Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Broken Man

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
saden1
MVP

Broken Man

If you want to see a broken man watch the Bears vs Packers game. It makes me sad to see Brett Favre teary eyed like he was when he throw an INT that went for a defensive TD. Should he return? I mean can their team really be improved enough to make any legitimate noise next year?
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
ladyfan06
Special Teams

Re: Broken Man

Yeah, I am watching it too...it is very disheartening to see him go out like that...I think he should call it quits at season end.

He will always be remembered as a great, he does not have to do anything more for that to be a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
If you want to see a broken man watch the Bears vs Packers game. It makes me sad to see Brett Favre teary eyed like he was when he throw an INT that went for a defensive TD. Should he return? I mean can their team really be improved enough to make any legitimate noise next year?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

If they make some upgrades to the OL and get another WR to go with Walker, I think they can immediately be back in the thick of things. They've been absolutely decimated by injuries. Favre has got nobody around him right now, they've gone through RB after RB this year and Rod Gardner is a go to guy after just signing with the team last week.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

this dude has been stinking it up for the last 3 years. Oh yea, he has had monster games on a couple of occasions, but on the whole he just isn't getting it done. He's certainly a media favorite, and the people of Greenbay revere him for that good run in the mid to late 90s, but he's certainly worn out the love. He should not be back next year. Retire and take your place in the HOF, Brett.

Personally, I hate it when the media makes a big deal about him having monster game the week after losing his uncle, aunt, brother-in-law, pet hamster etc. He was a great QB, but his time has passed.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
dmek25
MVP

i think on the right team brett favre could still be a good nfl qback.green bay is not a good team nor will they be next year.time for #4 to retire.one of the all time greats
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Even Payton Manning would have looked awful this year with Green Bay's talent around him.

I hope Favre comes back for one more, it would suck to see him go out like this.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I think Favre has been a great qb. This year he has been absolutely ravaged by injuries, they have their sixth starting running back playing now, they even have rod gardner starting after being signed last week. I feel bad for Favre this season. There is no way he should leave like this.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:52 PM   #8
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
If they make some upgrades to the OL and get another WR to go with Walker, I think they can immediately be back in the thick of things. They've been absolutely decimated by injuries. Favre has got nobody around him right now, they've gone through RB after RB this year and Rod Gardner is a go to guy after just signing with the team last week.
I agree to a point, I think that they need upgrades on the OL, but I dont think that the need to find another WR. I mean if Walker never got hurt this year they would have done better. Donald Driver did not have that bad of a year, I think that they needed Walker this year to help out, but when he went down that hurt everything. Basicly the offense needed Walker...
Old 12-26-2005, 01:35 AM   #9
Skinsfanmania
Special Teams

Quote:
Rod Gardner a goto guy................now that is funny.
Skinsfanmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:48 AM   #10
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Haha I know. He is not gonna do well there we all know that. Hey he might have a breakout season next year, but then what? Back to the same old Gardner, dropping catches and getting dropped from teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanmania
Rod Gardner a goto guy................now that is funny.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:05 AM   #11
Luxorreb
^21^

Quote:
Even Payton Manning would have looked awful this year with Green Bay's talent around him.

I hope Favre comes back for one more, it would suck to see him go out like this.
What he said.
I really hope Favre returns as will his IR teamates: Ferguson, Green, Davenport, Gado, etc etc. He really can't finish much worse and it's a great opportunity to let Brett school a Matt Linardht. They might get him! Saints need a city more than they need a rookie QB!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:24 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

they already have aaron rodgers being taught by brett, he is their qb of the future. Matt Leinhart will be going to someone else.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:42 PM   #13
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

he has a highschool team around him. How is he suppossed to preform?
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I say he should return. The packers should pick up TO. Then spend the draft and offseason rebuilding their o-line and Defense. Ahman green will be back, so will davenport,and so will walker, and Franks. That is quite a team that could probraly make a superbowl run with the right coach, possibly marriuchi.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #15
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
I say he should return. The packers should pick up TO. Then spend the draft and offseason rebuilding their o-line and Defense. Ahman green will be back, so will davenport,and so will walker, and Franks. That is quite a team that could probraly make a superbowl run with the right coach, possibly marriuchi.
TO's contract next year for whichever team is gonna have so many clauses in it about all the crap he has done in the past, I can't wait to see it.