Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
firstdown
Living Legend

Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

From The Article:
During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.
http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=5798

It gets better.

From The Article:
Two newspapers reported Friday that drilling plans received approval from the Obama administration without the permits required under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
The Washington Post and New York Times said the approvals included the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded last month, killing 11 people and leading to the spill of millions of gallons of oil.
The Arizona-based Center for Biological Diversity has filed a notice to sue Salazar for ignoring the laws when granting the permits. The group said Interior has approved three lease sales, more than 100 seismic surveys and more than 300 drilling operations without the required permits.
"Under Salazar's watch, the Department of the Interior has treated the Gulf of Mexico as a sacrifice area where laws are ignored and wildlife protection takes a backseat to oil-company profits," said Miyoko Sakashita, the center's oceans director.
MMS is required to get permits under the two environmental laws for drilling that might harm endangered species or marine mammals.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INTERIOR_OFFSHORE_DRILLING?SITE=WHIZ&SECTION=HO ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

So Who is this guy called Salazar:

From The Article:
Ken Salazar, a fifth generation Coloradan, was confirmed as the 50th Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior on January 20, 2009, in a unanimous vote by the U.S. Senate.
Prior to his confirmation, Salazar served as Colorado's 35th United States Senator, winning election in November 2004 and serving on the Finance Committee, which oversees the nation's tax, trade, social security, and health care systems. He also served on the Agriculture, Energy and Natural Resources, Ethics, Veterans Affairs, and Aging Committees.
http://www.doi.gov/welcome.html

I thought Bush and Chenney are the oil guys. I guess with Obama just follow the oil slick/$$$$$$$$ and it leads back to BP. I guess thats why he told them to quit pointing fingers because he knew where it woul lead.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Re: Obama Biggest Recipient Of BP Cash

News Flash: Big businesses lobby the government.

But, it's true: all politicians are crooks.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
From The Article:
During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.
http://www.greenchange.org/article.php?id=5798

It gets better.

From The Article:
Two newspapers reported Friday that drilling plans received approval from the Obama administration without the permits required under the Endangered Species Act and the Marine Mammal Protection Act.
The Washington Post and New York Times said the approvals included the Deepwater Horizon rig, which exploded last month, killing 11 people and leading to the spill of millions of gallons of oil.
The Arizona-based Center for Biological Diversity has filed a notice to sue Salazar for ignoring the laws when granting the permits. The group said Interior has approved three lease sales, more than 100 seismic surveys and more than 300 drilling operations without the required permits.
"Under Salazar's watch, the Department of the Interior has treated the Gulf of Mexico as a sacrifice area where laws are ignored and wildlife protection takes a backseat to oil-company profits," said Miyoko Sakashita, the center's oceans director.
MMS is required to get permits under the two environmental laws for drilling that might harm endangered species or marine mammals.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_INTERIOR_OFFSHORE_DRILLING?SITE=WHIZ&SECTION=HO ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

So Who is this guy called Salazar:

From The Article:
Ken Salazar, a fifth generation Coloradan, was confirmed as the 50th Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior on January 20, 2009, in a unanimous vote by the U.S. Senate.
Prior to his confirmation, Salazar served as Colorado's 35th United States Senator, winning election in November 2004 and serving on the Finance Committee, which oversees the nation's tax, trade, social security, and health care systems. He also served on the Agriculture, Energy and Natural Resources, Ethics, Veterans Affairs, and Aging Committees.
http://www.doi.gov/welcome.html

I thought Bush and Chenney are the oil guys. I guess with Obama just follow the oil slick/$$$$$$$$ and it leads back to BP. I guess thats why he told them to quit pointing fingers because he knew where it woul lead.
News flash! they bet on winners.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
MTK
\m/

Shocker.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
saden1
MVP

The getting money from BP PAC is not true but people who happen to work for BP were/are free to donate to Obama. My company has one of the best ties you could have with the Obama administration but I didn't donate to him because I work for them...I will show up as Company XYZ contributor but I don't give a shit about Company XYZ's political philosophy/affiliation.

Anywho, this is Obama's problem and he is indeed in charge. Hopefully this will never happen again. I feel good that this sort of thing will be less likely to happen given that he is planning to split the Minerals Management Service (can you say conflict of interest?) into two agencies.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
dmek25
MVP

BP oil spill: “Bush administration allowed safety precautions to be circumvented”
energyoilUnited States.While US senators grill BP over the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, it has emerged that it was the US government itself - under George W. Bush - which allowed oil companies to leave out a safety device which would have prevented the explosion on 20 April. An American environmentalist tells us: "Our politicians are beholden to the oil companies".
well, first?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Well I just find it funny how all the liberals have run around and still do to this day about Bush and big oil and now we find out that Mr Green/Obama let them drill without proper permits.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash - Kung Fu Magazine Forums The fourth highest recipient of BP money in the same time period is George W. Bush. The fifth highest recipient is John McCain. In the 2000 and 2004 cycles, ...
Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
dmek25
MVP

Bush's buddies from Haliburton are major players in this mess. imagine that
Old 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
BP oil spill: “Bush administration allowed safety precautions to be circumvented”
energyoilUnited States.While US senators grill BP over the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, it has emerged that it was the US government itself - under George W. Bush - which allowed oil companies to leave out a safety device which would have prevented the explosion on 20 April. An American environmentalist tells us: "Our politicians are beholden to the oil companies".
well, first?
Then you better call the Washington Post & The New York Times because they reported that the drilling plans received were approved from the Obama administration. So I guess we still blame Bush even though Obama's office gave the approval?

Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Bush's buddies from Haliburton are major players in this mess. imagine that
Now its Haliburton. I guess next we can blame Regan.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

If you all can't see that both parties have their hands in the pots, nothing is going to open your eyes.

Like my 11 and 13 yo, he started it, no he did, i did not he did didnotdidtodidnotdiddididdididididididnot at some point it don't matter who started it both of them gotta straighten up
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
dmek25
MVP

it has nothing to do with drilling. it has everything to do with circumventing safety devices( that are deemed too expensive by the oil companies)
and the reason i post this shit is because behind the party, these guys are all the same. the views may be different, but they are all whores when it comes to money. NO exceptions
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash - Kung Fu Magazine Forums The fourth highest recipient of BP money in the same time period is George W. Bush. The fifth highest recipient is John McCain. In the 2000 and 2004 cycles, ...
How could Mr Oil/Bush be forth and McCain 5th and Obama beat out both of them. Now we find out he gave drilling rights without permits and now we have this disaster. HMMM
Old 05-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
it has nothing to do with drilling. it has everything to do with circumventing safety devices( that are deemed too expensive by the oil companies)
and the reason i post this shit is because behind the party, these guys are all the same. the views may be different, but they are all whores when it comes to money. NO exceptions
Well we can agree with that. I just like poking at my liberal friends. When this first happened they were the ones who brought up the drill baby drill crap. Its now that we find out its the Obama administration who gave the to drill.