Roy Williams = dirty tackler

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #91
12thMan
MVP

Re: Roy Williams = dirty tackler

Quote:
Originally Posted by denim_monger
beer belly roy williams is even more overrated than old man joe gibbs, and thats pretty bad
:headbange
Son, why don't you go your homework?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #92
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
beer belly roy williams is even more overrated than old man joe gibbs, and thats pretty bad
lol
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #93
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack
Old enough to have seen every single Super Bowl the Cowboys have played in. Old enough to remember Don Merideth as a Dallas QB. Old enough that in the late '70s I was honored to have dinner with Tony Dorsett. Old enough to watch Dat Nguyen grow up in Rockport, Texas watch him play high school, college and pro football. Old enough to remember screaming at the TV for the Dallas defense to find a way, find any way to stop John Riggins. God that guy ran ALL OVER the Cowboys,

BTW I am not crying about recent history, it was 5Rings and I that were the two Dallas fans to actually come back to your forum after that spanking last Sunday. I was also one of the first Dallas fans to come back in here and congratulate you on a dominant and well earned win.

It just tweaked my nose when after a season sweep, and a dominating win on your home field that it did not seem to be enough for some in this forum that they had to dig in for more and accuse Roy Williams of being a "dirty tackler" in the same game where a Redskin LB laid a late hit after the whistle on Witten and injured him. If you want to accuse me of crying about something, well that is the reason.
sandtrapjack man I also came back from the lose and gave them their props for the win and accepted that we we´re manhandle in every way
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:20 AM   #94
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
You again!?!? Being that you are from "arkansas", where ever in the hell that is, dont you have something to go and do with your sister?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:02 AM   #95
Luxorreb
^21^

Williams is lucky to have name recognition at this point in his career. All I know is the Redskins, Santana Moss, Mark Brunell and Chris Cooley have all made him look worse than Ohlahete. Williams is overrated and continues to jeopardize peoples careers with a violent and techniqueless 'collar' tackle (if we and the officials ain't gonna call it horse collar). I can only hope the cards fall that we can play Dallas at Fed Ex in a NFC championship game. Cause we'll own 'em again! 3 times in a season!!!! What a joy that'd be huh?

Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #96
dmek25
MVP

sand i apoligize.with your age and knowledge you have earned the right to speak,unlike some band wagon jumpers.on the lat hit issue,if the whistle blew(which i dont think it did)it was a late hit,end of conversation.on roy williams,i dont call him dirty,just aggressive(like my own sean taylor)one thing i do call him is over rated,no way he should be in the pro bowl.not watching the cowboys alot ,i went to some of my cowboy friends and ask them if they thought he should go,and ALL of them said he has not had a good year.the one thing that sticks in your crawl is the same that used to be in mine,losing to the hated arch rivals.but,dont worry,theres always next year.go skins
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #97
MTK
\m/

I can't believe we're still debating this.

Fact is it's game over for the rivalry for this season and it's Skins 2 Crybabies 0.

That's all we need to know.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #98
skindogger47
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
I saw a segment with Mike Pereira (NFL's head of officiating), and he explained the rule.

Two things have to happen for a flag to be thrown.
* the defender gets his hand inside of the pads
* the defender immediately yanks the offensive player down

That tackle on Portis literally happened right in front of me and I was screaming and yelling for a flag to be thrown, but the way the rule reads, it was the correct call, I'm affraid.
That guy lives a lie. Every week he has to squirm out of admitting a bad call, often by saying that he disagrees with the rule. It is absolutely ridiculous that this is all the scrutiny the referees have to face--a guy who isn't even a ref taking the heat for the bad calls. It seems that every rule in the NFL has a loophole and can be interpreted in a way to make the refs unaccountable. Like "the defender immediately yanks the offensive player down." So, if he holds on for 2 seconds, then pulls down and breaks a guy's leg, it's okay then? I hate the sorry state of officiating in today's NFL, and can't bring myself to watch that snake try to explain all of the **** ups that cost millions of dollars to owners, players, and gamblers on a weekly basis. Might as well be watching boxing. If the Champ don't get knocked out, the Champ wins the decision.
skindogger47 is offline   Reply With Quote