Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Holiday Travel Plans

Parking Lot

Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Holiday Travel Plans

Just wondered if anyone was going anywhere cool for the holidays?

My family is splitting time between NYC and Houston this year. (It's my wife's turn to see her family on Christmas...) I think we may hit Reykjavik, Iceland for New Year's. I was there for the millenium celebration and it was an awesome city. Definitely one of the underrated international cities in my opinion...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Holiday Travel Plans

We drive 5 miles to my parents home on Christmas eve and then about 1 mile to my wifes parents home on christmas day. Then if we feel like really driving some when we leave her parents home we will stop at my buddies house which is on the way home. So we drive about a total of 6 miles and are lucky that our families all live close by.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

No traveling for me, home for christmas! The wife and I alternate holidays with our families. We went to her family on Long Island for Thanksgiving.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Yeah, ideally I'd be home for Christmas but the wife's from Mexico so it doesn't work out too often. Basically, she lives up where I'm from (PA) year round so we try to make it to Mexico for Christmas. This year they're doing it in Houston though so that'll be interesting.

On the other hand, I love travelling for New Year's. It's always cool to get plastered in a new place!

Thomas Paine
Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

No extensive travel plans. Christmas Eve we spend with the wife's family, Christmas Morning we do our thing, then head to my parents' house for presents and dinner. Should be loads of fun this year, as it's our daughter's first Christmas...although at 3 months, she won't remember a darn thing

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
No extensive travel plans. Christmas Eve we spend with the wife's family, Christmas Morning we do our thing, then head to my parents' house for presents and dinner. Should be loads of fun this year, as it's our daughter's first Christmas...although at 3 months, she won't remember a darn thing
Yea that three month old will relly be into christmas. LOL I'm joking because my daughter will be 1 year old on christmas and my wife finally realized that she will not have a clue to whats going on.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm home for the holidays. My side of the family lives 10 minutes away. The wife's side lives 20 minutes away. Works out great.

And amazingly they don't do the "pop-in" like Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

My wife has the opposite problem. Her family expects us to come to them all the time. We've lived in our townhouse for over a year now, and her family has yet to come see it, even with repeated invitations.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #9
djnemo65
Playmaker

I'm going to be in Korea! My best friend from high school lives over there, and my job gives me two weeks off for xmas, so I'll be over there drinking a lot and trying not to get arrested.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Quote:
My wife has the opposite problem. Her family expects us to come to them all the time. We've lived in our townhouse for over a year now, and her family has yet to come see it, even with repeated invitations.
Man that stinks. How far away are they?
Old 12-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #11
Lady Brave
The Starter

All of my family is local, so we do Christmas day with them.

My husband's family lives in BFE, NC about two hours away, just north of Raleigh. I love my in-laws, but I hate going up there. They are in the middle of nowhere and there is absolutely NOTHING to do. This is the place the FBI uses to relocate people for the witness protection program. You could get completely lost and no one would ever find you.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #12
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Going to visit my girlfriend's family in D.C. It will be the first time in my whole life that I didn't spend X-Mas with my family.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
We kind of had that same problem at first. Eventually I just got on the phone with her dad and laid it out. It wasn't a big deal to him, his wife (my mother-in-law) is just an incredible whiny wind bag. The rest of the family is cool but it got to the point when every time my wife called home, the call turned into "When are you coming to visit..." and my wife getting all frustrated. Things have since improved dramatically.

Thomas Paine
Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #14
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Man that stinks. How far away are they?
Not far enough that they can't just swing by from time to time...but to each their own. I just browbeat them every time I see them. I don't feel that it's my place to say anything, and I'm hoping that when we have our daughter baptized in January, that they will see it's not that far away...

Old 12-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
tom33
Camp Scrub

I have to trip hoof it back to CO for the holidays from the east coast.