Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Still Encouraged; Still Love My Skins: Bright Spots

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
12thMan
MVP

Still Encouraged; Still Love My Skins: Bright Spots

That's right you haters, I still love the Redskins. So don't come in this thread bitchin' and hatin':}

Seriously, I just wanted to point out a few bright spots, starting with our top three picks from a year ago.

Freddy Davis, Devin Thomas, and Malcolm Kelly

All are starting to find their groove. Every week we see them do the little things right and actually make plays. Malcolm had a very nice catch today lumbering down the sideline, what seemed like forever. Fred Davis had a couple of clutch receptions and he's proving tough to bring down by one tackler. But I'm most impressed with Devin Thomas' recent playmaking ability; mostly after he has the ball in his hands. This guy has nice moves in tight spaces. I think he has the potential to be a very explosive player for the Redskins in the future. You can tell their confidence grows a little every week.

Jason Campbell

I wanted to give a big ups to Campbell for a gutsy performance. How that guy passed for over 250 yards with Cowboys draped over him most of the day, I will never know. I mentioned this is another thread, and I was glad to see Troy Aikman alude to it in his own way, but we're going to have a hard time shipping Campbell out of here without a bonafide option at quarterback. Guys, there's only three really, really good quarterbacks playing in this league right now. All the others are probably benefiting from a supporting cast that Campbell just doesn't have at the moment. I hope the Redskins realize this when they re-visit Campbell's future here in Washington.

Deangelo Hall

For the record, I've been very critical of him and still feel he can improve his game in some areas. But Hall, warts and all, seems to always be around the ball when we need it the most. He's proving to be a game changer at the corner position. Something we've lacked here, quite frankly, since Champ Bailey was here. Don't be surprised to see Hall get a Pro Bowl nod this year.

Team Heart

This team after losing Portis for a few weeks, playing without Haynesworth, then Betts, then Chad, you name it. They just line up and keep fucking coming at you. After Betts and Chad went down, they could have easily packed it in and called it a day, and no one would have blamed them. The best team did not win today that's for sure. As with last week, I'm proud of their effort this week.

Rock Cartwright

Speaking of coming at you, how 'about Rock Cartwright? This guy grabs his lunch pale every Sunday and brings it. Today Rock had his best day as pro and was definitely the leader on the field today. We'll start our cut Rock threads next summer, but for now the man deserves a tip of the hat. Job well done, sir.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Scott
Special Teams

Re: Still Encouraged; Still Love My Skins: Bright Spots

Amen!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
47FAN
Impact Rookie

agree.
47FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

I agree with most everything here. Rock has been looking good; either he's had a reason to bitch about no carries the past 5 years or he's benefiting from being fresh, but either way he's been a welcome addition to the offense.

Campbell kept it together despite getting smacked around.

The young pass catchers are all showing ability and should continue to get balls coming their way; I too am particularly impressed by DT and I'd like to see him have a chance to get behind a corner deep. I'd like to see Kelly get more thrown towards him over or coming towards the middle.. and I'd like to see Davis continue getting what he's been seeing.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Agree 100% Skins 4 life
Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i agree. and to all the hall haters here, to see his value simply look at the rocky macintosh and fletcher int drops. hall is really the only guy who can catch or recover the football on defense.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^^ I think hall is a pro bowler this yr he has trully earned his keep
Old 11-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Like I posted in another thread:

The Skins played without

Samuels
Thomas
Rinehart (most of the game)
Portis
Betts
Haynesworth
Horton
Cooley

And still almost beating the Cowboys in their home, Suisham makes those 2 field goals and we win.

I like what I'm seeing for next year, the less the stars are on the field the better this team plays, coincidence?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
12thMan
MVP

Funny, I was just looking at the stat sheet and as porous as the offensive line we only gave up one sack.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

The Skins played without

Samuels
Thomas
Portis
Betts
Haynesworth
Horton
Cooley

And still almost beating the Cowboys in their home, Suisham makes those 2 field goals and we win.

I like what I'm seeing for next year, the less the stars are on the field the better this team plays, coincidence?
Maybe we're starting the wrong people?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Kudos to giving JC props, he has done a really very decent job given how bad the offensive line surrounding him has been, I mean like you said, week in and week out he somehow manages to be average given the terrible offensive line around him

Ive said it once and I'll say it again, if you put the exact same offense around Peyton Manning, the qb production would not be any better.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Sorry let's not get ahead ourselves. Manning(P) would not go without getting TD's like ours has. No chance.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
That's right you haters, I still love the Redskins. So don't come in this thread bitchin' and hatin':}

Seriously, I just wanted to point out a few bright spots, starting with our top three picks from a year ago.

Freddy Davis, Devin Thomas, and Malcolm Kelly

All are starting to find their groove. Every week we see them do the little things right and actually make plays. Malcolm had a very nice catch today lumbering down the sideline, what seemed like forever. Fred Davis had a couple of clutch receptions and he's proving tough to bring down by one tackler. But I'm most impressed with Devin Thomas' recent playmaking ability; mostly after he has the ball in his hands. This guy has nice moves in tight spaces. I think he has the potential to be a very explosive player for the Redskins in the future. You can tell their confidence grows a little every week.

Jason Campbell

I wanted to give a big ups to Campbell for a gutsy performance. How that guy passed for over 250 yards with Cowboys draped over him most of the day, I will never know. I mentioned this is another thread, and I was glad to see Troy Aikman alude to it in his own way, but we're going to have a hard time shipping Campbell out of here without a bonafide option at quarterback. Guys, there's only three really, really good quarterbacks playing in this league right now. All the others are probably benefiting from a supporting cast that Campbell just doesn't have at the moment. I hope the Redskins realize this when they re-visit Campbell's future here in Washington.

Deangelo Hall

For the record, I've been very critical of him and still feel he can improve his game in some areas. But Hall, warts and all, seems to always be around the ball when we need it the most. He's proving to be a game changer at the corner position. Something we've lacked here, quite frankly, since Champ Bailey was here. Don't be surprised to see Hall get a Pro Bowl nod this year.

Team Heart

This team after losing Portis for a few weeks, playing without Haynesworth, then Betts, then Chad, you name it. They just line up and keep fucking coming at you. After Betts and Chad went down, they could have easily packed it in and called it a day, and no one would have blamed them. The best team did not win today that's for sure. As with last week, I'm proud of their effort this week.

Rock Cartwright

Speaking of coming at you, how 'about Rock Cartwright? This guy grabs his lunch pale every Sunday and brings it. Today Rock had his best day as pro and was definitely the leader on the field today. We'll start our cut Rock threads next summer, but for now the man deserves a tip of the hat. Job well done, sir.
I'm not sure what to think of this thread. Davis, Kelly and Thomas are doing better cause we got literally NOHTING from them since day 1. Their production can only go up. We're still not scoring or having any game breaking type of catch and runs.

Today JC played pretty good, he's just not good enough to put us on his back and win a game or two. He is what he is.

Rock just flat out ballled today. What else can you say. I would keep this guy on the team and let him carry the ball more.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Maybe we're starting the wrong people?
Very good point, combination of that and playing people at wrong position.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

The Skins played without

Samuels
Thomas
Portis
Betts
Haynesworth
Horton
Cooley

I like what I'm seeing for next year,
the less the stars are on the field the better this team plays, coincidence?
6 of the 8 players that are "stars" on your list above are on offense. We scored 6 points and u liked what you saw?