Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Tony Romo throws a hissy fit.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Tony Romo throws a hissy fit.

Better hurry up old man, your window is closing.
Theres always the PGA......

Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys quarterback, walks out on media session when asked to respond to comments by team owner Jerry Jones - NYPOST.com

Even the locals are wary of how things are dragging on.

Tony Romo's Career Outlook: Has the QB Peaked? | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Advertisements
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Tony Romo throws a hissy fit.

Nobody cares Romo's feelings are hurt.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Evilgrin
The Starter

I'd probably throw a hissy fit too, if i had to stand behind that offensive line, and then take the heat from Jerrah.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

He's just a Romosexual!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
53Fan
Franchise Player

Romo can't handle the truth. He's had one playoff win his whole career. I suspect his time with the cowgirls will not be remembered fondly.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
44 goes 50 gut

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere else and have more success, all the guy has ever done is be way better than anyone has any right to expect.

The national media frenzy over his playoff record is fun to watch because its the cowboys misery, and cowboys misery is always enjoyable... But seriously pinning that teams playoff woes on one guy is laughable no matter what team or what QB we're talking about. It's a team game, the guys playoff stats aren't particularly impressive but they also aren't particularly bad either. What have been bad however is Dallas' run game (or complete lack of one) and their O line, along with their entire secondary.

Personally I also think that in the internet age the media has become down right vicious and predatory. So while Romo is a very unsympathetic dude (he's a massive douche), I can't blame him for going off on them, always the leading questions, always the unstated assumptions and the narrative of "Tony why do you choke so much in the playoffs, talk to us about why you suck so much?".

Basically we've got a situation where every major players press conference is either a love fest of mostly undeserved fawning or a judgement panel where everyone including the viewers knows exactly what trap the question is trying the lead to the player into, but everyone pretends it's not an rude/leading/demeaning thing to ask someone.

What I DON"T understand is why no one ever asks Jerrah (in the same leading/provocative way) why he thinks he's qualified to make football personnel moves, when it's clear from history that Jimmah built his good teams.
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

To me, Romo always, no matter what, will be remembered for this play the rest of his career

Old 09-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 goes 50 gut View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere else and have more success, all the guy has ever done is be way better than anyone has any right to expect.

The national media frenzy over his playoff record is fun to watch because its the cowboys misery, and cowboys misery is always enjoyable... But seriously pinning that teams playoff woes on one guy is laughable no matter what team or what QB we're talking about. It's a team game, the guys playoff stats aren't particularly impressive but they also aren't particularly bad either. What have been bad however is Dallas' run game (or complete lack of one) and their O line, along with their entire secondary.

Personally I also think that in the internet age the media has become down right vicious and predatory. So while Romo is a very unsympathetic dude (he's a massive douche), I can't blame him for going off on them, always the leading questions, always the unstated assumptions and the narrative of "Tony why do you choke so much in the playoffs, talk to us about why you suck so much?".

Basically we've got a situation where every major players press conference is either a love fest of mostly undeserved fawning or a judgement panel where everyone including the viewers knows exactly what trap the question is trying the lead to the player into, but everyone pretends it's not an rude/leading/demeaning thing to ask someone.

What I DON"T understand is why no one ever asks Jerrah (in the same leading/provocative way) why he thinks he's qualified to make football personnel moves, when it's clear from history that Jimmah built his good teams.
unfortunately, its part of the job. if he cant handle it, he should just quit, leave, or etc. Tony is well paid, so he should probably just be a professional.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
53Fan
Franchise Player

You're probably right CB59. Far from the only game he's lost from mistakes or bad decisions but definitely the funniest. :cool-smil
Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Please get rid of Tony Romo Dallas. Go ahead try and find another QB that can regularly throw for over 4,000 yards and 25+ TD's because you know they grow on trees.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Redskins will get a divisional title before Dallas.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
HailGreen28
Playmaker

In my opinion, BFD. So Romo walked out on some obnoxious NY reporters. Call me when he punches one of them.

'Course I love Romo being a scapegoat for the Cowpies woes, instead of Jerry.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #13
44 goes 50 gut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
unfortunately, its part of the job. if he cant handle it, he should just quit, leave, or etc. Tony is well paid, so he should probably just be a professional.
Actually he should do exactly what he did, and just terminate the interview/questions the moment one of those guys decides to try and goad him into saying something either juicy or that can then be quoted out of context.

Look we're all Skins fans and thus make fun of the guy, and he's a douche on top of being the Cowboys QB but what he did was hardly a hissy fit, and was probably something he should do EVERY time the media leads in with one of those obvious "say something that you have to apologize later for" questions they are asking.

It's not actually part of the job, no where in his contract does it state he has to answer questions that are deliberately intended to be disrespectful and provoking. The only thing he's obligated to do with make him self available, if the questions are retarded he's within his rights to just brush them off until a reasonable level of professionalism and courtesy can be displayed by the media.

To quote a Washington area sports star:

"That's a clown question bro"
44 goes 50 gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
Smooter
Impact Rookie

Did you even watch the video? Hardly seems like a hissy fit. Everyone's laughing and he's smiling at the end.

NFL Videos: Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo avoids Jerry Jones question
Old 09-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

This going to sound controversial, but if the cowboys miss the playoffs I could see them trying to trade for the 2013 #1 overall pick and going for Barkley. They could offer Romo, Bryant and Ware and try to go from there.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote