Is Dan Synder doing a good job?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #16
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Dan Synder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Umm it is pretty common knowledge that Danny Boys boyhood goal was to own the redskins. He was a huge fan before he bought the team. Where did you get the idea he didn't even follow it?
Ok, well it was something I think I heard when we switched owners. Well I have a terrible memory, plus I am getting facts from the media, my bad.
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2005, 02:44 PM   #17
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins
I think we are already in cap hell in the next couple of years. But I do not think he is a huge fan, because when he got the team, I remember that he knew little about football and did not follow it. Either way, the money he has, plus hopfully a new gained patience will help.
All the experts have said cap hell was inevitable for a while now. Hasn't happened.

Also, Snyder was and is a huge Skins fan. The quote about not following football, is flat out false.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:46 PM   #18
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Is Dan Synder doing a good job?

Yes I know now, that was a mistake on my part. Dan is a huge fan, my mistake sorry!
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #19
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Is Dan Snyder a good owner??

Is a frog's ass watertight?
Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?
Does a bear crap in the woods?
Does a fat baby fart?
Does the pope wear a funny hat?
Does Lenny P. like pasta?
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #20
dmek25
MVP

snyders only mistake is making football decisions without getting input from football people.if there wasnt a cap,dan snyder would buy whatever the skins needed to succeed.he is one of us,a true fan who wants nothing but the best for the skins.i just hope he is paying attention now so when coach gibbs retires for good he knows what it takes in this league to win
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #21
offiss

Snyder is living out his childhood dream and that's to own the Redskins, good luck finding a bigger fan of the team, with Snyder you will alway's have an owner who will do whatever he can to win, he may not alway's get it right, but he will always try.

As far as the job he is doing right now, well he did exactly what you have to do, he hired Gibbs and got out of his way, it's the only way this current situation will work, do I agree with all of Gibbs personel moves? NO! But it is how it has to be, if you have a problem with the GM duties on this team you have to look to Gibbs on that one, Danny has entrusted all aspects of player personel to Gibbs, he has final say on all. For DS to hire a GM to go over the top of Gibbs would cause real descention within the organazation.

I personally am very glad Snyder owns the team, he will continue to get better as an owner as time goes on.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:07 PM   #22
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
snyders only mistake is making football decisions without getting input from football people.if there wasnt a cap,dan snyder would buy whatever the skins needed to succeed.he is one of us,a true fan who wants nothing but the best for the skins.i just hope he is paying attention now so when coach gibbs retires for good he knows what it takes in this league to win
So true, if you want to know how bad Snyder wants to win just go back and look of that clip of him jumping up and down like a kid who just got his first bike when moss scored his second TD in the first Dallas game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:01 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did anyone catch the Joe Gibbs Show on Sportstalk 980 on Monday night? Gibbs was talking about how much Snyder does for the team and he said something like "Just last night he made a decision that I know is going to cost him a lot of money but it's good for the team, but I can't get into what it is right now"

Any thoughts as to what that might have been?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #24
HTTR
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
hooskins:

Hopefully, that will make Danny Boy assume the role that he should take with the Skins - and the one all of us ought to pray that he takes with the Skins - as the owner who shows up on Sunday to hold court in his box with a bunch of celebrities/politicos who are his guests and who are therefore beholding to him.

If he never shows up at a scouting meeting or in the draft room or fires up Redskins' One for a free agent buzz without Joe Gibbs filing the flight plan, we'll all be far better off.
AMEN! Sign the checks, hand out the cigars, and cop a feel from the Redskins Cheerleaders every once in a while.
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #25
skins052bgr8
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
Did anyone catch the Joe Gibbs Show on Sportstalk 980 on Monday night? Gibbs was talking about how much Snyder does for the team and he said something like "Just last night he made a decision that I know is going to cost him a lot of money but it's good for the team, but I can't get into what it is right now"

Any thoughts as to what that might have been?
He is wrapping up a deal that will keep this coaching staff intact for many years and to turn the reigns over to Gregg Williams. Just a guess, but much of the impressions of how bad of an owner Daniel Snyder is has been portrayed in the media, the same asses who predicted us to finish last this year, the same to say the game had passed Gibbs by, same that said Moss is injury prone and we just got screwed with the Moss trade, do I need to go on. Snyder has become very patient and it began before Gibbs got here and only improved greater when Gibbs did get here. He went out and got players that the coaches wanted it is not his fault that Spurrier can recruit the hell out of College players and can throw it around on lesser college teams, but when you go to build a team with Trung Candidate as your # 1 back and can't game plan for anyone, it seems to make even the good talent you have on your team look like shit when you are just out coached on Sunday's. Snyder is one hell of a business man and though he was a fan, good business people suceed and surround themselves with good people which he has done with Gibbs and his staff.
skins052bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:28 AM   #26
Master4Caster
Special Teams

He's doing better just by letting football people make the on field decisions. I assume that since he's kept himself out of the news lately, that's also a good thing. Now all he has to do is put his picture and profile in the back of GAMEDAY, the game programs sold at FedEx. I go to the games to see Joe Gibbs and the players, yet Snyder is the first face you see when you open the book! :frusty:
Master4Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 AM   #27
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

If there is some question about D being a HUGE fan. Did not everyone see him after the second Moss TD in the first Dallas game? I thought he was coming out of the owners box. It was cool! I can forgive him much, as with all the stuff he does, it is ALL aimed toward winning (at least in his mind). He also did the most intelligent thing imaginable toward that goal. He hired Joe! Think about how YOU felt when you heard the news???????????? Priceless
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #28
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25

Well, that only mistake happens to be the most important and biggest mistake that can be made when trying to build a winning team! and, Danny has tried to buy what he thought the skins needed is the past, and that has gotten us a remarkable best season record of 8-8. I do agree he has a passion for his team, as all of us do. However, he can not let is passion for the team cloud his decision regarding football related issues. He is a marketing genious, as we all know. But he was nothing more than a fan when he bought this team. He has as much qualification and pedigree to make the decisions as you and I do. He has not surrounded himself with people of great football knowledge and hopefully soon will. He is having the benefit of watching his boyhood idol in Gibbs standing on the sideline, thats why he is out of the picture right now. Hopefully this is a good learning experience for the next coach that comes in, to just sign the checks, and leave all the "football stuff" to the coach and hopefully the GM , and player scout.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #29
MTK
\m/

Since hiring Gibbs Snyder gets an A+, #1 for hiring a legend who knows a thing or two about building a winner and #2 for staying out of the way.

Prior to that, he definitely made his share of mistakes, but then again what first time owner wouldn't?

He takes a lot of heat and I think he almost likes it that way. If Gibbs 2.0 turns out to be a failure, people will undoubtedly say Snyder had something to do with it. If Gibbs 2.0 is a success, people will praise Gibbs' ability to win in spite of Snyder. It's a win/win for Gibbs.