Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Palin 0-1

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Palin 0-1

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Washington, Palin-backed candidate defeated « - Blogs from CNN.com

Advertisements
Old 05-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Palin 0-1

The endorsement was a payback for Ward's work on the McCain campaign. The other candidate was endorsed by the Tea Party activists.....much ado about nothing here. The district will go R in November.

Note: It's always better to read an article rather than post based on a headline.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
The endorsement was a payback for Ward's work on the McCain campaign. The other candidate was endorsed by the Tea Party activists.....much ado about nothing here. The district will go R in November.

Note: It's always better to read an article rather than post based on a headline.
Sammy I know, but she did endorse him. I read the article. He thought Puerto Rico was another country. Washington can go R, but the Tea Party needs better candidates. It's a nice brand they built but no substance to it.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Sammy I know, but she did endorse him. I read the article. He thought Puerto Rico was another country. Washington can go R, but the Tea Party needs better candidates. It's a nice brand they built but no substance to it.
I swear your posts are hilarious at times. You do realize that both candidates that are facing each other have some level of "Tea Party" support which means that the actual election will kinda be like a Tea Party primary in an uncontested district where the winner getting the seat.
Quote:
Labrador, a conservative favored by local Tea Party groups, will now face off against Democratic Rep. Walt Minnick in November's general election. Minnick, a freshman member of Congress who won the district by two points in the 2008 election, was the only Democrat to receive an endorsement last month by the Tea Party Express, a national group which has organized three cross country bus tours.
The candidate who didn't know about Puerto Rico was not associated with the Tea Party.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
I hope you and the folks on the left keep marginalizing the Tea Party, the old school RINOs are feeling the heat now, and the incumbent Ds in Congress will be catching it in Nov.

As I've said before, 1994 = 2010.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
I hope you and the folks on the left keep marginalizing the Tea Party, the old school RINOs are feeling the heat now, and the incumbent Ds in Congress will be catching it in Nov.

As I've said before, 1994 = 2010.
Tea Party Candidate Thinks He's the Messiah - Tim D'Annunzio believes god will drop a pyramid on Greenland

Tea Party Messiah from North Carolina.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

^^^ From a Carolina Politics blog:
Quote:
That’s another good point. The accusations made against D’Annunzio by his ex-wife during their divorce proceedings were 15 years ago. D’Annunzio has admitted to having some problems in his past, but assuming that it is all in the past does not the man then deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt? ... If D’Annunzio just went out two weeks ago and claimed to have discovered the Ark of the Convenent in Arizona then I’d say that’s fair game for his opponents to bring up, but to dredge up alleged statements from 15 years ago that really aren’t relevant to the campaign chalks up to dirty politics in my book. I’m not on anybody’s side in this race, just playing devil’s advocate here and exposing some possible hypocrisy on behalf of the party apparatus.
I am not yet a supporter of the Tea Party, but I like the fact that they seem to be rattling both sides - Dem and Rep - fairly equally. Bringing up stuff from 15years ago, that he has publicly acknowledged were off-base seems a tad petty, and the fact that he still won, seems to say that the comments were answered and set aside as irrelevant.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:

Pretty much. Also tough to take anything CNN says about Sarah Palin seriously.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Pretty much. Also tough to take anything CNN says about Sarah Palin seriously.
Considering you can't taken Palin seriously to start with I agree.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
And the left has Alan Grayson and Hank Johnson "Guam tipping over". Did I forget to mention Obama's 57 state tour, with "one left to go", not including Alaska & Hawaii.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
And the left has Alan Grayson and Hank Johnson "Guam tipping over". Did I forget to mention Obama's 57 state tour, with "one left to go", not including Alaska & Hawaii.
Hahaha the Tea Party wears the tin foil hat championship belt.