scrub

...oh and we should cut Frost now too. He killed us too many times last season and the Rook is producing.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #117
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Rian Wallace has been cut, so all of you who had him making the team (myself included), shame on you.

Anyhow, it's not surprising after he got hurt this weekend. They've signed David Holloway in his place.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #118
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I stated earlier that I thought Geisinger was going to make the team, and after listening to Zorns press confrence yesterday, he all but confirmed that. I think that settles the offensive line situation, with Heyer, Rienhart, Fabini, and Geislinger. Unless they keep ten somehow, which I doubt.

I just read JLC's article today and he says Geisinger makes it also.
Redskins Insider

Last edited by T.O.Killa; 08-18-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #119
freddyg12
Playmaker

I thought for the last 2 years they would get some guys in that would take D. Evans' spot, but he just continues to stick. If JLC is correct, he will be used a lot in the nickel package as a DT, essentially taking Daniels' place.

The only way I see Wilson staying is if they count Evans as a DT & cut Boschetti, another guy that manages to make it every year. I'd like to see Wilson make it, I fear he could become another Chris Clemons if they let him go.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM   #120
4thGenRedskin21

You have to look at what player helps your team the most

An everydown player will stick way before a situational down player will(wilson) we as redskin fans are looking at these players way better than they are. The fact is ,every team has to make these hard decisions and everyone has to make cuts and its not like all the other teams are going to be scooping up mad players on everyone PS. There is going to be good players on PS's all over the league. We dont really need wilson anymore, becuase we have Taylor and James, and I think he is as good as gone. I think wecan stick him on the PS though
4thGenRedskin21 is offline   Reply With Quote