Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Simply put, FEMA sucks!!

Other Sports

Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Simply put, FEMA sucks!!

ladies and gentlemen, our tax dollars at work!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13310790/

this is digusting and i hope heads will roll when all is said and done!
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
That Guy
Living Legend

Re: Simply put, FEMA sucks!!

not the first time they've screwed up royally.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
not the first time they've screwed up royally.
true but this is extreme. we are talking BILLIONS of dollars here.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
dmek25
MVP

this administration has one screw up after another. thats what you get when you appoint friends to high positions instead of qualified people
Old 06-15-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod
true but this is extreme. we are talking BILLIONS of dollars here.
I'd say the drastic mismanagement that got a lot of people killed unnecessarily was pretty extreme too, since, you know, their entire job is to prevent that.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:16 AM   #6
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25
this administration has one screw up after another. thats what you get when you appoint friends to high positions instead of qualified people
Exactly how did anyone associated with Bush have anything to do with this? That is a moronic statement. I am not saying the Bush administration hasn't screwed up but let's not lay EVERYTHING at their feet. There is enough stuff that CAN be blamed on them without heaping on stuff that really can't.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Exactly how did anyone associated with Bush have anything to do with this? That is a moronic statement. I am not saying the Bush administration hasn't screwed up but let's not lay EVERYTHING at their feet. There is enough stuff that CAN be blamed on them without heaping on stuff that really can't.
uhh, bush appointed an inept guy to be the head of fema (his previous experience totalled running some sort of arabian horse racing league). It's a very valid point here.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #8
number21isabadman
Special Teams

Bush is the biggest crook/moron this country has ever seen.
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
dmek25
MVP

frplg, are you kidding me? mike brown was directly appointed by good ole w him self. those 2 have a long history together. then when everything goes down, and everyone realizes what a huge screw up happened, bush throws his buddy to the curb
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 AM   #10
cpayne5
Playmaker

In order to stop something like this from happening, the doling out of money would have taken longer. People wouldn't have gotten their money on time and their would be an uproar about that. It's really a lose-lose situation. Either way, I'm not giving my season tickets back. j/k

This is just another reason for me to believe that the federal government shouldn't be in this type of business to begin with.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:03 AM   #11
That Guy
Living Legend

or that they should have a civil engineer or logistics guy in charge of FEMA instead of some clueless crony.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #12
dmek25
MVP

thatguy, you are right. anyone with the correct qualificationa would have had at least a fighting chance in katrina. im not sure that who ever was running the show would have made a huge difference, but at least they would have knowledge of the levees and maybe proper steps in place after the diaster hit
Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 AM   #13
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
thatguy, you are right. anyone with the correct qualificationa would have had at least a fighting chance in katrina. im not sure that who ever was running the show would have made a huge difference, but at least they would have knowledge of the levees and maybe proper steps in place after the diaster hit
Both the Mayor of nawlins and the governor of LA were morons, too. The state should be the ones to take care of the people, not the federal government.

A little off topic -
Did anyone else read about the recent discovery that the city is sinking at a much higher rate than previously thought?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:30 AM   #14
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
the engineers at the levees knew they weren't going to hold at least ten days beforehand (they were on local news talking about it BEFORE it happened). FEMA needed to step in an over rule the idiot mayor who also had a huge hand in making a bad situation much worse (refusing to move or use the busses in evacution etc).

the whole thing was/is a steaming dogpile.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #15
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
frplg, are you kidding me? mike brown was directly appointed by good ole w him self. those 2 have a long history together. then when everything goes down, and everyone realizes what a huge screw up happened, bush throws his buddy to the curb
That's right! I forgot it was Brownie out there doling out the money himself. Does anyone actually believe that this wouldn't have happened even with the most qualified person in charge? This had nothing to do with brownie. This had to do with having to dole out billions in days. This had to do with the FEMA being woefully inadequate as it has been for decades. Does anyone ask why FEMA wasn't fixe under Clinton? Or Bush I? Or Reagan? Or Carter? Brownie sucked hard. real hard but don't lay EVERY stinking thing at Bush's feet. It isn't fair in this case. I have the utmost confidence that this would have happened with anyone in charge. FEMA is that screwed up. No one could have or can fix the dam thing. Blow the damn thing up and start over.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote