Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Wizards/NBA Offseason

Other Sports

Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wizards/NBA Offseason

Insane all the Point Guard moves over the last couple days. I think Kyle Lowery to Toronto is the sleeper, best move of them. I love the Nash move, but he is going to have to adjust his game a lil...playing with Kobe is not easy. Really surprised NY is didnt match the Rockets offer. J Kidd doesnt have much left for the NY, but thats the Knicks.

I think the Wiz are set, just need that amnesty move to get rid of Blatche. I think a Vet combo guard maybe needed...Mo Williams was my choice, J Terry woulda never come here and Boston got him for cheap imo. Vet is needed somewhere in the back court.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Wizards/NBA Offseason

Damn, forgot to mention the biggest PG move that didnt happen, Deron Williams staying in Brooklyn. Huge for them.

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

What Rockets offer are you talking about that the Knicks didn't match? Lin? Thought that wasn't decided yet

Lakers-Great move getting Nash. It's a win now situation though and I wonder if Mike Brown is the right guy for that. The window is closing for both Nash and Kobe and they know it. Will be interesting to see if they add Grant Hill as well. I'm torn on whether they should move Bynum for Howard. Bynum is a superior offensive player, but they could use the defense Howard would bring. If I'm Orlando though why would I want to trade for Bynum when (I believe) he's on the market at the end of next season.

Suns-The four draft picks they got include two (at best) late first rounders. But they got something at least. Smart move though getting Dragic back. But he's not a starter in this league, in my opinion. I don't get the Beasley move really. Everyone says "wait till he gets it" Well, how long are people going to wait?

Nets-Deron Williams and Joe Johnson is as good a backcourt as any in the East

Raptors-I like Lowry, but don't know enough about the team otherwise

Knicks-So right now their point guards are Jason Kidd and Baron Davis? They need Lin back, he's not great but he's young and create on the offense. Kidd is a shell of his former self. I don't like that move for the Knicks really. Mavs are probably upset they lost Terry and Kidd and missed out on Deron, but they may end up being better off

Wolves-Very mixed feelings on the Brandon Roy move. Is he healthy is the biggest question. Second is how will that offense work with Roy, Rubio, Ridnour. I don't see it being very fluid
Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yeah the Lin deal is not done, I didnt think NY was going to match if backloaded, which it is. Knicks could still make it work. I really hate what the Knicks have become, but I do like the nickname NY has given to Carmelo... Marsh Melo cause he is soft and fat.

I would easily move Bynum, too inconsistent for me...rarely see 100% from him. I would say Bynum attitude is an issue, but replacing him with a schizophrenic Howard, its a wash.

Rockets stratgey is just bizarre. Lowery was a monster last year before he got sick.

Does Blatche get let go at some point? I hope so

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Report: Nick Young reaches deal with Philadelphia 76ers | SI Tracking Blog – Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

philly not a spot I thought he end up

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Damn, forgot to mention the biggest PG move that didnt happen, Deron Williams staying in Brooklyn. Huge for them.
Deron and Dwight will make the Nets the top team in the East.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Deron and Dwight will make the Nets the top team in the East.
Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

They have no cap room for Dwight. I always thought Dan Snyder was a idiot for overpaying people, but he can't hold a candle to NBA owners when it comes to overpaying for talent.

Deron Williams doesn't deserve a max contract. They'll be dying to dump that salary in a couple years. Joe Johnson should be charged with robbery for netting that contract from the Hawks. There are but a handful of guys who's talent should command a max contract and it's none of these guys.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

as a sixer fan, what do i need to know about Young?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
as a sixer fan, what do i need to know about Young?
he will give you zero on the defensive end. Its like 4 on 5 in the half court defensive set. He doesnt like to pass, if the ball is in rotation and comes to him, he will shoot it

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Nick Young, that's a guy I won't miss. Jesus man, guy would just shoot shoot shoot. Granted, once and awhile he'd heat up and drop 30-40, too bad that only would happen once a month if you were lucky.

Reminds me a lot of Stoglin who played for the Terps (if you know who he is), only difference in Stoglin would make the majority of his shots taken.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

They have no cap room for Dwight. I always thought Dan Snyder was a idiot for overpaying people, but he can't hold a candle to NBA owners when it comes to overpaying for talent.

Deron Williams doesn't deserve a max contract. They'll be dying to dump that salary in a couple years. Joe Johnson should be charged with robbery for netting that contract from the Hawks. There are but a handful of guys who's talent should command a max contract and it's none of these guys.
I agree the Nets are going to have cap issues, but with their multi-billionaire owner, they may be one of the few teams willing to pay the increased luxury taxes under the new system.

They don't have great pieces to offer the Magic in return for Dwight, but with the three players they now have (Williams, Johnson, Wallace), getting Dwight would make them an instant championship contender. Johnson and Williams aren't the very best players at their positions, but they aren't far off. Overpaid, but they'll produce for you.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Deron - 20 mil/yr
Joe J. - 21 mil/yr

I think Deron deserves max... he's a top 3 PG, imo.

The Johnson contract is horrible, but I don't think the Nets keep Williams if they don't make that move (and the Howard trade wasn't a sure thing... especially with the Magic holding the cards). Williams, Wallace and Johnson were needed to bring legitimacy to the team when they move.

And this owner probably isn't scared of the luxury tax.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What Rockets offer are you talking about that the Knicks didn't match? Lin? Thought that wasn't decided yet

Lakers-Great move getting Nash. It's a win now situation though and I wonder if Mike Brown is the right guy for that. The window is closing for both Nash and Kobe and they know it. Will be interesting to see if they add Grant Hill as well. I'm torn on whether they should move Bynum for Howard. Bynum is a superior offensive player, but they could use the defense Howard would bring. If I'm Orlando though why would I want to trade for Bynum when (I believe) he's on the market at the end of next season.

Suns-The four draft picks they got include two (at best) late first rounders. But they got something at least. Smart move though getting Dragic back. But he's not a starter in this league, in my opinion. I don't get the Beasley move really. Everyone says "wait till he gets it" Well, how long are people going to wait?

Nets-Deron Williams and Joe Johnson is as good a backcourt as any in the East

Raptors-I like Lowry, but don't know enough about the team otherwise

Knicks-So right now their point guards are Jason Kidd and Baron Davis? They need Lin back, he's not great but he's young and create on the offense. Kidd is a shell of his former self. I don't like that move for the Knicks really. Mavs are probably upset they lost Terry and Kidd and missed out on Deron, but they may end up being better off

Wolves-Very mixed feelings on the Brandon Roy move. Is he healthy is the biggest question. Second is how will that offense work with Roy, Rubio, Ridnour. I don't see it being very fluid
The key to the Raptors lies in Jonas Valanciunas. Is he deserving of the hype? If not, Raps are the same old Raps.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

2012 NBA free agency -- New York Knicks won't match Jeremy Lin's Houston Rockets offer sheet, sources say - ESPN New York

Wow. Text my sister's fiance who is a season ticket holder for the Knicks and he is so effing pissed. He gave me the old "im giving my tickets up" line, which he will never do. Nice shot by his teamate Carmelo calling Lin out on the "ridiculous" contract. Thats rich coming from Melo. The move for Felton is a bad one imo. Oh and there's this:

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York

Dude is out hitting telephone poles, god d*mn.

He Gets Us
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
2012 NBA free agency -- New York Knicks won't match Jeremy Lin's Houston Rockets offer sheet, sources say - ESPN New York

Wow. Text my sister's fiance who is a season ticket holder for the Knicks and he is so effing pissed. He gave me the old "im giving my tickets up" line, which he will never do. Nice shot by his teamate Carmelo calling Lin out on the "ridiculous" contract. Thats rich coming from Melo. The move for Felton is a bad one imo. Oh and there's this:

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York

Dude is out hitting telephone poles, god d*mn.
Morey totally trolled Dolan with that poison pill... Lin is going to put Houston on television and back on China's radar.

And in other news:

Lap dances for all Wiz fans!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote