Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #91
Skinzman
The Starter

Re: Best Head Coaches Currently In The NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Now if you were Hank Aaron and you had some juiced up clown breaking your all time record, how would you feel? Hank was a small guy who wasn't juiced up, he did it the right way.
I would expect any of the all time greats from the 50's and 60's (or earlier) to be upset. They have every reason to be. But their hate shouldnt stop at only the players who got caught. It should be directed at the players, owners, fans, media etc. All of which were complicit in this.

On the other hand. Where is the outrage for someone who went from 10 homeruns a year to 20-25 a year due to steroids? Is the standard one of "Do the juice, make your millions, just stop short of breaking records"? How many players were named in the Mitchell report? How many do we actually care about?

If Belicheck never won a SB, would many of us care that he was stealing signs? I personally doubt it.
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #92
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I doubt an asterisk stuff will ever happen, but Belichick will always be remembered/associated by anyone outside of Boston with Spygate.

See, I just don't think so. Players love him and the spy gate thing is just something haters throw out there. If the taping of other teams help that much he would have had a much better record in Cleveland, was it right maybe not but all teams do something like it . I have a question what is the difference with that and picking up a released player and hitting them up for info on an opponent and then letting him go?
Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #93
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I doubt an asterisk stuff will ever happen, but Belichick will always be remembered/associated by anyone outside of Boston with Spygate.
Agreed. Especially until he wins a SB after Spygate.

I believe lots of stuff like spygate happens in the NFL. I don't see the problem with taping visible signals on the sidelines during a game, I assume everybody watches that. It's stuff like taping other teams practices, listening in their radios during a game, Lavar Arrington giving the redskins playbook to the vagiants, that's bad, IMO.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote