Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Yankees and Phillies eliminated (MLB Playoffs)

Other Sports

Old 10-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Yankees and Phillies eliminated (MLB Playoffs)

So I'm a fan of neither, but I've gotta say the Yankees fans handled their loss much better than the Phillies fans. I'll admit, I'm biased and I hate almost everything having to do with Philidelphia, but wtf. I'm watching one of my friends on facebook get bitched out by one of HIS friends who's a Phillies fan. I mean legit cussed out. Just another example of why I think Philadelphians have got to be 1 of the most classless people I've ever encountered.

Anyway, I'm glad both teams are eliminated. Anyone have any feelings on who's gonna take the pennant this year since everyone's favorites are gone?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Yankees and Phillies eliminated (MLB Playoffs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
So I'm a fan of neither, but I've gotta say the Yankees fans handled their loss much better than the Phillies fans. I'll admit, I'm biased and I hate almost everything having to do with Philidelphia, but wtf. I'm watching one of my friends on facebook get bitched out by one of HIS friends who's a Phillies fan. I mean legit cussed out. Just another example of why I think Philadelphians have got to be 1 of the most classless people I've ever encountered.

Anyway, I'm glad both teams are eliminated. Anyone have any feelings on who's gonna take the pennant this year since everyone's favorites are gone?
I thought the Phillies would make it, but since I'm a Nats fan I'm happy to see them eliminated. Nothing like seeing a team from Philly fail yet again. 4 aces and an "extremely effective" row of hitters and they failed again. Classic.

I'm not rooting for the Cards or the Brewers, since I like both teams. I'll just root for whoever wins the NLCS. As for Texas-Detroit, I'm rooting for Detroit, just because it actually pains me rooting for a team from Texas. I gave them a mulligan when I rooted for the Mavs in the NBA Finals, but I just can't do it again.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gotta pull for the Tigers this year, Verlander is a Richmond native and Ive always liked Leyland. Id like to see the Brewers go too.

Im sooooo thrilled the Phillies lossed, Im with you Rave they're pretty classless. But I hate the Yankees way more...glad those b*tches are out. A-Roid is the embodiedment of what is wrong with baseball. Steroids, Redic contracts, bush league antics, and this arrogant attitude of entitlement.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Gotta pull for the Tigers this year, Verlander is a Richmond native and Ive always liked Leyland. Id like to see the Brewers go too.

Im sooooo thrilled the Phillies lossed, Im with you Rave they're pretty classless. But I hate the Yankees way more...glad those b*tches are out. A-Roid is the embodiedment of what is wrong with baseball. Steroids, Redic contracts, bush league antics, and this arrogant attitude of entitlement.
Did you see the Yankees game? One of my friends (A Yanks fan) said something about A-Rod needing to retire. Did he choke during the series?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I hope the Rangers win it,after all they used to be a Wahington team .They have suffered for a long time as a terrible team,its good to see them getting this far.Plus theyre run by Nolan Ryan,a class act in my opinion.I dont think Ive been to an Astros game since Ryan left the Astros,really enjoyed watching him pitch
Old 10-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Did you see the Yankees game? One of my friends (A Yanks fan) said something about A-Rod needing to retire. Did he choke during the series?
yeah, she choked

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Anybody watching the World Series? Pitchers battle so far, not at all like the offensive explosion last night.

Also, I wish Joe Buck would stop calling games. Why does MLB have someone who has the exact same boring tone of voice call the 'Series when it's trying to dispel the notion that it's a boring game to watch?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Anybody watching the World Series? Pitchers battle so far, not at all like the offensive explosion last night.

Also, I wish Joe Buck would stop calling games. Why does MLB have someone who has the exact same boring tone of voice call the 'Series when it's trying to dispel the notion that it's a boring game to watch?
Yeah, I've been watching. Good series so far--the first two games were great. I know Cruz has, rightly, received a lot of attention, but Mike Napoli has had a career year that he has extended into the playoffs. The ball he hit last night was a cannon shot.

I don't mind Buck as much as McCarver. I was pretty much bored of him 15 years ago.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

And Napoli again . . . Another great game.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Ive only watched a few of the games so far, but of those few ive watched they have been some of the most exciting bball games ive ever seen.

When I was younger and didn’t have a job that forced me to wake up early I would watch baseball playoffs, but for a very casual fan like me its not really worth staying up late to watch games. Also im a big Joe Buck fan, I think hes the best non-color commentator in football, which is probably part of the reason ive always liked him in baseball. I think Fox is smart to use him because he adds a sense of familiarity to baseball for crossover football fans, at least for me.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I didn't catch the Rangers win last night, but I hope the Cards come back, because the last thing I want is two Dallas area teams winning two championships in one year. Other than their blowout win in game 3, the Cards bats have been pretty silent so far.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

What a crazy game 6 this is. The cards keep getting down to their last strike but keep coming back. Bottom of the 11th and I hope they pull it out.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #13
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Walk off solo homer for David Freese. Crazy! Game 7 tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #14
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

What a crazy game! I was so ready to celebrate a Rangers championship tonight.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 724Skinsfan View Post
What a crazy game! I was so ready to celebrate a Rangers championship tonight.
What? How can you root for a team from Texas? And yes I know the Rangers were from Washington before they moved to Texas, but damnit they only played here for 11 years. That's nothing. They are from Texas, and Texas sucks, no matter the sport. I gave Texas a mulligan because the Mavs were the lesser of two evils in the NBA Finals, but not again. Go Cards.