Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Offiss Oh Offiss Where Art Thou?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #61
warriorzpath

Re: Offiss Oh Offiss Where Art Thou?

The name/phrase/whatever, Debbie Downer, just reminds me of Debbie Does Dallas. Sort of fitting for a pessimistic redskins fan. Sorry I couldn't resist getting into it.

And just for the sake of this thread(and of course takes precedence over winning), too bad Spurrier and his band of ex-gators still aren't redskins. We could be gator-aid drinking cheerleaders, instead of kool-aid drinking cheerleaders.

This thread is funny. I don't know if it's a good funny or a bad funny.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #62
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I will say that Offiss did say after the Giants game that they should give the ball to Sellers at the goal line. So I'll give him that.

And he did say a couple of weeks back that in time Campbell would improve his accuracy. Of course, he also said Campbell was too dumb to understand a playbook unless it was written in crayon. But I digress...
So there ya go. Offiss, tries to cover all bases no matter how much he contradicts himself.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 AM   #63
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
So there ya go. Offiss, tries to cover all bases no matter how much he contradicts himself.
The next intelligent thing you say will be your first. Just because you don't understand a statement doesn't make it a contradiction, but nice try!
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
The next intelligent thing you say will be your first. Just because you don't understand a statement doesn't make it a contradiction, but nice try!
What a way to use your 3,000th post
Old 10-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #65
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss View Post
Oooohhhhhh bbbbuuuurrrnnnnn! Not!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #66
saden1
MVP

I have been informed that offiss is the right hand of man of Lucifer. I mean, look at his user name, it sounds biblical and tyrannical.

Seriously folks, this thread is retarded.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #67
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I have been informed that offiss is the right hand of man of Lucifer. I mean, look at his user name, it sounds biblical and tyrannical.

Seriously folks, this thread is retarded.
The thread wasn't intended to say offiss is evil etc. It was meant to bust offiss' balls a bit in good fun and to dish a little bit back to the "Negative Nellies." But, to each his own.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #68
SBprimetime
Special Teams

I like watching football.
SBprimetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #69
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
If Offiss's defense, he has always maintained that the game has passed Joe Gibbs by, and for anyone that 'drinks the kool aid', then why would he take the play calling away from Saunders after he lead us down the field against the Giants, then waste a play, and call two obvious runs to our strong side of the oline against a stacked D.... If you think Gibbs is still (and I say still because this only refers to him currently as a coach) one of the top coaches in the league then why does he let his assistants call the plays and do their job well, and then when he calls the plays everything goes south...

Im sure everyone will lash out on this, and I wont be around much to defend it, but Joe Gibbs does not optimize his talent or his coaching staff. Analysts always blame Snyder for buying so many free agents, but he doesnt coach them and call the plays. The patriots just went out and signed virsus in Moss and Stallworth, paid top dollar for a line backer, traded for two other receivers...but according to the media they went out and got key acquisitions to fill their holes. But when synder does it hes overpaying and trying to buy a team.

We are lucky to have Saunders and Williams, and we would be a better team if they called every play of every game. Gibbs is a great leader, motivator, figure head. Im glad he came back, im glad he brings back fans and creates new ones. Im glad he was willing to admit that he needs to give up the play calling, but there was no reason for him to call the plays late in the Giants game, or to change Saunders game plan for the second half. Or do you think that Saunders decided that with two minutes left in the first half we shouldnt atleast try for a field goal? That is another Gibbs call, and why i say that our coaches name is Joe 'Vagina' Gibbs. I mean for crying out loud, the Lions were calling time outs so when they got the ball back they would have time to score. How can you argue that our coach isnt being a vagina when the other team even thinks that they can just stop us and then score, but we apparently dont have enough time on our own to score. Yes, going into the half with a lead is great and im sure he wishes we could not pass in the second half to be safe so we dont throw picks (hence him sucking brunells dick for so long, because brunell might not score, but he doesnt throw picks either).

Joe Gibbs started somethign great with his return, and I know we have the talent to be a playoff team, and they want to win, Gibbs gives them that heart that is so important to winning. I always cheer when we win, its not like im looking for somethign to complain about, and I want to drink the kool aid, but I really just wish Gibbs was our Mascot and figure head and not the coach. he needs to be a part of the organiztion, just stop freaking calling plays...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 AM   #70
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES View Post
I really just wish Gibbs was our Mascot and figure head and not the coach. he needs to be a part of the organiztion, just stop freaking calling plays...
Even though I believe it's very distasteful if not down right sexist to call Joe Gibbs or anybody "Vagina", you are entitled to your opinion. Although, you'll probably not be making friends with the female fans on the board.

I believe people are forgetting that Saunders was brought into Washington to enhance Gibbs' style of offense..NOT to replace it. With that said, Gibbs has every right to call plays. He knows what he's doing.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #71
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Quote:
If Offiss's defense, he has always maintained that the game has passed Joe Gibbs by, and for anyone that 'drinks the kool aid', then why would he take the play calling away from Saunders after he lead us down the field against the Giants, then waste a play, and call two obvious runs to our strong side of the oline against a stacked D.... If you think Gibbs is still (and I say still because this only refers to him currently as a coach) one of the top coaches in the league then why does he let his assistants call the plays and do their job well, and then when he calls the plays everything goes south...

Im sure everyone will lash out on this, and I wont be around much to defend it, but Joe Gibbs does not optimize his talent or his coaching staff. Analysts always blame Snyder for buying so many free agents, but he doesnt coach them and call the plays. The patriots just went out and signed virsus in Moss and Stallworth, paid top dollar for a line backer, traded for two other receivers...but according to the media they went out and got key acquisitions to fill their holes. But when synder does it hes overpaying and trying to buy a team.

We are lucky to have Saunders and Williams, and we would be a better team if they called every play of every game. Gibbs is a great leader, motivator, figure head. Im glad he came back, im glad he brings back fans and creates new ones. Im glad he was willing to admit that he needs to give up the play calling, but there was no reason for him to call the plays late in the Giants game, or to change Saunders game plan for the second half. Or do you think that Saunders decided that with two minutes left in the first half we shouldnt atleast try for a field goal? That is another Gibbs call, and why i say that our coaches name is Joe 'Vagina' Gibbs. I mean for crying out loud, the Lions were calling time outs so when they got the ball back they would have time to score. How can you argue that our coach isnt being a vagina when the other team even thinks that they can just stop us and then score, but we apparently dont have enough time on our own to score. Yes, going into the half with a lead is great and im sure he wishes we could not pass in the second half to be safe so we dont throw picks (hence him sucking brunells dick for so long, because brunell might not score, but he doesnt throw picks either).

Joe Gibbs started somethign great with his return, and I know we have the talent to be a playoff team, and they want to win, Gibbs gives them that heart that is so important to winning. I always cheer when we win, its not like im looking for somethign to complain about, and I want to drink the kool aid, but I really just wish Gibbs was our Mascot and figure head and not the coach. he needs to be a part of the organiztion, just stop freaking calling plays...

goddamnit dude, just say pussy. act like you got a pair... if you're calling someone out and you call them a "vagina" you sound like dilbert calling out a crip...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #72
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
goddamnit dude, just say pussy. act like you got a pair... if you're calling someone out and you call them a "vagina" you sound like dilbert calling out a crip...
how is saying 'act like you got a pair' anything different than saying youre acting like a pussy. I acutally said vagina because its an actual term and I thought pussy sounded more derogatory. The whole point was that I wish Gibbs 'got a pair' more often, and this is probably what Offiss was bitching about, that he says a bunch of football related things and you jump out at the part that has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Yes I said something in defense of offiss, but it was a thread, and it should be treated no different then if I was in support of signing a free agent or not or any other thread. I wrote about football and it came back to me having to defend myself...please...thats not the point of this forum, everything I wrote were facts about things that happened in the game.

At this point all i have to say is....

"Meg"
*tongue farting noise which i will refer to as beh, since i have no idea how to spell that noise*
"Meg Meg Meg"
beh beh beh
"meg......"
a quite version of beh....

atleast we can all agree on family guy, or is family guy sexist too, someoen going to snap at me...should i say Family 'we do not discriminate against any race, religion, or sex' show....
Old 10-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
If Offiss's defense, he has always maintained that the game has passed Joe Gibbs by, and for anyone that 'drinks the kool aid', then why would he take the play calling away from Saunders after he lead us down the field against the Giants, then waste a play, and call two obvious runs to our strong side of the oline against a stacked D.... If you think Gibbs is still (and I say still because this only refers to him currently as a coach) one of the top coaches in the league then why does he let his assistants call the plays and do their job well, and then when he calls the plays everything goes south.
Quote:
Gibbs said he told Campbell the plays to run, indicating that Gibbs apparently had taken over the play-calling duties usually held by assistant coach Al Saunders. Later, Gibbs clarified his remarks, saying he was just reinforcing the plays called by Saunders to the young quarterback.
ESPN - Giants rally as defense holds Skins to 83 yards in second half - NFL Football Recap
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #74
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

And there ya go. So much for someone stating "facts" eh?