Ricin-laced letter sent to Miss. senator - The Washington Post

An eerie coincidence to 2001.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: A biotoxin sent to US senator

Noooo...it can't be the religion of peace!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

CNN reporting suspicious letter addressed to the President has been intercepted. Good thing Carlos Rogers never worked at one of these facillities.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Sickening.

Liberal writer: "Lets hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American". If the bomber is anything other than a white American, it will set back the cause of liberalism...gun control, immigration reform, etc.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American - Salon.com

Quote:
If recent history is any guide, if the bomber ends up being a white anti-government extremist, white privilege will likely mean the attack is portrayed as just an isolated incident — one that has no bearing on any larger policy debates. Put another way, white privilege will work to not only insulate whites from collective blame, but also to insulate the political debate from any fallout from the attack.

It will probably be much different if the bomber ends up being a Muslim and/or a foreigner from the developing world. As we know from our own history, when those kind of individuals break laws in such a high-profile way, America often cites them as both proof that entire demographic groups must be targeted, and that therefore a more systemic response is warranted. At that point, it’s easy to imagine conservatives citing Boston as a reason to block immigration reform defense spending cuts and the Afghan War withdrawal and to further expand surveillance and other encroachments on civil liberties.
Salon: 'Let's Hope Boston Marathon bomber is white American' | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Sirota is not the only liberal media commentator to attempt to politicize Monday’s tragedy. CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer speculated on a link between Patriots Day and the motive behind the bombings, while NBC News reporter Luke Russert speculated that the 1993 Waco siege, which occurred on Patriots Day, might have inspired a right-wing terrorist in Boston.

New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof used the tragedy to attack Republican politicians, tweeting Monday, “Explosion is a reminder that ATF needs a director. Shame on Senate Republicans for blocking apptment.” Kristof later apologized for the tweet.

Related news:
Democrat Sen. Harry Reid Slips up and Calls “Gun Control” Bill “Anti-Gun” Legislation – Video 4/16/13 | Tea Party
Old 04-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Yet another reason we need to reset the political system in this country.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Yet another reason we need to reset the political system in this country.
Looks like someone is already trying to do that.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

And the media.

They try harder to create the news than report it. As soon as any shooting or bombing happens it's immediately "must have been an angry, white, backwoods Tea-Party, Christian, Conservative...blah blah blah. It never turns out to be the case but they never bother with retractions or corrections. Fort Hood ended up being a Muslim who 4 years later, hasn't even begun his trial. Colorado theater ended up being a kid who was on that insane Occupy Wall Street mess and worked on Obama's campaign, the VT shooter was an immigrant, Sen. Gifford's shooter was a leftist, the Sandy Hook shooter was just had mental issues...but we all heard the initial reports...always the same narrative.

The way the media tries to use and abuse EVERY tragedy to destroy their political opponents is disturbing. The fact that the media actually takes a political side is bad enough itself.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

It would be nice if we didn't have to look at foreign news sources for accurate reporting of our own news.

Obama administration has SLASHED budget for domestic bombing prevention by 45 per cent, says former Homeland Security Assistant Secretary | Mail Online
Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
It would be nice if we didn't have to look at foreign news sources for accurate reporting of our own news.

Obama administration has SLASHED budget for domestic bombing prevention by 45 per cent, says former Homeland Security Assistant Secretary | Mail Online
Al Jazeera typically has the best open port of information, it's easy to stop hearing 'martyr' when they talk about suicide bombers/murderers. The rest is as it gets reported NEWS, just the way I like it.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Bleh....Mail Online is a nasty rag.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
I can try to find an Australian report if you want!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Far better "rag" than the NY Times.

Speaking of news reports, there are a lot of disappointed liberals now:

Quote:
Authorities say they are searching for a darker skinned or black male with a black backpack and black sweatshirt, possibly foreign national from the accent of the individual.

Boston Marathon explosions kill 3, including a child; injures at least 145 | 7online.com

Quote:
“Five minutes before the first explosion, officials said this person attempted to gain entry to a restricted area. When turned away, he broke eye contact and pulled his sweatshirt hood over his head and left, officials said,” according to the station. CNN has also reported on the development live on the air.

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/15/authorities-reportedly-looking-for-dark-skinned-or-black-male-with-black-backpack-and-black-sweatshirt/[/url]

Quote:
Citing Law enforcement sources, the New York Post reported that authorities have identified a potential suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. A 20-year-old is reportedly being guarded in a Boston hospital in unknown condition.
“Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings,” The Post reports.
“The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston,” the report adds.
CBS News’ John Miller is also reporting that police have a potential suspect in custody — a Saudi Arabian national.
JUST IN: @JohnMillerCBS reports that individual is in custody after Boston blast, a Saudi national. Reported cooperative/denies involvement.April 15, 2013 6:38pm via TweetDeckReplyRetweetFavorite

@CBSNewsCBS News

Miller said a civilian claims the person, identified as a Saudi national, was acting suspiciously so he chased him down and tackled him following the explosions. The man is reportedly cooperating with investigators and denies any involvement in the explosions.
Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis said in a press conference Monday that they have not identified anyone as a suspect yet. He didn’t specifically deny reports of a potential suspect, but did confirm that no suspect has been formally identified.

(UPDATED) NY Post, CBS News Report Saudi National Identified as Possible Suspect in Boston Marathon Explosions; Authorities Question ‘Person of Interest’ at Hospital | TheBlaze.com

Last edited by Monkeydad; 04-17-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #13
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Far better "rag" than the NY Times.

Speaking of news reports, there are a lot of disappointed liberals now:

Boston Marathon explosions kill 3, including a child; injures at least 145 | 7online.com

[url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/15/authorities-reportedly-looking-for-dark-skinned-or-black-male-with-black-backpack-and-black-sweatshirt/[/ur[SIZE=3]l]

[/SIZE]

(UPDATED) NY Post, CBS News Report Saudi National Identified as Possible Suspect in Boston Marathon Explosions; Authorities Question ‘Person of Interest’ at Hospital | TheBlaze.com](Updated) Should the WH release the bin Laden photos? | TheBlaze.com
Monkeydad, you do realize you're doing exactly what you're complaining about, right? I don't condone people saying "I hope it's a white guy" but you're making it into "I HOPE IM RIGHT AND THE BOMBER IS BROWN."

I don't care what color/religion the person is, they should be judged based on their actions. All of those people had one thing in common, they all had some sort of mental instability. I understand being sensitive about people saying they hope he's white, but stop lumping everyone together. That is the opinion of a small minority of people, not over half the population.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Wow. Find where I said I hoped the bomber was ANYTHING? I'm just sick of the knee-jerk "must be a white Conservative" by the media. I'm not the one rooting for a white guy because if it's not, it won't help their political agenda.

You have to have your head in the sand not to know that Muslim extremists are still a threat to us, yet no one wants to admit it. Turns out I was right again. The way the crime was done just wreaked Islamic terrorist.

We'll know something in hours possibly. They've made an arrest and nailed down the suspect with a video from Lord & Taylor, showing him dropping the backpack and fleeing.

Authorities ID possible suspect carrying, perhaps dropping, black bag at second Boston Marathon bombing scene - Boston.com
Old 04-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Wow. Find where I said I hoped the bomber was ANYTHING? I'm just sick of the knee-jerk "must be a white Conservative" by the media. I'm not the one rooting for a white guy because if it's not, it won't help their political agenda.

You have to have your head in the sand not to know that Muslim extremists are still a threat to us, yet no one wants to admit it. Turns out I was right again. The way the crime was done just wreaked Islamic terrorist.

We'll know something in hours possibly. They've made an arrest and nailed down the suspect with a video from Lord & Taylor, showing him dropping the backpack and fleeing.

Authorities ID possible suspect carrying, perhaps dropping, black bag at second Boston Marathon bombing scene - Boston.com
The main reason I think is you won't get labelled a racist for profiling white males.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote