Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Gibbs Playbook

Parking Lot

Old 05-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #1
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Gibbs Playbook

Mabye its just me because im a huge Madden addict (which im sure a lot of you are as well) but does anyone else worry about how Gibbs playbook will look in Madden 05. I hope they put some effort into adding a lot of plays that involve the fullback and the tightend. I also wonder what they are going to rank Cooley, he was a third round pick, but I hope they factor what type of system hes going to be playing in.

I also think that Sean Taylor will be the highest ranked rookie in the game. Perhaps tied with Gallery. Im very excited about the new roster in Madden terms.

Advertisements
Old 05-12-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I think they should be able to replicate it pretty well. NCAA 2004 has the counter trey in VA Tech's playbook and the rest of Gibbs playbook should be similar to Run Heavy from Madden.. I hope they put the stretch running play in there and the fat linemen can get out and block the linebackers and corners..

My 2 biggest Madden buddies are Cowboy fans and we always put 30 teams in a hat (excluding the Super Bowl teams so no-one has a major advantage) and draw 10 teams to play with all year. I've already been told they will conspire to keep the Redskins away from me! If I am luck enough to pull them out of the hat they will be getting a steady dose of Portis and Coles on offense and Taylor blitzes on defense!

Look for me online if you have highspeed.. GADENCNY is my username..
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #3
joecrisp
The Starter

I've spent a considerable amount of time over the past couple of months updating the rosters on my Madden 2004, and compiling a playbook that resembles what I expect to see from Gibbs this season. I created both Taylor and Cooley, and I think I cranked up Taylor to something like a 94 at free safety, and made Cooley around an 86 at TE and 90 at fullback. Those ratings are obviously ambitious, but I wanted their gameplay to reflect the impact I think they'll have at their respective positions within the Gibbs/Williams systems-- not to mention making it a lot more fun to control these guys in the game!

I put together a playbook that borrows heavily from the Vikings and Panthers playbooks, using a lot of two-TE looks, and plays where I could use the fullback more like an H-back-- putting him in motion to use as a receiver or additional blocker. I've been using a lot of counters, often sending the H-back in motion to the opposite side of the run, which seems to really throw off the defense--especially when the linebackers shift to account for the H-back-- and hinders the backside pursuit.

So far, I've been racking up a ton of rushing yards with Portis-- so much so that I've really only been getting about 200 yards per game passing, due to the fact that I really only have to pass as a change-up to keep the defense from clamping down on the running game.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #4
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I love running on Madden. Ive basically mastered playing on offense, and my roomate more so on defense. Last season I played, I averaged 9.7 yards per carry with Portis, playing on All Madden with default sliders. I cant wait for 05 to come out.

I recently got Madden for the comp. It was only 20 bucks. I like it better than on PS2 simply because of all the record keeping features. I just do simulated seasons though.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:05 PM   #5
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Did you get a controller for it, Skins or do you use the keyboard?
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:26 AM   #6
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I havent yet. I might though because the comp controller looks like a ps2 controller. The only thing I need the keyboard for is training camp. Ive done two now, havent done to bad. Most arent any different using a keyboard, some are pretty hard though.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

My early guess is Taylor initially will be in the mid 80's and Cooley will be low 70's.

I expect Gibbs' playbook will be run heavy (obviously) with plenty of single back, double TE looks and of course plenty of counters.

I'm in year 7 of my franchise right now. I traded for Portis two seasons ago and he's sweet. Right now I'm 12-1, Portis has about 1300 yard rushing, 4.7 per pop, 27 TD's. Also has 75 catches for another 600 yards or so. My OL is a brick wall right now, only given up 12 sacks in 13 games. All of my lineman are up for the Pro Bowl and are all currently rated as the best o-lineman in the awards section.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:03 PM   #8
jrocx69
Special Teams

you know madden 05 is now gonna finally have player matchups right? its goona be sweet. no more moss in the slot and rashad bauman covering him. and there is gonna be several new playmaker controls
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 05:26 PM   #9
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
My early guess is Taylor initially will be in the mid 80's and Cooley will be low 70's..
I'd say that sounds about right. I'm sure Taylor will have a lot of upside built into him, so that he jumps up to about 90 or higher by his second or third season. Cooley will probably be built to progress into the low-to-mid-80s, I would guess.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #10
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69
you know madden 05 is now gonna finally have player matchups right? its goona be sweet. no more moss in the slot and rashad bauman covering him. and there is gonna be several new playmaker controls
That's awesome. I've always been frustrated by stuff like that. It will be nice to be able to assign matchups for situations like the one you mentioned.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #11
Carnage
Special Teams

The current Falcons playbook seems to feature H-backs.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocx69
That's great because I always play Coles in the slot, and he's just unstoppable with the matchup problems that creates. I feel a bit guilty doing it, but it's just one of those things you can take advantage of in the game.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:43 PM   #13
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp
I'd say that sounds about right. I'm sure Taylor will have a lot of upside built into him, so that he jumps up to about 90 or higher by his second or third season. Cooley will probably be built to progress into the low-to-mid-80s, I would guess.
Do you know how or what they do to do this. Its clear some players go up a lot really fast with worse stats then other players. I always wondered how it worked.