Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #29
wheeler
Special Teams

Re: Randy Thomas' Ankle Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJansen76
I'm glad guys on this site are paying attention to this injury...it really put a damper on the first game I'd attended since '98. As others have said, Thomas was the best pulling guard we have and maybe the best O-Lineman at least this year. If anyone thinks that offensive linemen don't matter just remember back to the 1999 playoffs when we played Tampa Bay. Andy Heck was hurt and couldn't go at LT and his replacement (whose name escapes me at the moment) was absolutely manhandled all night long. Brad Johnson couldn't get any time to go down field and I am still convinced that if Heck was healthy we would have played St. Louis in the NFC Championship. Everyone remembers Dan Turk's bad snap, but on the play before that Johnson was sacked by the DE going against our LT. That made for a longer kick and maybe more pressure on the snap. Luckily Ray Brown is a better back up then whoever replaced Andy, but I don't think he moves nearly as well as Thomas. Huge game against the Giants next week, though, and hopefully Ray Brown can step up once again...Skins control their own destiny...you can't ask for much more than that (except maybe wins against the Raiders, Chargers, and Bucs...how great would that have been...should have won all three of those...oh well).
wow there is someone haunted more than i am in that tampa bay loss , i try to remember we won a playoff game that year too.........goddamn broken leg i hope ray's expierence will help i mean 20 years and still around BRING ON THE GIANTS
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote