Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylor - What is up with this moron?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #31
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I haven't seen anything about Taylor's play thus far that would make me say he looks "bad". I've actually been pretty impressed with his burst to the ball. He's still adjusting to the conditioning aspect of these practices (which are fast-paced and intense, not to mention unbearably HOT!), as well as adapting to the speed and complexity of the game. That's why Andre Lott has been ahead of him on the depth chart so far.

I also think people need to give Lott a little credit here. Lott has shown that he has excellent coverage skills, displaying the speed and fluidity of a cornerback, and the ability to run step-for-step with receivers on deep patterns.

Perhaps rather than asking why Taylor is second on the depth chart (last I checked, he's still a rookie, playing for a very demanding defensive coach), folks should be asking why Ohalete has fallen all the way back to third, behind both Lott and Taylor. That's the real mystery of camp. Right now, nobody really has an explanation for it, and Ohalete certainly hasn't been forthcoming with any answers himself.
Exactly. Joe is the voice of reason.
Hey Andre Lott - Props to you for stepping it up! Iffy, what's up dude? Something must have happened that we are aware of, or maybe, just maybe, Lott has just really impressed the coaches that much. That said, I believe Taylor will still end up with the job eventually....he's a rookie. Plus, how many starters are really set a week before the preseason starts (for all teams) anyway?
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #32
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Looks like hes starting to break out of his shell in practice now. This guy is going to be great for us, we just gotta have a little patience in this first week of practice. From joes play by play it seemed he was breaking up plays, and stopping runs at the line of scrimage.