Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pre-Season only 6 weeks out, how do you think we will do in our Pre-Season debut?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #16
GoSkins!
The Starter

Re: Pre-Season only 6 weeks out, how do you think we will do in our Pre-Season debut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Chip View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you as well. Who cares if Mark Brunell goes 8 for 10 against the backups? We know what he can do (and can't do). We know what Betts can do. We know what Omar Stoutmire can do. And the players we don't know about will be going against other scrubs so it won't tell us much about how they would do against starters either.

I suppose if the second team destroys the other second team in a big way you could jump to some conclusions but I want to see the first team dominate. To me, that's where its at.
So, don't you think that you could also make some conclusions if the second team gets destroyed like the defensive teams did last year?

Last year the first team defense came out and dominated. Then, when the second team came in, they sucked. They sucked so bad, Williams started throwing in some of the starters with them, and they still couldn't stop anything. To stop the other team, Williams basically had to have ALL his starters in. In hind sight, I realize that it told me exactly how the season was going to go. If there were injuries to the defense, we were going to be toast because our backups were inferior.

IMO, watching the backups is really the main reason to watch the preseason. If they can consistently beat the other team's backups then we know our talent level is where it needs to be.

Advertisements
Old 06-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #17
dmek25
MVP

Re: Pre-Season only 6 weeks out, how do you think we will do in our Pre-Season debut?

to me, its about watching the starters execute. and everyone staying injury free. i wonder if portis will play at all, after last year
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #18
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I think we will win one game.

And it wont matter one bit.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #19
The Huddle
Camp Scrub

Just come out of the preseason releatively healthy and I'll be happy. If the starters look good, great, but if not, does it really matter? No. What matters is that they play well on opening day and thereafter. These "games" are nothing but glorified scrimmages, and one of the biggest rip-offs in sports. I just don't see the logic in getting worked up about games that don't matter.
The Huddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Pretty much the pre-season means nothing as long as we make it through with no injuries i am happy. It is the game against the Dolphins that I can't wait for.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

I'll be curious to see how much of the offense we'll actually see. Remember last year it was vanilla to the extreme, but Gibbs appeared to have seen the error of his ways when he reflected upon that during the season. I think we'll see a bit more of the real offense right away, and a definite sense of urgency early on.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:06 PM   #22
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'll be curious to see how much of the offense we'll actually see. Remember last year it was vanilla to the extreme, but Gibbs appeared to have seen the error of his ways by when he reflected upon that during the season. I think we'll see a bit more of the real offense right away, and a definite sense of urgency early on.
I agree 100%! Good points from the GoSkins post also, I think we are coming out to make a statement in these games that some folks don't think mean much.

I think they mean alot are we seeing the teams #1's chemistry and the team unite and play as a team on both sides of the ball as we believe they can, and how are our depth players that we will NEED, being within a couple of weeks of Pre-Season games, we go into the regular season. We need to be SHARPE.

I think Joe will put alot of pressure on all to perform at a VERY HIGH level in these games. You can bet your ass Joe and the entire team is putting alot of emphasis on how we look and perform in these games!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:49 PM   #23
redskinsfanatic

preseason is a joke until the last game.3/4 of the guys playing are gonna end up getting cut,so what does it matter?
redskinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsfanatic View Post
preseason is a joke until the last game.3/4 of the guys playing are gonna end up getting cut,so what does it matter?

as long as Clinton Portis lays down after an interception or doesnt play in the pre-season

Old 06-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #25
redsk1
The Starter

It will be interesting to see what kind of offense we see. I think we'll see a little more but i still don't think we're going to open up the whole playbook. Last year was a little different, w/ AS coming in and implementing a new system. We've been in the system for a year now. So, i'm saying we might see about 40% of the offense.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #26
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

one of my favorite parts of the season is training camp and pre season. So much excitement and i love watching the underdog players. This year I'll be looking for the d-line to play against the steelers o-line and the offense against the ravens, as far as first teams go. Those games, the first teams will play quite a bit.

Obviously wins don't mean anything but you can tell a lot about a team from the preseason, if you know what to look for. 3 years ago when we played atlanta, we knew our d was going to be special from the first quarter of the game. That season we had a great d. It tells a lot about the team. Lets hope for no injuries though. Thats number 1

I'll be going to both the preseason games. One with one of my best friends, who is a steelers fan. And the other, I'll be bringing 3 raven fans into our house(i don't like it either).
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #27
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Here is what I'm looking for in the preseason.
1. Jason Campbell leading consistent drives. I'm not expecting the team to score every time, just show consistency and balance on offense.
2. The defense getting off the field. Too many times last year they gave up long drives. I want to see some three and outs. I want to see better execution on third down.
3. No major injuries.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #28
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I see us losing the first pre-season game because the pre-season doesn't mean shit.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 PM   #29
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Yeah, and I think others have posted this, as long as we don't get freaking blown out 41-0, and show some signs of progress, I'm fine.