Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Tony McGee On Cowboys/NFC East

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Tony McGee On Cowboys/NFC East

(GmanC711: Hey Guys, I didn’t get a ton of questions this week, there is really not much to say at this point so I briefly touched base with Tony and asked the ones that were here as well as his thoughts on the game)

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying the Thanksgiving Holiday and was able to spend some nice time with their families. The Redskins come off a disappointing win at Dallas last week. The defense did a great job, and anytime you hold a team to 7 points, it’s a game you have to win. It was disappointing seeing two missed field goals be a big difference in a 1 point game. While Suisham is not absolved of any blame, the offense still only scored six points, and that has to be the main thing you look at. At this point, the offense is just so battered with injuries, its hard to see this getting any better going through the rest of the season.

Did the bend but don’t break mentality bite the Skins’ at the end? You could say that to a point, but the missed opportunities earlier in the game (two dropped interceptions), missed field goals played a big part as well. As I stated though, the offense as a whole putting up only 6 points is the major issue. No touchdowns for the third time this season (They only scored vs. Carolina because the defense had them inside the ten twice, so really it could be four), you wont win many football games if you’re not getting touchdowns. So while yes, it was a very inopportune time for the defense to give up a touchdown, but holding Dallas to 7 points should be a win every time.

At this point, I don’t think it’s very important to have Clinton Portis back. It is going to be tough for anyone to run behind the line right now, given that they might start their tenth guy this week along the line, if Edwin Williams makes the start. The team is sitting at 3-7, and I honestly don’t think Portis would make much of a difference right now.

Looking at the division as a whole, I still maintain that the Eagles are probably the best team, but they’re a very inconsistent group. It would not surprise me if Dallas make it in, but I think whomever gets in from the NFC East is not making it past the divisional round. I believe that Minnesota is probably the team to beat in the NFC. I think the Saints can only win so many shootouts before someone catches them off guard.

Again, I hope everyone has a safe holiday!
Best,
Tony
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Tony McGee On Cowboys/NFC East

thanks once again
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Suisham went into the game perfect and missed two field goals?!?! only against dallas...

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
redskinjim
Special Teams

how about the decision by zorn not to run another play on third down with 13 seconds to go at the cowboys 25 settling for a fieldgoal ??that we MISSED your team is 3and 6
redskinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinjim View Post
how about the decision by zorn not to run another play on third down with 13 seconds to go at the cowboys 25 settling for a fieldgoal ??that we MISSED your team is 3and 6
That would have not matter if the kicker would have made the FG.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Hi Tony, Thank you again for your insights. I agree that the offense was more to blame than Swishy.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote