Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Ted Nugent on Gun Control

I debated weather to post, or not to post...... As you can see, I could not resist. After all, we have a couple of weeks until training camp to haggle it out.
This interview on Gun Control is as ONLY TN can do it. Generally......I agree with what he says. Enjoy

YouTube - TEXAS MONTHLY TALKS - TED NUGENT
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Gotta LIKE THE WILD MAN, NUG! He's still ROCKIN! And speakin he's F***** MIND!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

lol

"I like dead offenders"

Me Too!!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

Unfeathered access to guns is definitely a bad Idea. What kind of society would we be if everyone was packing? I mean, how free would people be?

Anywho, people should be allowed to own guns and the laws in the books need to be enforced.

p.s. Early in the video he said that brave families left Europe to be free of tyrants and slave drivers. I didn't know the pilgrims were salves.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
MTK
\m/

The Nuge is a little too extreme on his view of guns for my taste, and that's pretty much all I'm gonna say about that.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

I'm with the NUG 100% and I also don't like repeat OFFENDERS, which is what AMERICA is full of!

You FUCK with THO, THO FAMILY, OR THO LOVED ONES, YOU WILL NOT BE A REPEAT OFFENDER, PROMISE! NO JUDGE OR JURY NEEDED...THAT WOULD BE ME!
YOU ON THE OTHER HAND....BAD DAY, YOU LEAVE IN A BAG! THAT SIMPLE!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The Nuge is a little too extreme on his view of guns for my taste, and that's pretty much all I'm gonna say about that.
Too extreme for me as well
Old 07-13-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
dmek25
MVP

we need some sort of gun control. and we also need the laws that are on the books to be enforced. and anyone that listens to that acid dropping Nugent needs to have their head examined
Old 07-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
we need some sort of gun control. and we also need the laws that are on the books to be enforced. and anyone that listens to that acid dropping Nugent needs to have their head examined
For your info there dmek, the guitar and gun slinger doesn't do drugs. Do your homework.....next time!

He's probually GLAD his music offends you or anyone that doesn't like ass kickin rock n roll!
lol

Old 07-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
saden1
MVP

I wonder how effective Nugent's concealed weapon would be if someone sneaks up on him in the grocery store and put a bullet in his head? Preferably using a gun with a silencer.

Nugent is an idiot.

-Jenkins
Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #11
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I wonder how effective Nugent's concealed weapon would be if someone sneaks up on him in the grocery store and put a bullet in his head? Preferably using a gun with a silencer.

Nugent is an idiot.
Why don't you sneak up on him and find out?

What would any person with one ounce of common sence that is a law obeying citizen have against anyone with a concealed weapons permit, explain that?

Why is Nugent an idiot?

Old 07-13-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

I've never understood those who argue in favor of being defenseless.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #13
saden1
MVP

Clearly you don't get it. The point I was trying to make is you can not defend yourself by carrying a gun. If everyone is packing you have absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

The argument that somehow carrying a gun eliminates or reduces the incentive for someone wanting to off you is absurd. They'll simply go about it smarter.

I like guns, I go to the gun range a few times a year but I really don't think we should play laissez-faire with guns and go back to the wild wild west.

-Jenkins
Old 07-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #14
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Clearly you don't get it. The point I was trying to make is you can not defend yourself by carrying a gun. If everyone is packing you have absolutely no advantage whatsoever.

The argument that somehow carrying a gun eliminates or reduces the incentive for someone wanting to off you is absurd. They'll simply go about it smarter.

I like guns, I go to the gun range a few times a year but I really don't think we should play laissez-faire with guns and go back to the wild wild west.
The point you make Saden is obviously shared by many. The philosophy with "everybody packing" puts everyone (thugs, and non) on an even playing field. Thugs are like any other predator, they generally look for the weakest prey. That is a fact that has any con will support. That's why you don't see bad ass's getting assaulted much. If you got an AK in your purse, they'll look elsewhere.
While Ted does have the wrap of being a wildman, much of what he says is fact. Our prison/justice system does not work. Check out ANY success's it is having......it's a disgrace. I do not condone all he advocates, but repeat offenders is BS. The Con's have all the rights. What about that is wrong??????
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
The point you make Saden is obviously shared by many. The philosophy with "everybody packing" puts everyone (thugs, and non) on an even playing field. Thugs are like any other predator, they generally look for the weakest prey. That is a fact that has any con will support. That's why you don't see bad ass's getting assaulted much. If you got an AK in your purse, they'll look elsewhere.
While Ted does have the wrap of being a wildman, much of what he says is fact. Our prison/justice system does not work. Check out ANY success's it is having......it's a disgrace. I do not condone all he advocates, but repeat offenders is BS. The Con's have all the rights. What about that is wrong??????
Well said, and I agree. I just don't see a way of fixing the actual problem. Taking away guns is not the answer cause the thugs of the world will still find a way of getting their hands on them...giving too many guns to everyone could cause an issue of some kid that normally wouldn't do anything stupid the opportunity to do something stupid. Throw in the crowded jail system and we just have an ugly mess.
I still hold to the thought "you can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers".