Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The dog has returned to his vomit! II

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
offiss

The dog has returned to his vomit! II

Well we all thought now that Campbell is in and Brunell is out we can open up the offense? LOL, As usual Gibbs couldn't resist trying to run the clock out with a lead starting the 3rd quarter.

It was almost as if the Giants knew Gibbs wouldn't try anything down field, they overloaded the defensive front with no regard for the down field passing game, every play there were 8 giants running to the ball at the LOS, putting all of the burden as usual on the defense to stay on the field the entire second half and hold off the opposition, we have watched the same exact philosophy since Gibbs's return regardless of who's calling the plays, Gibbs is ultimately in charge of the offense, Saunders is known for his relentless attack down field, but all of a sudden now that he's with us he's had a change of heart? Only when we become desperate and are forced to will we take chances down field, when I say chances I mean Gibbs is horrified of possible turnovers, as if the world would end tomorrow if we had an INT taking a shot down field, funny how things opened right back up as soon as Campbell was put into do or die mode, the Giants were not in a prevent at the end it was us moving the ball like we should have all game.

The last 4 plays pretty much sum up Gibbs and his ridiculous, convoluted, irrational thought process, with 51 seconds and the ball at the 1 yard line we spike the ball, utter stupidity, Gibbs reacts to any pressure situation when the clock is an issue like a deer in headlights, someone tell me why we don't have a specific play already set for situations just like that where you have a set play, you know like when there is a bad snap on a field goal every one knows what to do, hey how bout a QB sneak? A little risque for Gibbs possibly, no we spike it and burn a down, reason? So we can have 25 seconds on the clock to run our final play, as usual Gibbs has no concept of clock management. Gibbs explanation you ask? We wanted to get his heavy jumbo package on the field, sounds like a great reason to just piss 1 down away but OK, then he proceeds to throw to a player he should have handed the ball to, he wants heavy jumbo and then throws it?????????? OK, but lets not give up on the jumbo just yet, now I don't think it would have made a difference with either Portis or Betts running the ball there neither one of them would run over a linebacker let alone a DL, but I know someone who would yes you guessed it Mike Sellars, for the record has anyone every seen this guy stopped at the line of scrimmage let alone fail us on 3rd or 4th and less than a yard, because if he did I can't remember, he was just plowing through everyone on short yardage last week, I am sure Gibbs must have film some where of him not going forward, OK we decide to run Betts up the middle it fails, but it happens, then with the entire Giants defense on the LOS we run off tackle forcing Betts to run 3 times the distance to the goal line against the entire Giants defense just waiting for the run, 1 hand off to Sellars and it's a tie game end of story.

But I wouldn't get to worked up, you see if we had tied the game we were going to be treated to the same old scared to run a play Gibbs as we saw the second half, I had no feeling at all that we would win that game in OT unless Eli fell down on his own in the end zone for a safety.

Some might say what about the previous games, well Gibbs pretty much did the same thing against the Eagles, before the first half he had half the kicking team on and half the offensive team on and that's how he made his decision to kick it, lucky for us Andy Reed was calling TO to allow Gibbs time to straighten out the mess that was about to implode. Yes our defense was able to hang in there the first 2 weeks and hold off the opposition, well when you tell your defense the offense is going to stay in the locker room at half time, you have a 14 point lead that should be enough just hold them, well they could get tired and a little ticked that they are fighting their gut's out while Gibbs has the offense on the side line relaxing and sipping lemonade.

I am sorry to say Joe, the players may be fighting there guts out and leaving it on the field but you sure ain't! Funny Gibbs kept reiterating that we are all together, I can't help thinking how much Gibbs is starting to mirror Lt Comdr. Philip Francis Queeg, no we wont have a Caine mutiny on our hands, but players have to be thinking it!

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: The dog has returned to his vomit! II

Why don't you do a search before you post? This same stupid shit is being said in more than one other thread.

thread locked