Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Playbook

Reputations

Playbook

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Reputations

I say this thing is a crock of crap. So people can slam you and be annony? Folks can change my reputation and not be accountable for their words and opinions?

That's crap.

Grand jury identifies... 12-05-2007 10:54 AM
SBF's Video Footage of... 12-03-2007 01:01 PM Thanks for sharing the moving Taylor tribute.
When they put the #21... 11-27-2007 12:28 PM Couldn't have said it better myself Mike
F... Kool-Aid 11-17-2007 10:27 PM Just contributing to the problem.
My Best Video Work... 11-05-2007 10:24 PM winer.
Do we have reputation... 10-16-2007 06:13 PM Use of the term "yankee boy" is always good
Do we have reputation... 10-15-2007 06:20 PM Hello.
Latest Reputation... 06-03-2005 12:12 PM Here's a positive comment just for ya...
Sad News About Coach... 09-14-2004 10:46 PM
Wacks the political... 07-22-2004 12:38 PM my opinion that this person likes to attack others political views if they don't agree with his.
Wacks the political... 07-21-2004 05:32 PM
We hold these truths to... 07-05-2004 01:41 PM
what browser do you use? 06-13-2004 05:05 PM

All that rap means ZERO.
Who is this to help?

Let's say I don't like 1 political side and bad rep every person of that opinion? What if I just don't like a guy and bad Rep him all year.

If a poster and talk CHIT about me in my Rep...don't I have the right to face my accuser? Yeah I know in a great place like America I can but why not at this URL?

All the rep is is a way to flame people anny style or blow smoke up each other's buts in a mutual admiration society.

I don't see the point

Advertisements
Old 12-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Reputations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
I say this thing is a crock of crap. So people can slam you and be annony? Folks can change my reputation and not be accountable for their words and opinions?

That's crap.

SBF's Video Footage of... 12-03-2007 01:01 PM Thanks for sharing the moving Taylor tribute.
When they put the #21... 11-27-2007 12:28 PM Couldn't have said it better myself Mike
Do we have reputation... 10-16-2007 06:13 PM Use of the term "yankee boy" is always good
Latest Reputation... 06-03-2005 12:12 PM Here's a positive comment just for ya...
Wacks the political... 07-22-2004 12:38 PM my opinion that this person likes to attack others political views if they don't agree with his.

All that rap means ZERO.
Who is this to help?

Let's say I don't like 1 political side and bad rep every person of that opinion? What if I just don't like a guy and bad Rep him all year.

If a poster and talk CHIT about me in my Rep...don't I have the right to face my accuser? Yeah I know in a great place like America I can but why not at this URL?

All the rep is is a way to flame people anny style or blow smoke up each other's buts in a mutual admiration society.

I don't see the point
What are all those? Positive reputation points and comment you've gotten?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #3
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:

That's crap.

All that rap means ZERO.
Who is this to help?

I don't see the point
I'm so giving you negative reputation for this post.

EDIT- You actually gave me negative rep for this? Now that's funny! I guess I should have turned on the sarcasm light.

Thomas Paine
Old 12-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What are all those? Positive reputation points and comment you've gotten?
1/2 are bad I guess.
What th heck does a blue square mean?

See?
Yoy don't know so how the heck am I to know?

Some folks just push whatever and never have to make a comment or BE ACCOUNTABLE for their words.

This is a bunch of crap smoot. Who's idea was this and what is the point? It serves no point other than a way to stir up trouble.

The argument of "it helps people know who to read because of Rep" is just not right.

Get rid of the stupid Module
Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #5
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
I'm so giving you negative reputation for this post.
Whatever. If yer such a TARD then go ahead.

My Point had CLEARLY been made by this poster.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
1/2 are bad I guess.
What th heck does a blue square mean?

See?
Yoy don't know so how the heck am I to know?

Some folks just push whatever and never have to make a comment or BE ACCOUNTABLE for their words.

This is a bunch of crap smoot. Who's idea was this and what is the point? It serves no point other than a way to stir up trouble.

The argument of "it helps people know who to read because of Rep" is just not right.

Get rid of the stupid Module
Well I knew they were reputation points, just didn't know if they were positive or negative. And yes, blue means "negative"

But anyhow, Matty can speak to it better
Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Redskin
Impact Rookie

It shows you latest reputation like the negative I got from irish for bashing Irish and the positive I also got for bashing Irish by ms
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Mine don't say who is bashing me. That's Wrong. I have the right to face my accuser...well in an American way. Not to say I am due that here.

I say the system is FLAUD

What if I get 5-10 folks to hammer MAttyK at everyone of his post and he has no way of knowing it's just three guys. Heck other don't know it just 3 guys but see 100 Bad Reps?

The ratings without accountrablity....mean nothing and should be deleted
Old 12-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I get really depressed for weeks when I get a poor reputation.

At times I wonder, "What will people think of me?". Every word I type I can feel the thousands of trigger happy warpathers constantly judging. And yes... I find solace in the occasional positive remark, but still find it hard to make it throughout the week. Will I ever make it to the pro bowl?

God willing.

But seriously... who really cares. It's reputation points on a football fan site. If it's from a douche... than I would just shrug it off. I'm kind of indifferent on the benefit of the points for the forum vets, but I could see how it might help newbies.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I get really depressed for weeks when I get a poor reputation.

At times I wonder, "What will people think of me?". Every word I type I can feel the thousands of trigger happy warpathers constantly judging. And yes... I find solace in the occasional positive remark, but still find it hard to make it throughout the week. Will I ever make it to the pro bowl?

God willing.

But seriously... who really cares. It's reputation points on a football fan site. If it's from a douche... than I would just shrug it off. I'm kind of indifferent on the benefit of the points for the forum vets, but I could see how it might help newbies.

I'll shrg off yer backhanded/ religious whatever

The Rep stuff is worthless and leads to no good. Kill it or be prepared to live with it. I can play the "Rep Game" like the best of them.

It's a waste of tim, bandwidth and Redskin fan effort...IMHO
Old 12-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:

The Rep stuff is worthless and leads to no good. Kill it or be prepared to live with it. I can play the "Rep Game" like the best of them.

Yeah I hear ya. Like I said before, I can't really see much benefit to the forum vets. Anonymous stuff seems kind of pointless as well. I wouldn't fret, but to each his own.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

If it's such a waste of time and bandwidth, why have you posted like 5 times about it here? Seems easier to just ignore it.

I don't think it hurts anything, certainly doesn't affect you or me. But it may have an impact on new folks around here.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

I see some of your points SBF, but the rep. system has some value. First, the reputation system encourages people to be thoughtful as it punishes carelessness and stupidity and rewards thoughtfulness. Although there are numerous people who will give others negative points for posts that are thoughtful and positive points for dumb posts, I still think the system's flaws are outweighed by its benefits. Second, the reputation system allows users to see how others view them. Granted, you can already do that when people quote your posts. However, some people would prefer to express their opinions more discretely and the reputation point system affords them an opportunity to do just that. And if a series of rep. points express the same idea (e.g., "You're spelling sucks," or "Nice way of backing up your posts with facts") it's easy to take note of that and adjust your future posts accordingly.

If people don't like what you say and their comments are without merit, simply ignore them. If people have something to say about your posts and their concerns/comments are thoughtful, take note. In short, disregard the dumb comments and take note of the thoughtful ones.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #14
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

I agree with your point SBF. If this rep./feedback crap is so important to somebody...I'd like to know who?

Have a vote and see how important it is to the people that use the site. If found it's important lets improve the current system, which IMO is at best flawed. I think we all understand nothing is perfect, but we have alot of room for improvement.

Also, make people accountable for their feedback on another member and if you leave feed good or bad. Let it be known to the member who has left the feed either way.

No need to hide behind a computer, lets put a member user name with the feedback left.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #15
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

You gues miss the point
ANNOY people can folks can make commens and not be resposible for their words or actions.
Maybe that's what what the young generation wants but that un American...say whatever you want.

Accusation without Representation? Yeah I geuss at the Warpath.

~shakes head
Closed Thread