Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

MLB 2012 (random postings/events)

Other Sports

Old 04-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

MLB 2012 (random postings/events)

Ozzie Guillen suspended five games for Castro comments, holds hour-long apology in Miami | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Why is this clown still in MLB? Three games into his new team and he's already suspended 5 games for opening his big mouth yet again. Get this clown out of baseball already. Thanks in advance.

In other news, looks like the Rangers over-investment Yu Darvish had a rough start, but settled down enough to pick up the win.

Darvish's Debut - ESPN Video - ESPN
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Re: MLB 2012 (random postings/events)

Your out!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Strike two!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Baseball...
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
mredskins
Gamebreaker

PEANUTS! Get your PEANUTS here!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Unbelievable that for the first time in over three decades, Vin Scully will not be calling the Dodgers' home opener
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Dodgers turn first 2-5-6-3 triple play in history but Padres cry foul over umpire’s actions | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

This was a horrible call by the Ump. Dude should be suspended at the very least for this lame call.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 04-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Dodgers turn first 2-5-6-3 triple play in history but Padres cry foul over umpire’s actions | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
This was a horrible call by the Ump. Dude should be suspended at the very least for this lame call.
I watched the video a few times. This is a tough call, however it is the right call. While the ball lands behind home plate in foul territory, it's not touched until it has come across home plate back into fair territory. Fair ball.

His actions weren't appropriate, as he put his hands up when he shouldn't have, and out of fairness he should have kept the ball dead. Could be that he was trying to keep his balance and stay out of the way of the play, although to throw your hands up in that kind of motion usually indicates foul ball. For that I can certainly agree with the Padres' beef. But in the end by the rules it's the correct call.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
I watched the video a few times. This is a tough call, however it is the right call. While the ball lands behind home plate in foul territory, it's not touched until it has come across home plate back into fair territory. Fair ball.

His actions weren't appropriate, as he put his hands up when he shouldn't have, and out of fairness he should have kept the ball dead. Could be that he was trying to keep his balance and stay out of the way of the play, although to throw your hands up in that kind of motion usually indicates foul ball. For that I can certainly agree with the Padres' beef. But in the end by the rules it's the correct call.

The problem is he called it a foul first. Had he called it fair, then none of this would have happened.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Marlon Byrd has had enough with the negativity in Jackie Robinson Day stories | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

Quote:
"If you want to take polls, then take polls asking how many black lawyers do we have now, or how many black judges or black doctors there are now," Byrd said. "Just because we're black doesn't mean we have to play sports. You can go through other avenues. If the decrease (in baseball) is because they're going into academic fields, so be it. More power to them."
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
Monkeydad
Living Legend

You asked for random...it's not news, but it's random!

Yankees relief pitcher Joba Chamberlain dislocates ankle, loses life-threatening amount of blood, 2012 season and career may be over - NY Daily News

Cliff notes: Joba was at a bouncy-house/trampoline shop with his son. Jumping on a trampoline, he dislocated ankle, bone through skin and spilled enough blood in front of the children that he nearly died and may never play again.

This guy:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
You asked for random...it's not news, but it's random!

Yankees relief pitcher Joba Chamberlain dislocates ankle, loses life-threatening amount of blood, 2012 season and career may be over - NY Daily News

Cliff notes: Joba was at a bouncy-house/trampoline shop with his son. Jumping on a trampoline, he dislocated ankle, bone through skin and spilled enough blood in front of the children that he nearly died and may never play again.

This guy:
Wow how the mighty have fallen. I feel bad for him and his poor son to have to witness that must have been awful.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #13
Monkeydad
Living Legend

All of the kids are going to be scarred for life....and the employees.

I heard the 9-1-1 call recording too, it was typical Joba...

"This is Joba. I need an ambulance."

(he really said it like that)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Here is another random thought:

The Red Sox have Ortix listed at 6-4 230 lbs and Jon Lester at 6-4 240 lbs. Now that is funny!

Active Roster | redsox.com: Team
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Life as a KC Royals fan.