Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

DeAngelo Hall Salary Cap Comments

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: DeAngelo Hall Salary Cap Comments

D Hall is an enigma to me. I dont like how he seems to allow alot of catches, I hate his antics after the whistle but .. ive always loved his team love. The man loves his team, loves his teammates.

I also love the fact he is getting paid what he is worth now.

That said, do his comments suggest some violation of any collective bargaining agreement/salary cap rules . . . the part where he said it was the plan all long for him to be cut by the skins then re-sign for less?

I suppose "no harm, no foul" since he didnt reject a better offer from another team.

Advertisements
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
That Guy
Living Legend

he got cut and took the best offer.

the nflpa got pissed off over the lavar thing because he gave back guaranteed money that was already in his bank account, and that's a scary precedent for them.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #18
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Hall is a smart dude. Always has been.

He did end up going for the best offer out there. His people threw a report out there the day of free agency that the Lions would be signing him to create a market for him, but there was no market. The Redskins got him at the price they were willing to pay for him.

The tricky thing with Hall is that he was a known liability in coverage, despite having impressive physical tools. As he moves into his thirties now, I'm not sure the Redskins can take his athleticism for granted.

I think Hall is going to reinvent himself starting this season. I think he knows he's on the fringe of being out of the league and would expect to see a guy being a lot more physical with receivers than he has been in the past.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Hall is a smart dude. Always has been.

He did end up going for the best offer out there. His people threw a report out there the day of free agency that the Lions would be signing him to create a market for him, but there was no market. The Redskins got him at the price they were willing to pay for him.

The tricky thing with Hall is that he was a known liability in coverage, despite having impressive physical tools. As he moves into his thirties now, I'm not sure the Redskins can take his athleticism for granted.

I think Hall is going to reinvent himself starting this season. I think he knows he's on the fringe of being out of the league and would expect to see a guy being a lot more physical with receivers than he has been in the past.
Improved FS play (fingers crossed) could allow Hall to be at his best too. I could see 2013 being his best season with us.

I like Hall's grit. Very glad he's staying in DC