D'BOYZ
The Starter

D'BOYZ week 2 picks

THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

WEEK 2 PICKS

By DonCanabis
CP Analyst/Godfather

What did I told you Guys I hate Week 1 I barely survived last week finishing with a 56% overall record but a dismissal 7-9 against the spread; the only bright spot 4 - 2 on my hot picks.

So we finally have a game that counts to base our opinions of the teams for future weeks; and doesnt seem that every team was dealt with a major injury last week? four qb's down twenty eight to go type of week WOW.

I asked Belichick for the video I told him that since I did so bad last week I needed the help more than him.... If I keep up this thing I might be taking suggestions out of Peter Kings weekly picks I hope I don't sink so low

on with the picks..

Indianapolis at Tennessee 7 Ovr/Und 46

This is becoming a real division rivalry last year both took one home but they were pretty close matches, if it the line were for more than seven points I would go with Tennessee, but there's a reason I won't Bob Sander's you guys saw how much difference he makes on that defense last week, he didn't play in both of last years games, if that defense made insignificant the duo of Bush/McCalister how do you think Brown/White will do.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind
Ovr/Und: Und

Green Bay at New York Giants -1 Ovr/Und 37.5

I tried to extend my deadline the most I could to see if we would had any more news about the Qb's this week but until now everything is uncertain. it don't matter Giant's will be without three starters thxs to the cowboys even if Eli plays he won't be 100% vs a good young and fast GB defense go with the away team.

Straight: GB
Spread: GB
Ovr/Und:OVR

Cincinnati at Cleveland 7 Ovr/Und 41.5

Cleveland is a complete mess that franchise is a joke, Cincinnati looked good against a tough Baltimore defense can't believe the line is so low.

Straight: Cin
Spread: Cin
Ovr/Und: Over

Houston at Carolina -6.5 Ovr/Und 37.5

Carolina looked like the team of two years ago finally showed some defense, I'm having trouble because I liked what both teams showed in the first week I'll go with the home team in a close match

Straight: Car
Spread: Hou
Ovr/Und: Ovr

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 3 Ovr/Und 42

Can I change my surprise team of 2007 after one week? poor Tampa does saints folks are coming home angry watch out.

Straight: NO
Spread: NO

Buffalo at Pittsburgh -9.5 Ovr/Und 38

What a tough week for Bills fans not only because of Everett life threatening injury but losing in the final seconds to a good team tough loss to swallow. Finally Roethlisberger played like his SB season now how much was him and how much was a bad Cleveland's team. I still don't trust J.P to beat a good team.

Straight: Pit
Spread: Pit
Ovr/Und:OVR

Atlanta at Jacksonville -10 Ovr/Und 34.5

I'm having trouble with the line of this game it just to high for a team that surrender 285 rushing yards the previous week and the offense only could come out with ten points.

Straight: Jax
Spread: Atl

San Fransisco at St Louis -3 Ovr/Und 44.5

Both teams disappoint me last week even if San Francisco won that game for a team with so much hype they just didn't show it, the rookie LB is a bright spot, but Smith looked like he went back to steps in his progress. I believe Stl didn't show their full potential last week and will take advantage this week.

Straight: Stl
Spread: Stl

Minnesota at Detroit -3 Ovr/Und 42.5

Minnesota can't depend each week of their defense scoring touchdowns to win games, Detroit is showing it's potential at offense only if their defense can play better this could be a team that could sneak in the playoffs

Straight: Det
Spread: Det

Seattle at Arizona 3 Ovr/Und 44

Seattle it's showing they're still the team to beat in the West. Leinart looked off on national Tv overthrowing wr but it looks like Arizona finally has a running game if they fix the little things they could become better later on

Straight: Sea
Spread: Sea

Dallas at Miami 3.5 Ovr/Und 40

Even if it was a close game against Was Miami showed what we thought good defense but zero offense they just don't have weapons, and Dallas did the same, showed their potential in offense but the same problems at defense and the loss of Ferguson could become a bigger problem this year but not this week.

Straight: Dallas
Spread: Dallas

Kansas City at Chicago -12 Ovr/Und 34.5
If you play fantasy this will be the week to play Rex Grossman remember last year some of his 3 td's performances with a bad Kansas team he should shine

Straight: CHI
Spread: CHI

New York Jets at Baltimore -11 Ovr/Und 33.5

If Pennington had trouble against New England defense wait until he sees Baltimore's both Qb's are expected to start but I didn't like what I saw of Baltimore's offense to justify the spread.

Straight: Bal
Spread: NYJ
Ovr/Und: Under

Oakland at Denver -9.5 Ovr/Und 39

Good moral win last week that should carry on to this Oakland looked better that I expected but won't match up against a good Denver defense

Straight: Den
Spread: Den

San Diego at New England -4 Ovr/Und 47

Goodell dropped the ball with his ruling and kept the notion that everyone has that New England receives special treatment, Belichick should been suspended that will show other teams how serious the league is.... Well a great game that has been tainted by all the reports will still see a great game but Brady will take the win.

Straight: NE
Spread: NE

Washington at Philadelphia -7 Ovr/Und 40
UPSET OF THE WEEK

McNabb looked slow, and not comfortable I think it was wishful thinking to believe he could be ready this early, Washington offense looked good specially the running game, but they had trouble getting in to the endzone they need to put the ball on their superstars Moss and Coley were almost a no show last week.

I can't believe I've picked you guys twice.... you should put a warning label at the home page "Hanging around here might affect your judgment" hahaha... naaah I just call it as I see it.

Straight: Was
Spread: Was

New Segment Hot Picks
for you that like to place some bets this are my hot picks against the spread this week
Green Bay
Cinncinati
New Orleans
Dallas
Seattle
Chicago

And if it turns out any other way, I'll deny I said this!
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

Re: D'BOYZ week 2 picks

I can't wait for Tuesday...hopefully we'll be heading for 3-0 and tops in the division...I think the Miami/Dallas game might go either way. The Dallas D was swiss cheese last week, and if Trent Green plays as good as he did against us, the Dolphins could put up some points. Has Romo ever won a road game? I think there was some talk about that last year wasn't there?
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Romo is 4 -1 on the road not including playoffs
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

yeah...I don't know what I was thinking...dumb comment by me hahah
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

don't jump the gun on Detroit.....they are the detroit lions
Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
don't jump the gun on Detroit.....they are the detroit lions
I agree Zimmer but I look at their schedule an they have another 8 or 9 very winnable games that's why I said they could sneak in... remember every year there's a team that come out of nowhere and on paper Detroit can compete even if they always flunk
Old 09-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #7
JDESKIN
Camp Scrub

Dallas is in for a RUDE awakening this week. Dallas D is weak and Miami will put some points on them. And Tony Romo is going to have a rude awakening against a tuff Miami D. Look for a good performance from R. Brown because they will run him often once they take the lead early on. Dallas will struggle all day on offence and T.O. will open his mouth after the game.
JDESKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #8
Monksdown
The Starter

Any given sunday. I am not sold on Miami's defense this year. And im not completely giving up on Dallas' D this year. We need two games to establish a trend.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
D'BOYZ
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDESKIN View Post
Dallas is in for a RUDE awakening this week. Dallas D is weak and Miami will put some points on them. And Tony Romo is going to have a rude awakening against a tough Miami D. Look for a good performance from R. Brown because they will run him often once they take the lead early on. Dallas will struggle all day on offence and T.O. will open his mouth after the game.
I don't think so, first Dallas showed they can score points they won't score 45 against Miami but they showed they can move the ball effectively and get TD's not fieldgoals.

Second I don't think Trent has or will ever recover from last year injury, once teams start getting in his face he will be making mistakes to save his life.

Third as good as Miami defense is you still put 400 yards on them and if it weren't for Campbell's int the game wouldn't be so close.

your hatred is getting the best of you
Old 09-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
JDESKIN
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
I don't think so, first Dallas showed they can score points they won't score 45 against Miami but they showed they can move the ball effectively and get TD's not fieldgoals.

Second I don't think Trent has or will ever recover from last year injury, once teams start getting in his face he will be making mistakes to save his life.

Third as good as Miami defense is you still put 400 yards on them and if it weren't for Campbell's int the game wouldn't be so close.

your hatred is getting the best of you
Its not that i hate them its just i think they are way overated atm..

Now i didnt post anything so i have no proof but i did go 12 and 4 on my straight up picks made here at my work. And yes i did pick Cowboys to win last week.

Indianapolis at Tennessee 7 Ovr/Und 46

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind

Green Bay at New York Giants -1 Ovr/Und 37.5

Straight: GB
Spread: GB
Ovr/Und:Und

Cincinnati at Cleveland 7 Ovr/Und 41.5

Straight: Cin
Spread: Cin

Houston at Carolina -6.5 Ovr/Und 37.5

Straight: Car
Spread: Hou

New Orleans at Tampa Bay 3 Ovr/Und 42

Straight: NO
Spread: NO

Buffalo at Pittsburgh -9.5 Ovr/Und 38

Straight: Pit
Spread: Buf

Atlanta at Jacksonville -10 Ovr/Und 34.5

Straight: Jax
Spread: Atl

San Fransisco at St Louis -3 Ovr/Und 44.5

Straight: SF
Spread: SF

Minnesota at Detroit -3 Ovr/Und 42.5

Straight: Det
Spread: Det

Seattle at Arizona 3 Ovr/Und 44

Straight: Sea
Spread: Sea

Dallas at Miami 3.5 Ovr/Und 40

Straight: Mia
Spread: Mia

Kansas City at Chicago -12 Ovr/Und 34.5

Straight: CHI
Spread: CHI

New York Jets at Baltimore -11 Ovr/Und 33.5

Straight: Bal
Spread: NYJ
Ovr/Und: Under

Oakland at Denver -9.5 Ovr/Und 39

Straight: Den
Spread: Den

San Diego at New England -4 Ovr/Und 47

Straight: SD
Spread: SD

Washington at Philadelphia -7 Ovr/Und 40

Straight: Was
Spread: Was
Old 09-14-2007, 01:01 PM   #11
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace View Post
I can't wait for Tuesday...hopefully we'll be heading for 3-0 and tops in the division...I think the Miami/Dallas game might go either way. The Dallas D was swiss cheese last week, and if Trent Green plays as good as he did against us, the Dolphins could put up some points. Has Romo ever won a road game? I think there was some talk about that last year wasn't there?
Actually he very first start was on the road when Dallas beat Carolina last season.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #12
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDESKIN View Post
Dallas is in for a RUDE awakening this week. Dallas D is weak and Miami will put some points on them. And Tony Romo is going to have a rude awakening against a tuff Miami D. Look for a good performance from R. Brown because they will run him often once they take the lead early on. Dallas will struggle all day on offence and T.O. will open his mouth after the game.
How come every time Washington wins a close one, or loses they assume that just because they had a rough game against a particular team that everyone else will?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #13
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Actually he very first start was on the road when Dallas beat Carolina last season.
see my comments a few lines down...

and the reason people think Dallas will struggle with Miami is because their defense is abysmal
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #14
The Zimmermans
Impact Rookie

Dallas will beat miami in a close one, anyone wanna bet?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
JDESKIN
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
How come every time Washington wins a close one, or loses they assume that just because they had a rough game against a particular team that everyone else will?
I dont assume that. I know how they did last year not to mention what i saw from them last week. Know this week you get them at home, and not to mention pissed off from the close loss in week 1. And Dallas will go in overconfident and overrated.

Keep calling T.Green a hassben after he exploits Dallas's weak secondary early on in the game.

Now granted i wouldnt want him on my team. But i am not gonna call him a hassben just yet.