Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Diehardskin's Theory of the 2010 Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Talking Diehardskin's Theory of the 2010 Redskins

By all recent accounts, it looks like Mike Shannahan will be the next head coach for the Washington Redskins. I am posting my theory of what will happen in the offseason. This is based on our current roster, the exspected2010 free agent and draft class. This is a theory, not fact. I look forward to viewing and discussing your reactions. If we hire a different coach, I will do an assessment based of what I think that coach will do as well. Please post your thoughts and beliefs as well.

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Diehardskin's Theory of the 2010 Redskins

Is there more to this? Or is your theory just that Shanahan will be the coach?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
diehardskin2982

there more finishing up now.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
rbanerjee23
The Starter

haha okay, so this thread is to let us know you have something to say later? lol

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
diehardskin2982

The first thing is everyone knows that the Oline needs to be rebuilt. Typically Shanny's lines are slinder and athletic. They implement a zone blocking scheme, under this mold currently the skins have a lot of work to change.

Free Agents possibly brought in:
I first looked at Denver, Falcons and Texans possibly moving. We will be bringing in guys that know the system. Ben Hamilton, Tyson Clabo, Harvey Dahl, Chris Kuper, Chester Pitts all come to mind.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
diehardskin2982

Hamilton is currently Denver's back up center he is a gaurd/ center combo and a long time Bronco. I believe Rabach will be replaced in the starting lineup with someone who can come in and make the calls. Chester Pitts is comming off injury and could also be brought in.

I right now would say that the line up could be like this.

LT L.Jones
LG D. Dockery
C M.Hamilton/ C.Pitts
RG C. Rabach
RT T. Williams

Mike has done well this season at gaurd, but the skins will need someone who can move. Casey also played gaurd for the Ravens. I could see us drafting an atheletic gaurd in the 2 or 3 (if we trade down in the second). Right now I'm putting rabach there.

Last edited by diehardskin2982; 12-20-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: addition
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
diehardskin2982

Draft: I believe we will get a Lineman in the first. Allen believes in addressing the line he has picked a olineman 3 times in the first two round during his tenure with the Bucs. Trent Williams come to mind because of where we pick. I wouldn't be suprised if we traded back into the 1st to pick up a lineman if we picked a Qb with our 1st pick.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #8
diehardskin2982

Qb Jason Campbell will be a Redskin next year. If only that its better for the record to keep him than to immediatly replace him with a rookie. I exspect Collins to be gone, and we may draft a QB. Ideally Shanny QB's can move with his feet. Quick Trigger, Big Arm. Campbell meets most of these qualifiers, but he holds the ball too long. Especially if he is under pressure, or doesn't have trust in his line.

I cant make a call on which QB we are hot on until after the bowl games The injury to Bradford helped the skins. Being a QB with a shoulder injury is not good for the player and depending on how he does on the workout he could fall to the 2nd round better for us if we want a lineman in the first.

I appologize that this is peacemill in its make up, I will be better prepared next time I will evaluate the RB and skill position later today. Thank you for reading and I look forward to your feed back.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Draft: I believe we will get a Lineman in the first. Allen believes in addressing the line he has picked a olineman 3 times in the first two round during his tenure with the Bucs. Trent Williams come to mind because of where we pick. I wouldn't be suprised if we traded back into the 1st to pick up a lineman if we picked a Qb with our 1st pick.
I don't have a problem with this. I think the Defense is kinda set for the most part. I would love to see us make a run in both 1st and 2nd round picking up O-lineman but I get the feeling they will pick up a QB Shanahan will want to work with for the future.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
GMScud
Swearinger

I think we keep Jason Campbell and focus strongly on the O-line via the draft and FA. Ideally I'd like to move our #1 pick and stockpile more selections. I'm not opposed to taking a QB, but I'd like to do it in the 2nd or 3rd round (if we can get a 3rd by trading down) with a guy like Pike, Lefevour, or Zac Robinson. We're gonna need to address the RB position as well.

Starting over with a rookie QB in a complex system like the WCO is not the way to go. I would be fine with JC starting behind a re-tooled O-line, and Colt and a rookie with potential backing him up. We have a very solid, young defensive foundation. We're not going to need to score 30 points a game to win. Our offense will regress with a rookie QB starting, and if said rookie ends up as a bust, it could set us back years. We know we have a solid player in JC. He'll never be a top 5 QB (hell, only 5 men on earth are), but with a great D and better O-line, we can win with him.

Keeping JC will make this offense better in 2010. Build the O-line, and a RB, and let the 3 redshirt pass catchers continue to develop. Two TE sets with Cooley and Davis could be really nasty.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
Son Of Man
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Qb Jason Campbell will be a Redskin next year. If only that its better for the record to keep him than to immediatly replace him with a rookie. I exspect Collins to be gone, and we may draft a QB. Ideally Shanny QB's can move with his feet. Quick Trigger, Big Arm. Campbell meets most of these qualifiers, but he holds the ball too long. Especially if he is under pressure, or doesn't have trust in his line.

I cant make a call on which QB we are hot on until after the bowl games The injury to Bradford helped the skins. Being a QB with a shoulder injury is not good for the player and depending on how he does on the workout he could fall to the 2nd round better for us if we want a lineman in the first.

I appologize that this is peacemill in its make up, I will be better prepared next time I will evaluate the RB and skill position later today. Thank you for reading and I look forward to your feed back.
Kiper's take, during his slot on the Sports Reporters, is that Colt McCoy is a classic Shanny QB (in the Jake Plummer mold) and that may be why the Skins we're personally scouting him.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
wilsowilso

This thread is unique.
That's all I got for the moment, but in the spirit of this thread I will post more thoughts as they come to me.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
12thMan
MVP

Campbell stays. Davis plays. Skins make playoffs. Nuff said.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #14
wilsowilso

We draft a middle linebacker on the second day.

We draft a running back on the first and second day.

We don't draft an olineman with our first pick because that would be too obvious.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

If Shanny is here, IMO the our first two picks need to be spent on a Tackle and RB. I think (and hope) Portis is gone. I think ARE is gone. Shanny is going to want a receiver, I could seriously see us bring in a vet here. Vincent Jackson, Bolden or Brandon Marshall. Would Shanny bring in Marshall who he drafted? Id like to see a true #1 receiver in here with DT on the other side and Moss in the slot.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote