Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

redskins ratings

Parking Lot

Old 11-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

redskins ratings

it seems to me that we're still getting shafted a bit on the ratings updates...

the most blatant being rock cartwright... who started the year with a big fat ZERO rating at kick returns... since the newest updates came out I noticed he did get upgraded... to a rating of 12. who the hell did that??? I heard that it was originally a mistake and they forgot to assign him a rating, but now someone has modified it and only thought him deserving of a 12.

WTF??? doesn't he lead the NFC in kick return avg?

Advertisements
Old 11-25-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: redskins ratings

No ones replied to this, so I am gonna assume you're talking about Madden. Maybe that way more people will reply to this thread. As for Rock's rating I haven't downloaded the latest update yet (if there was a new one released this month). So I can't say much except they always seem to nerf the Skins ratings a bit.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Cowell
Impact Rookie

I for one seem to think that they actually rated us fair this year with the exception of Randle El's speed and overall wide receiver rating.

I think the reason they haven't updated Rock Cartwright's return rating is because the return rating is decided on agility, speed, break tackle, and things like that. Rock isn't terribly speedy or agile and I honestly don't seem him break too many tackles (don't get me wrong he is an amazing return man). I'm pretty sure the creators in Madden don't give out punt or kick return ratings, they are based on different player attributes - attributes that I assume Rock doesen't have. Madden isn't too much like real life, Rock takes the kickoff return and just runs it as fast as he can right up the middle of the field it seems, if you did that in Madden without making any moves you would go down at your own 16.
That being said I still love Rock and he is a great return man in real life, just not Madden.
Cowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #4
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Derrick ward is a freaking 75. explain that one... on the same team ruben droughns and ahmad bradshaw carry 65 and 70 ratings respectively....

and thats just on the giants... cartwright as I said holds the record for kick returns yds for the skins and is leading the nfc right now... and they took the time to upgrade him to a 12.

I don't get it....

@dynamite... yeah I put it in the madden forum... didn't think i needed to explain, but thanks for helping
Old 11-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

and jc's pocket accuracy is abysmal... I don't know what the rating is, but I missed more open receivers than I have with anyone... I took some advice from another thread and started using him out of the pocket more and it does actually help, as long as you're not throwing across your body, so that eliminates half the field except for dump offs and screens (which i like to do... roll out one side when you have a screen set up to the other...)
Old 11-25-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Rock's rating is a joke. He's one of the better return men in the league and his rating should reflect that. A 12? C'mon.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #7
apbaball
Camp Scrub

IF you want an accurate football sim, try Action PC Football. The graphics aren't great, but it is the market leader in text based sims. Its not about flash and show and bells and whistles, but about producing an extremely accurate simulation that feels like you are coaching football as opposed to playing a game.
apbaball is offline   Reply With Quote