dmek25
MVP

re: Holmgren Agrees to Take Over Browns

this is good news, because i don't want the old man here
Old 12-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I've been thinking for a while he'll be in Cleveland. But it could just be leverage against Seattle. I think Holmgren is a bit surprised he wasn't just welcomed back with open arms in Seattle
Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I've been thinking for a while he'll be in Cleveland. But it could just be leverage against Seattle. I think Holmgren is a bit surprised he wasn't just welcomed back with open arms in Seattle
It's surprising that he might think that? They have not exactly been a powere in recent years
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I still think that if Zorn is retained that Holmgren would be the most suitable GM/mentor for the Redskins. He would have his boys Zorn and Sherm Lewis.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I still think that if Zorn is retained that Holmgren would be the most suitable GM/mentor for the Redskins. He would have his boys Zorn and Sherm Lewis.
I wouldn't be against that. Right now I just don't know anymore. You're so effing lucky to see the Skins win on your home turf. Did you get to go down to the hole? I've been there a few times. The stadium was almost empty so I assume the game was blacked out in The Bay?

They gave Quiton Gainther an interview. He talked about how rough it was growing up in Richmond and what it meant to play in front of his family. Have things gotten better? The last time I was there Richmond was a DMZ, not just rough.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #7
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I wouldn't be against that. Right now I just don't know anymore. You're so effing lucky to see the Skins win on your home turf. Did you get to go down to the hole? I've been there a few times. The stadium was almost empty so I assume the game was blacked out in The Bay?

They gave Quinton Ganther an interview. He talked about how rough it was growing up in Richmond and what it meant to play in front of his family. Have things gotten better? The last time I was there Richmond was a DMZ, not just rough.
Didn't go to the game, game was blacked out. I listened on the radio and watched some on Justintv.com before it was disconnected. Certain areas of Richmond are just as bad or worse than SE DC, people getting shot, killed everyday.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Didn't go to the game, game was blacked out. I listened on the radio and watched some on Justintv.com before it was disconnected. Certain areas of Richmond are just as bad or worse than SE DC, people getting shot, killed everyday.
Well at least you still have bragging rights.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #9
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Well at least you still have bragging rights.
A buddy I work with (Huge Raider fan, setups tailgate parties were Fred Belitnekoff, Jack Tatum and other old Raiders have come by and posed for pictures and signed autographs) he was telling me that when Jamarcus Russell came in relief, the stadium started booing and half the crowd left and you could feel the air being let out. That's pretty sad.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree except I don't see Holmgren being the kind of person that will alow himself to be disrespected and pushed around. His persona just dosen't coinside with a personality like Snyder.

However, I'll go on record as saying I think they should retain both Zorn and Lewis. If I could find it in me to believe for some/any reason that Cerrato will be gone many other decisions would be easier.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
I agree except I don't see Holmgren being the kind of person that will alow himself to be disrespected and pushed around. His persona just dosen't coinside with a personality like Snyder.

However, I'll go on record as saying I think they should retain both Zorn and Lewis. If I could find it in me to believe for some/any reason that Cerrato will be gone many other decisions would be easier.
If Snyder wants to win he will have to give Holmgren the respect he gave Gibbs and I think he would.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
If Snyder wants to win he will have to give Holmgren the respect he gave Gibbs and I think he would.
I certainly want to think you're right. Holmgren is the kind of man that will demand respect.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
A buddy I work with (Huge Raider fan, setups tailgate parties were Fred Belitnekoff, Jack Tatum and other old Raiders have come by and posed for pictures and signed autographs) he was telling me that when Jamarcus Russell came in relief, the stadium started booing and half the crowd left and you could feel the air being let out. That's pretty sad.
you could hear it and see it on tv a well

didn't holmgrem give the browns a x-mas deadline too? sorry to lazy to read the article

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #14
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh yeah! When I saw Ja-fat-ass Russell come in I knew we'd won. Raiders fans may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. I miss the Bay sometimes. Anything cool happening in El Cerrito? I heard they took over Berkeley and threatened to kill the President because of the cuts.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #15
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah! When I saw Ja-fat-ass Russell come in I knew we'd won. Raiders fans may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. I miss the Bay sometimes. Anything cool happening in El Cerrito? I heard they took over Berkeley and threatened to kill the President because of the cuts.
Yeah, some idiots tore up the UC Berkeley Dean's house and in El Cerrito some 14 year old kid raped some 12 year old girl in school. Lots of fucked up news around here. Luckily I'm over on the coast were things are pretty mellow and quiet, we are waiting for the waves to reach around 30 feet for the Maverick's competition, my sons classmates dad is one of the local competitors.

Purveyor of fine Filth