Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

What a frustrating game that was. That was right down there with the 0-4 Redskins falling to the 0-4 Cowboys on Monday Night Football back in 2001. I think the score may have been the same, or close to it.

There are positives we can take from this game. But no one wants to hear that, especially not in this thread. So let's start smacking people down.

Rocky McIntosh That was painful watching him Carlos that interception. Just brutal

Injuries Feel awful for Chad Rinehart and Betts. Betts is done for the year (I believe) and Chad could be too. Welcome back Marcus Mason! And you know I'm a big Edwin Williams fan, and I thought he held up fairly well. Still, for the sake of his and the line's development, we need Chad in there.

Shaun Suisham Let me be clear here, I'm only smacking him for the missed field goal at the end of the 1st half. The entire final 45 seconds of the half should get smacked-from Zorn on down to the referees it was just ugly. It was a microcosm of the game

Stupid GameDay Posts Some people are ridiculous. I find myself wanting to win more so to shut up fellow Redskins fans than fans of other teams.

Forcing Suisham to Attempt a 50 Yard Field Goal Notice I didn't say the miss. The problem was what happened before the miss. We're up 6-0 on the road in the 4th quarter and we're 3-6. Additionally, our QB has been perfect (I think 10-10) on 3rd down all day. You've just run it twice to force a 3 and 2. The minute Campbell handed the ball off to Rock I was against that decision. Again, we're 3-6. And we just ran it twice.

Why not show some aggression, some fire, some passion, some desire to put the game away and win (not just not lose)? Play action pass that sucker. Go 5 wide. Whatever. Just don't do another simple draw again. And I know the response is "well what about a turnover or sack?" To which I say "3-6. Take some damn chances!"

Well, it's on to Philly now. And I guess one positive is this should allay fears people had that we might start winning and Vinny and Zorn would stay

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs.Cowboys)

excellent post and points!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Should have run a play right before the half instead of kicking the FG with 15 ticks still on the clock. Go endzone, be aggressive.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

"Watching him Carlos that interception." LMAO!!

Totally agree about forcing him to kick the 50 yarder. I also don't agree with kicking the field goal with 15 seconds on 3rd down. Take a shot at the endzone. If we don't score, then kick it.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Should have run a play right before the half instead of kicking the FG with 15 ticks still on the clock. Go endzone, be aggressive.
I just don't understand it? They had time to take a shot and kick the FG?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I never understood why teams play so safe when there pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Show some killer instinct. I wanna see the kids play, bring on Kevin Barnes.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What a frustrating game that was. That was right down there with the 0-4 Redskins falling to the 0-4 Cowboys on Monday Night Football back in 2001. I think the score may have been the same, or close to it.

There are positives we can take from this game. But no one wants to hear that, especially not in this thread. So let's start smacking people down.

Rocky McIntosh That was painful watching him Carlos that interception. Just brutal

Injuries Feel awful for Chad Rinehart and Betts. Betts is done for the year (I believe) and Chad could be too. Welcome back Marcus Mason! And you know I'm a big Edwin Williams fan, and I thought he held up fairly well. Still, for the sake of his and the line's development, we need Chad in there.

Shaun Suisham Let me be clear here, I'm only smacking him for the missed field goal at the end of the 1st half. The entire final 45 seconds of the half should get smacked-from Zorn on down to the referees it was just ugly. It was a microcosm of the game

Stupid GameDay Posts Some people are ridiculous. I find myself wanting to win more so to shut up fellow Redskins fans than fans of other teams.

Forcing Suisham to Attempt a 50 Yard Field Goal Notice I didn't say the miss. The problem was what happened before the miss. We're up 6-0 on the road in the 4th quarter and we're 3-6. Additionally, our QB has been perfect (I think 10-10) on 3rd down all day. You've just run it twice to force a 3 and 2. The minute Campbell handed the ball off to Rock I was against that decision. Again, we're 3-6. And we just ran it twice.

Why not show some aggression, some fire, some passion, some desire to put the game away and win (not just not lose)? Play action pass that sucker. Go 5 wide. Whatever. Just don't do another simple draw again. And I know the response is "well what about a turnover or sack?" To which I say "3-6. Take some damn chances!"

Well, it's on to Philly now. And I guess one positive is this should allay fears people had that we might start winning and Vinny and Zorn would stay
See that is pure 100% coaching and that's the kind of stuff we saw from Gibbs 2....playing not to lose. How about a play action bootleg in that situation? You must think 7 instead of 3. You can't win kicking FG's....simply a terrible call.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I liked both the calls.On the series before the half,I absolutely did not want us to run another play.Have you seen us this yr? JC would have been sacked and the clock would have run out.On the draw play,I liked that call also,sometimes that play breaks,sometimes it doesnt.If Jc is sacked on any one of those plays,we dont even attempt a fg,and lets face it,with this patchwork off line that is a VERY real possibility on every play.Furthermore if Jc is sacked on either one of those plays your screaming "we should have just kicked it,or we should have run it" Shuisham has to make those kicks,especially the 50 yarder.Thats what you do,get paid to make game winning fgs,and 50 yrders are not that long in todays NFL,he has the leg,theres no wind and its indoors,wtf!make the kick
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

How about Carter and Orakpo? Where was the pressure we got used to seeing?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
How about Carter and Orakpo? Where was the pressure we got used to seeing?
No Haynesworth, no pressure
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #11
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
I just don't understand it? They had time to take a shot and kick the FG?
Seems like we never run post corner or fade , which is simple to execute , three steps - throw ball to back cone - wr catch ball= TD .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
The Goat
Pro Bowl

A very enjoyable review to a lousy game! SS just coined a new term LOL at least haven't heard anyone say it before.

...today's offense looked a lot like Zorn's offense i.e. pre-Sherm Lewis.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #13
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Oh, and those God-awful all burgundy uniforms. Enough of those, please.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
budw38
Playmaker

Nice post Smoot !
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I liked both the calls.On the series before the half,I absolutely did not want us to run another play.Have you seen us this yr? JC would have been sacked and the clock would have run out.On the draw play,I liked that call also,sometimes that play breaks,sometimes it doesnt.If Jc is sacked on any one of those plays,we dont even attempt a fg,and lets face it,with this patchwork off line that is a VERY real possibility on every play.Furthermore if Jc is sacked on either one of those plays your screaming "we should have just kicked it,or we should have run it" Shuisham has to make those kicks,especially the 50 yarder.Thats what you do,get paid to make game winning fgs,and 50 yrders are not that long in todays NFL,he has the leg,theres no wind and its indoors,wtf!make the kick
So you're cool with coaching and calling the game scared.. Gotcha.. At some point you have to try to win games, not hope to avoid losing them.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote