Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #391
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread wk 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Anyone at camp today? If so, pm me or CRR. We are here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Going tomorrow, any tips?

Did they require the print out passes to get into training camp? I'm headed to DC tomorrow for the week, and was going to drop in Monday morning for the 10am session.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Advertisements
Old 08-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #392
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Did they require the print out passes to get into training camp? I'm headed to DC tomorrow for the week, and was going to drop in Monday morning for the 10am session.
No they didn't check passes on Friday, and we got there about 930 and had a good location
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #393
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I've read that he's been beaten like a drum by Moss constantly in camp, but then again, Moss is a great slot WR.

Haven't heard much else though about him against the rest of our WR's.
Was this in one on ones, or team drills?

Very few corners will consistently look good in one on ones. Mainly its the true shut down corners who are going to succeed there. Im more worried about hearing Josh Wilson getting burned so much during team drills, where he will draw safety help at times. Sounds like its a possibility that he will lose a starting spot to Amerson, and maybe even a roster spot to Minnifield if he doesnt pick it up. Its good to hear the young ones pushing the veterans.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #394
That Guy
Living Legend

minnifield's knees are as bad as wilson's shoulder. i wouldn't place bets on either one one way or the other right now.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #395
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzman View Post
Was this in one on ones, or team drills?

Very few corners will consistently look good in one on ones. Mainly its the true shut down corners who are going to succeed there. Im more worried about hearing Josh Wilson getting burned so much during team drills, where he will draw safety help at times. Sounds like its a possibility that he will lose a starting spot to Amerson, and maybe even a roster spot to Minnifield if he doesnt pick it up. Its good to hear the young ones pushing the veterans.
I would put 0 stock in Wilson getting beat in a training camp practice.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #396
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I've read that he's been beaten like a drum by Moss constantly in camp, but then again, Moss is a great slot WR.

Haven't heard much else though about him against the rest of our WR's.
My understanding of Biggers was he was a guy who would move outside in our nickel package while Hall would slide to the slot.

So with that understanding moving him to the slot in camp for practice and being beaten by a very good slot WR is good practice for him and at the very least means the coaching staff knows he is a last resort at the slot position.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #397
Skinzman
The Starter

Redskins' Fletcher an ageless warrior

From a site up in Philly, but its a pretty good article about London Fletcher.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #398
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I would put 0 stock in Wilson getting beat in a training camp practice.
Once or twice, sure. But from a lot of what im reading, it seems to be happening way to much. Maybe he is still behind due to his shoulder surgery, but its still not what you want to hear. Wilsons strength is positioning, knowing how to use safety help to his advantage. So I didnt rage last year since our safeties play was pretty bad. But we cant go through another year of what we had last year.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #399
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
You think we trade him? I could see San Fran giving us a pick for him since it seems they're trying to get as many CBs as possible.
Trade? Maybe, I don't know. Some knowledgeable people would tell you he may not even make the roster. I think he saved himself by taking a pay cut. However, if Chase is healthy and Crawford shows progress then they may part ways with JW. I don't believe there is any intention of keeping him past this year anyway.

Right now, he's penciled in as the starter and then sliding over to the slot position in nickel formations with Amerson taking his spot on the outside. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Amerson starts right away.

As is stands right now Wilson and Hall are your outside corners with Amerson, Crawford, and Minnifield backing them up. And Wilson and Biggers are the slot corners.

If Wilson goes that would leave just Biggers to play the slot. I suppose Hall could too
Old 08-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #400
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

And they also signed Mouton, who can play slot
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #401
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Y! SPORTS

WASHINGTON
Robert Griffin III (knee) continues to progress according to plan. He’s sustained no setbacks whatsoever after gradually increasing his reps each day and moving from 7-on-7 to 11-on-11. He’s not expected to play in any preseason games, but it will be a surprise if he’s not under center when the Redskins face the Eagles in Week 1. … Roy Helu is finally healthy after dealing with heel and toe issues for the better part of two years. Predictably, he’s running circles around Evan Royster and is on track to handle third-down duties and be Alfred Morris’ backup. … Fred Davis is reportedly looking explosive and speedy just nine months after his Achilles’ rupture. He should be creeping up draft boards. … Speaking of health, Pierre Garcon (toe, shoulder) has been able to sustain it so far. If he continues to feel good, he’ll far exceed his fifth-round ADP. … Garcon’s backup, Aldrick Robinson, has been one of camp’s standouts. Leonard Hankerson is scuffling
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #402
MTK
\m/

fresh thread time