Obama directs NASA to Improve Relations with the Muslim World

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Obama directs NASA to Improve Relations with the Muslim World

Are you kidding me?????

FOXNews.com - NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

NASA exists to explore stuff, put rockets into space, and develop bleeding-edge new space/aeronautical technologies, not be a politcal/social engineering agency. Anyone who thinks Obama isn't an idealogue or that he has half a clue how to run the country needs to read this.

I do some work for NASA that's probably why this article set me off.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
dmek25
MVP

Re: Obama directs NASA to Improve Relations with the Muslim World

how the hell can better relations with Muslims improve our space program? or is this another rant by Fox?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
how the hell can better relations with Muslims improve our space program? or is this another rant by Fox?
Read the link, the statements are made by the Administrator of NASA on the direction he was given directly by President Obama.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
dmek25
MVP

i read the link. until its reported by someone else, its just another rant. and if true, how can they help us?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

It is odd but not that big of a deal. Bolden is right that in the future space travel will involve international cooperation, so there is nothing wrong with reaching out to other countries. We must have better people for such outreach than Bolden, however.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
It is odd but not that big of a deal. Bolden is right that in the future space travel will involve international cooperation, so there is nothing wrong with reaching out to other countries. We must have better people for such outreach than Bolden, however.
Really? If true, it is way far beyond odd and just further evidence that something is truly amiss in this admin. Even more disturbing is that a NASA administrator is now revealing Obama directives through Al Jazeera. Yeah, I find that a little odd.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

From the article, the NASA Administrator said "When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- [Obama] charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering[.]"

Yes - Hard science, space exploration, and developing cutting edge tech - all take a back seat to making sure the muslim world feels good about themselves. <sigh>
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
djnemo65
Playmaker

A NASA guy goes on Al Jazeera and attempts to ingratiate his agency to the station's Muslim audience, and from that we get the Obama administration is shirking its responsibilities to space exploration in favor of social engineering. Wow. If you are going to make a cogent argument you are going to have to deal with this on the level of material policy. What are the actual policies effecting the supposed change? Is there an actual funded program or is some guy just talking on TV? If there is a program, what is its cost? How is it funded? Most importantly, in what sense does it make things worse than they were before?

Perhaps an argument can be made, but no one is making it here. Stating that some immaterial modification of the stated objective of NASA is inconsistent with your notion of what the agency should be doing is not really worth much.

Last edited by djnemo65; 07-05-2010 at 11:28 PM.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

sounds like they want funding from the Muslim world and from patting them on the back they might get it

that's what works with Muslims.. make them feel important and they will be more likely to put more money into something.. if you've ever been to a Muslim ceremony (especially weddings) this is put on full display
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 AM   #10
saden1
MVP

What did you guys expect from a secret Muslim? And of course lets not forget how unhelpful those commie Russians have been since shuttle disaster. **** good will and all that bullshit they are our enemies. Oh and lets get out of that international spacestation parternship crap.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Just like you said, but I don't even think it's odd.

If NASA is to be successful in future endeavors (i.e.: long-distance space travel), they cannot do it on their own. It will take the entire world to advance space travel beyond what it is today. Everyone else is pretty much on-board except for Muslim countries. So, let's get them on-board, and let's quit with the knee-jerk reactions.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i read the link. until its reported by someone else, its just another rant. and if true, how can they help us?
Well if its just another rant it was by the guy Obama picked to lead NASA and this was a direct quote from him. This is what you get from a past community organizer. I guess with our presidents we've had dumb now we have dumber.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]children[/COLOR][/COLOR] to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #13
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Well if its just another rant it was by the guy Obama picked to lead NASA and this was a direct quote from him. This is what you get from a past community organizer. I guess with our presidents we've had dumb now we have dumber.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]children[/COLOR][/COLOR] to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.
wake up buddy. its all about the money
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #14
dmek25
MVP

but this is ok?
Obama had nothing to do with this stamp, which was first announced during President George W. Bush’s administration, on Aug. 1, 2001, honoring two Muslim holidays, including Eid al-Fitr, the first day following the month of Ramadan, a period of fasting and religious observances. The stamp first came out at 34 cents, the prevailing first class rate at the time. It has been reissued several times whenever that rate increased.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

This is what you schmucks voted for, congratulations! Sometimes you just have to laugh. Don't worry, the military industrial complex can still put up weapons platforms with their other un-manned, "secret shuttle".