Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Final Cuts Looming - any surprises on the horizon

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #46
budw38
Playmaker

Re: Final Cuts Looming - any surprises on the horizon

I thought Amerson has looked pretty good . He is a rookie ( left college early ) , and has not had consistent play at the S position . If we can keep getting pressure on the qb , and have some stability at S , I think we will be ok . Of course having an all-pro at S would help .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #47
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Who's better than Wilson? Hall? At times. At times, he is much worse than Wilson. Biggers? Okay, not seeing it, but, if not Wilson or Hall, he is next man up. Minnifield? Can we see him a regular season game first.

I mean, Wilson is an average corner. Unfortunately, an average corner is probably our best bet.
Biggers has me worried. What I've seen have either been poor or wtf? plays.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #48
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Who's better than Wilson? Hall? At times. At times, he is much worse than Wilson. Biggers? Okay, not seeing it, but, if not Wilson or Hall, he is next man up. Minnifield? Can we see him a regular season game first.

I mean, Wilson is an average corner. Unfortunately, an average corner is probably our best bet.
I trust Hall in man coverage more than I do Wilson. I'd trust Wilson more on the dime receiver, as I don't think he has the speed to keep up with a slot guy. But on #1s and #2s, he makes me nervous. Dude is real iffy 1 on 1. Just my opinion.

Wilson seems to do better in zone.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Well poop, I was really feeling good about our team, now you guys have me seeing Desean and Cruz and Bryant just running up and down the field uncovered.

Next you'll be saying that we will only average 20 points a game on offense.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #50
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Well poop, I was really feeling good about our team, now you guys have me seeing Desean and Cruz and Bryant just running up and down the field uncovered.

Next you'll be saying that we will only average 20 points a game on offense.
lol I hope it won't be that bad. Our front 4 seems to put on enough pressure on the QB that it should take some heat off of our secondary.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #51
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

So I'd imagine we'll start cutting people tomorrow, even though Tuesday is the final day.

I don't expect any surprises. One player I'm curious about is Nick Barnett. I saw him in one play last game. It also made me think about Quan Sturdivant. I'd like to see him get some playing time because I remember he had some big potential coming out of college.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #52
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I'm not worried about our CB's, the addition of Biggers, Amerson and Minnifield make them much better. I feel Minniefield will surprise everyone, Amerson will get better as the season progresses.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #53
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I am not sure why people keep saying how bad LeRibeus is playing. I watched every play the last two games and thought he has done well. What plays are we talking about, because I heard all the Leribeus bashing here and went and looked at the games and could not see the terrible play. I don't think he gets cut. I don't think Wilson gets cut either, especially with Crawford.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #54
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushead View Post
Where are you getting the idea that Amerson didn't play well? He had the one long pass where in did pass interference and a penalty, but i saw a lot of athletic ability and wonderful closing ability on Wide Receivers. He seems to really want to come up and lay a hit.

I thought Wilson was on the bubble with Crawford, but he stays now. This Pat White stuff needs to stop. Hankerson has too much upside to cut him and keep Stallworth instead.
I agree with every point you make. Good post.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wtf? How can people not be excited about the play of amerson and chase minny? If both guys stay healthy they will show the talent and the physicality to be starters next year. The cornerback position is not a weakness on this team. More worried about safety and ilb depth on the d.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #56
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wtf? How can people not be excited about the play of amerson and chase minny? If both guys stay healthy they will show the talent and the physicality to be starters next year. The cornerback position is not a weakness on this team. More worried about safety and ilb depth on the d.
Tanard Jackson is the wild card at S, something tells me he will be on the roster after he gets reinstated. Merriweather, Jackson, Doughty and Rambo doesn't sound bad. Jackson could be very valuable in the second half of the season.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
Green Monk Machine

Amerson definetly is playing like an average rookie, not horrible, but yes bad but shows potential in time.
Wilson bashing I don't support. Not a flashy guy but moderately dependable and still needed. He is in the final yer of contract and shouldn't be resign.
Biggers hasn't shown why we thought he would be a gem, but perhaps can hit his stride during the season.
Some of you guys crack me up in good ways, have good POV's, others are overlooking that the run defense should still be solid w/ an increase pass rush, and even everything said the secondary may look similar but we have to hope Merriweather returns and the big plays don't happen. Which I think we will limit.
For the LeRibeus supporters or disbelievers he hasnt performed in preseason...Really? Really!!
I like our TE situation. Fred is back. We will bring Reed along but yeah Paul may not be who we need other than on special teams. Paulsen will pick up slack.

Lastl, This team has not been the most talented in the NFCE this millennium, but they have a good locker room and I think they play their asses off.
HTTR
Green Monk Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #58
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So I'd imagine we'll start cutting people tomorrow, even though Tuesday is the final day.

I don't expect any surprises. One player I'm curious about is Nick Barnett. I saw him in one play last game. It also made me think about Quan Sturdivant. I'd like to see him get some playing time because I remember he had some big potential coming out of college.
Unless Barnett just isn't healthy he's got a spot. It's crazy thin behind 59 and he was brought in to back London up.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote