Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Good evening, SS has the night off.

Wow, what really needs to be said here?

I'm smacking down the entire team and organization. Just a piss poor performance all around.

We could seriously be looking at a top 10 pick in April. Unbelievable.

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Smoot lays the smack down (Skins/Bills) - mattyk edition

Nuff said, Matty. There's not really anyone who doesn't deserve a smackdown except Fletcher. There's the lone stud of the game.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

A top 10 pick to draft our qb of the future, who hopefully won't overthrow a triple covered Jabar Gaffney in the endzone with our last remaining chance to score. We deserved this shutout.

I'm smacking down the coaches. One week after the head coach admits he could've helped out the defense prepare better, they come out and play like this? Embarressing.

And I'm also smacking down everybody that wants a backup to come in because the starter sucks. The green is not greener. Repeat. The grass is not greener! This is a very untalented team. The reason the backups are backups is because they suck too. Just prepare for a long season, because injuries are ultimately just starting to reveal how bad our depth is.

And I also concur that pretty much the entire team deserves to get smacked down today. Only Fletcher played good. I feel bad for him, wasting the end of his career on a team as shitty as this. He should be playing for a contender.

Last edited by mooby; 10-30-2011 at 06:56 PM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I'm smacking down the entire team and organization. Just a piss poor performance all around.

We could seriously be looking at a top 10 pick in April. Unbelievable.

I think I need to revise my remaining predictions for this team after watching this game. Having those OL out appears to be crucial. Beck had absolutely no time today to do anything and held the ball too long on several occasions.

I wouldn't be surprised by a top 10(or even 5) pick based off this showing. So many needs. I can say it's obvious we are also hurting in the WR department. Nobody really able to get open.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty

Last edited by NC_Skins; 10-30-2011 at 06:58 PM.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
A top 10 pick to draft our qb of the future, who hopefully won't overthrow a triple covered Jabar Gaffney in the endzone with our last remaining chance to score. We deserved this shutout.

I'm smacking down the coaches. One week after the head coach admits he could've helped out the defense prepare better, they come out and play like this? Embarressing.

And I'm also smacking down everybody that wants a backup to come in because the starter sucks. The green is not greener. Repeat. The grass is not greener! This is a very untalented team. The reason the backups are backups is because they suck too. Just prepare for a long season, because injuries are ultimately just starting to reveal how bad our depth is.

And I also concur that pretty much the entire team deserves to get smacked down today. Only Fletcher played good. I feel bad for him, wasting the end of his career on a team as shitty as this. He should be playing for a contender.
Clearly the weather in Toronto screwed us over.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Maybe now some apologies can be given to some of the posters here who last week suggested that the skins win 4 games this year. After watching today's game, 4 wins is very believable.

The worst thing is, after another few losses, people will be calling for Shanahan to be fired, and he probably will be, and we are left in the same situation we have been in a million times before. A team with no QB, no real coach primed to take over, and a roster of players who may have been talented once, but can't play as a team.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #7
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

The bills had 6 sacks total this year. They had 6 in the game (maybe more)...that says enough right there. Beck is NOT our future QB. Defense, played awful in the run game, which is what their known for is being good at stopping the run...not today!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Oh, I don't know about diluting the smackdown by spreading it around to the entire team. Not when the OL set a team record (9) for sacks allowed against a team that only had 4 sacks for the entire season coming into the game. I'd say that deserves special mention.

Last edited by KI Skins Fan; 10-30-2011 at 07:03 PM.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
The bills had 6 sacks total this year. They had 6 in the game (maybe more)...that says enough right there. Beck is NOT our future QB. Defense, played awful in the run game, which is what their known for is being good at stopping the run...not today!
I hope no one thought he was...

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
9 sacks. They broke a team record.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
diehard
The Starter

I'm smaking down the mods, the fans, hell even myself for believing this team was any good. The Shanahans are on the hot seat for real.

And take that damn devil off the page too! Sheesh.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Clearly the weather in Toronto screwed us over.
Man, I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way for me to do, just **** off. I'm not in the mood to deal with your annoying repetitive bullshit. You are annoying me at the worst possible moment, and if it keeps up I'm just gonna block you.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Maybe now some apologies can be given to some of the posters here who last week suggested that the skins win 4 games this year. After watching today's game, 4 wins is very believable.

The worst thing is, after another few losses, people will be calling for Shanahan to be fired, and he probably will be, and we are left in the same situation we have been in a million times before. A team with no QB, no real coach primed to take over, and a roster of players who may have been talented once, but can't play as a team.
Firing Shanny would be a huge mistake. We are finally starting to build through the draft, but being realistic, we are probably 2 drafts away from really competing. QB and O-line must be addressed after being ignored last draft.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #14
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
They had 4 sacks total on the year. They had twice that amount against us alone. That's not only on John Beck, although he does deserve some blame for his horrible pocket presence. That's on our o-line.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
diehard
The Starter

Keep Allen. Fire the Shanahans and "Has-been" Haslett.