Why the rich should pay more in taxes

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Miller101
Special Teams

Why the rich should pay more in taxes

little-dog-large-estate: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Quote:
When Ms. Posner died in March at age 67, Conchita and two other dogs inherited the right to live in her seven-bedroom, $8.3 million Miami Beach mansion, their comfort ensured by a $3 million trust fund.
Ohhh and it gets better! Check this out:

Quote:
In an interview with the Miami Herald in 2007, she said the dog's most precious possession was a Cartier necklace worth $15,000,
Can you believe this crap!?!? She had so much freaking money that she wills $3,000,000 to her dogs!!!!!!! And when she was alive she bought her DOG a $15,000 necklace!?!?!??! Are you freaking kidding me!? Its a dog! If you don't know who to give your money too; just give it to the Church or a Charity. Anything but an animal! I mean, what is an animal going to do with 3 million? NOTHING!!!! Talk about a waste! And if they want to go throwing money away like that they should pay more in taxes!

Obama better start taxing the crud out of these rich guys soon, because this is some Bullshit! Thats for sure!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Why the rich should pay more in taxes

I dont know about more taxes, but this story did interest me earlier. It really speaks to the fact of what people value these days. Instead of making a difference, this happened. This person has every right to make that choice, but it really just amazes me.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
firstdown
Living Legend

I'm sure if she owned an 8.3 million dollar home she had more then 3 million that she left for the dogs. Sounds like a person who's happiness was from her dogs. When the dogs die I'm sure she has it in the will as what happens then. Why should others get bent over how she spends her money?

You also left this part off:
"The canines weren't the only ones who benefited from Ms. Posner's munificence. Seven of her bodyguards, housekeepers and other personal aides were left a total of $26 million under her will, and some also were allowed to live, rent-free, in the mansion to care for the dogs."
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
firstdown
Living Legend

It seems that she did leave money to charity but the article did not say how much:

"Ms. Posner left the remainder of her estate to charity, with one-quarter directed to animal shelters and the rest to breast cancer and suicide-prevention causes. She also left another request: that the canine-care staff also look after her pet turtles."
Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Class envy, wonderful. Why should the Fed have the right to jack people disproportionately (even more than they already do)?

Should I make a list of all the BS pay-offs and crap the politicians do with OUR tax dollars. Posner's doing better than the idiots running the country in that she died with a $26M surplus, not a $ 1T+ /yr. defecit.

P.S. Under the terms of Ms. Posner's trust, the mansion is to be sold after her dogs die, and the proceeds donated to charity.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

Also I'm not sure how much but I'm sure she also had to pay a heavy dead/estate tax.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
Miller101
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Class envy, wonderful. Why should the Fed have the right to jack people disproportionately (even more than they already do)?

Should I make a list of all the BS pay-offs and crap the politicians do with OUR tax dollars. Posner's doing better than the idiots running the country in that she died with a $26M surplus, not a $ 1T+ /yr. defecit.

P.S. Under the terms of Ms. Posner's trust, the mansion is to be sold after her dogs die, and the proceeds donated to charity.
No, dude! You got it all wrong! Conchita is doing better than the idiots running this country. She's got $3,000,000 to spend.

She can't even get into a store to buy anything with it! Dogs aren't allowed! I mean, what a waste! Three million just thrown away! Ms. Posner would have been better off donating that money to TheWarpath.net then giving it to her dog! Can you imagine TheWarpath having that kind of money? They would be able to bring our videos back! Think about it, with that kind of money they could pay the NFL enough to let us make videos of their games. And those were some AWESOME videos too! I miss those videos!
"And the Redskins went down there and manhandled them and they basically undressed them and now everybody's been lining up to get a piece of them." - John Riggins on the last game we played in Texas Stadium
Miller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Maybe she should have had them tossed out the window of a moving car into trafic. Sounds like her son did not give her the time of day so she gave her money to the people and pets that made her happy.

I have seen friends spend thousands on their pets which is no different then what she is doing.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller101 View Post
No, dude! You got it all wrong! Conchita is doing better than the idiots running this country. She's got $3,000,000 to spend.
Actually the idiots running the country have an unlimited checkbook and have already run up $ 13T in national debt with another $8T or so coming in the next 10 years. Not to mention the $ 60T + in unfunded obligations of SS & Medicare.

At least Conchita has a limit.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'm telling you, a Flat tax is the answer. The only people who don't want it are the rich cause it's a flat % based off their income. If you make less you pay less if you make more you pay more. Simple. No loop holes, no write offs. Just a simple % for everyone.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
saden1
MVP

Got to love the estate tax. I wish the dogs all the best...they should enjoy themselves while they can.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Nimrod thinks the rich pay taxes! The rich can afford fancy lawyers, accountants, and have powerful friends that allow them to pay minor fines if they get caught evading, like Timothy Geithner.

"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes. "

Leona Helmsley

I'm sure this logic will not get past your class envy.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Actually the idiots running the country have an unlimited checkbook and have already run up $ 13T in national debt with another $8T or so coming in the next 10 years. Not to mention the $ 60T + in unfunded obligations of SS & Medicare.

At least Conchita has a limit.
But Sammy, money grows on trees and the Easter Bunny promised me a free meal?!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm telling you, a Flat tax is the answer. The only people who don't want it are the rich cause it's a flat % based off their income. If you make less you pay less if you make more you pay more. Simple. No loop holes, no write offs. Just a simple % for everyone.
Why should you have to pay more in taxes for the more money you make? Just because a person earns more money you think the government should get to take more?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #15
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Why should you have to pay more in taxes for the more money you make? Just because a person earns more money you think the government should get to take more?
Lets put it this way....

the poor can't pay taxes and most likely don't since they don't make enough money if any at all. The Rich hide behind their lawyers and loop holes and write offs. If you haven't figured it out yet you will the middle class is paying the dime, especially since there is so many of the middle class.

Under a flat tax, say a 10% tax on all earnings, everyone pays their equal share of the money they make. So yes if your making 1 mill a yr and I'm making 40,000 our 10% to the government would be different. You would pay more based off of 10% of your larger sum of money you are earning. The flat tax would be equal and fair for all. Everyone pays their 10%. No matter what they make.

Let me ask you this do you think its fair that the middle class should carry the burdon of the majority of the bill? or should everyone pay their part?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote