Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2005, 08:21 AM   #16
12thMan
MVP

Re: Defensive line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
12th man if you dont do your THING ill come a lookin for ya
No let downs here I'm going to be in full effect on Saturday, dude!!
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #17
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw
The problem is, Tiki very rarely hurts the Skins by running up the gut. Where he kills them is on the edge plays. Hopefully, they're game planning to keep him contained.
I would agree - the one thing we have going for us is that both of their starting tackles are injured and listed as Questionable, which might making running to the outside more difficult. The Giants depth chart only has one backup tackle listed (and he's only started 1 game this season), so if both T are out for the game I'd imagine they'll be doing some serious shuffling or signing guys from the practice squad or something.

Two replacement tackles would make for some pretty vulnerable ends there. Hopefully another big day for Phillip Daniels!

Giants Depth Chart
Old 12-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #18
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstandTen
We held Tiki to 88yards on 33carries combined for both meetings last year. So GW knows how to game plan for him.
And Tiki ran for 206 yards on us last time, so clearly they know how to gameplan for GW.

Not trying to be pessimistic, hell I'm as excited as anyone could possibly be for this game - I just think Tiki is awfully hard to contain this year.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #19
jbcjr14
The Starter

I think the Giants are going to come out throwing the ball. It is very clear that we are going to try and stop the run. I could see some reverse, flea flicking action from the GMen of our key on the run. Hopefully we can contain and run the ball ourselves. This game will be a dogfight for 4 quarters. I will be in an airplane just dying to know what is happening.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #20
FRPLG
MVP

We have to over-compensate for Tiki. Be ready to sell out on him and make the sophomore QB beat us. I think Manning can be good but he has shown some downside lately and we have to hope he continues that this weekend. A nice kill shot from Taylor on Barber early on like #53's hit on Witten would be nice. Nothing serious just enough to get their backup playing the first half.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #21
Defensewins
Playmaker

I missed the last Giants game, but from what I have read Tiki had great success running to the weak side of the formation. They ran away from the the TE and LB Washington one of our strongest LB's.
I read that Warrick Holdman was run over, he had a terrible day. Some of our other LB's failed to show up.
I think Lavar is going to have to be inserted as the weakside LB on 1st down and obvious running situations. It is time for Lavar to earn his money and stuff Tiki in the backfield.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote