Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will Dallas And The Refs Screw Us Again?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-26-2005, 12:05 AM   #1
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Will Dallas And The Refs Screw Us Again?

I've been a skin fan for a long time,and I still havent gotten over the 79 season when we got knocked out of the playoffs by dallas in the last game,were up 34-21,riggins has a great game,had one of his longer td runs of his career,then staubach pulls off one of his amazing comebacks to beat us 35-34,but the worst thing about it was going into the game I'm thinking theres no way we dont make the playoffs,if we win we win the division,if we lose the bears have to win by 32 points to win the tiebreaker with us,well what happens,we lose,the fckin cardinals start this rookie mofo,Steve Pisarkiewicz ,who only played one more game in his career,and the bears beat them 42-6 to win the tiebreaker and knock us out,unfrickinbelievable,riggins was so heartbroken he said that was one of the reasons he sat out the next yr.
So then,this yr,we need dallas and atlanta and minn to lose and were in,well,everybody does their part but the refs in the dallas game,that bogus roughing the kicker penalty when the kick looked clearly to me to be blocked,and the replay officials dont overturn it,was b.s. Am i the only one who thought that kick was blocked?
I dont think theres no way dallas loses to st louis,and if we lose at philly and dallas gets in,man,that would be a tough pill to swallow
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
saskin
Special Teams

Re: Will Dallas And The Refs Screw Us Again?

All we need to do is win and we're in.....Carolina winning would just be a bonus to get Dallas out of the playoffs.

And I'm pretty sure that that kick was blocked....typical Cowboy bias.....
saskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:27 AM   #3
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Hey they are "america's team". haha and by the way did you all hear about how the patriots winning after 9/11 was a setup by the govt or something, I think that is total bullshit.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 AM   #4
redrock-skins
Impact Rookie

Yes, it was a bad call and Dallas was helped by the refs. However, just win and we're in. We have a chance to personally take the refs out of the equation.

If we lose we only have ourselves to blame for losing to a sorry Philly team, not to mention some of the other games we GAVE away. When we were 5-6, most of us said we had to run the table or else and its holding very true now.
redrock-skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:20 AM   #5
hugeskinsfan182
Camp Scrub

americas team.. god everytime i hear that it makes me sick... >.< dallas prob wont lose to st louis. With the giants however, im hopin with jeremy shockey a little banged up, their defense beat up and eli manning being his young ignorant self that the raiders pull somethin out of their butt like they did against us and win it... one win, were in... GO SKINS!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM   #6
D'BOYZ
The Starter

C'mon really they didn't touch that kick I've seen the replay 100 times, and you don't see the ball changing direction in any way it's is clear that he didn't touch it and if so there's no way you can determine he touch it by the replay

I'm sorry but it was a good call by the ref, the players risk it trying to block it and don't go to a OT and end up giving us the chance we need it.

By the way great win vs the Giants didn't tought yo ucould pull it off but man your team has played amazing latetly great run we all tought you were dead 4 weeks ago
and there is a remote chance you can take the division.

I think it will all come down to Atlanta vs Carolina, Atlanta will do everything to keep them out of the playoffs that will give us a chance to get in

I was pulling for Atlanta to beat Tampa Bay so bad becasue that would give us more scenerios but hey we still have a chance.

Sorry but this week I'm cheering for the Figles GL
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Dirtbag
Special Teams

We knew we had to run the table at 5-6, and we're 80% there. I'm more worried about this game than the last two, because it's on the road, and every time we play Philly, no matter what the teams' records, it's a close game.

It would be heartbreaking to lose. Plus, Dallas plays after our game, so if we lose, you KNOW Dallas will be playing for their lives, and they'll crush St. Louis.
Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #8
hurrykaine
Impact Rookie

expect no help from the refs this week. They will do everything possible to make sure that the 8:30pm Dallas-St. Louis game is a meaningful one. I will feel sick to my stomach if we lose and Dallas makes it to the playoffs ahead of us.
hurrykaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #9
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ
C'mon really they didn't touch that kick I've seen the replay 100 times, and you don't see the ball changing direction in any way it's is clear that he didn't touch it and if so there's no way you can determine he touch it by the replay

I'm sorry but it was a good call by the ref, the players risk it trying to block it and don't go to a OT and end up giving us the chance we need it.

By the way great win vs the Giants didn't tought yo ucould pull it off but man your team has played amazing latetly great run we all tought you were dead 4 weeks ago
and there is a remote chance you can take the division.

I think it will all come down to Atlanta vs Carolina, Atlanta will do everything to keep them out of the playoffs that will give us a chance to get in

I was pulling for Atlanta to beat Tampa Bay so bad becasue that would give us more scenerios but hey we still have a chance.

Sorry but this week I'm cheering for the Figles GL
I've only seen the replay once,so maybe I'd change my mind if i saw it again,but from the one time i saw it,it looked like it was blocked
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #10
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I would love to see the Cowboys in the playoffs.... only if carolina loses, we win and dallas wins. Then I hope both teams make it to the NFC championship game, and we beat dallas in washington for the third time. To me that would be the perfect season.

along with a superbowl win
Old 12-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #11
5RINGS
Closet Redskins Fan

wow that's some paranoid thinking there!!!

If there is such a Cowboys bias where the hell has it been since 1995/96?!?!?!?

Why so many Steelers in the HOF and so few Cowboys!?!

It's funny, Cowboys fans think the refs and media are against them, and Cowboys haters think the refs and Media support and assist them.

It all washes out.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #12
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RINGS
wow that's some paranoid thinking there!!!

If there is such a Cowboys bias where the hell has it been since 1995/96?!?!?!?

Why so many Steelers in the HOF and so few Cowboys!?!

It's funny, Cowboys fans think the refs and media are against them, and Cowboys haters think the refs and Media support and assist them.

It all washes out.
We are not talking about HOF induction right now, we are talking about the refs in games. No one wants to see the Redskins win, I think the term "Cowboys hateres" only applies to Redskins fans, while Redskins haters are all over the place, not just Cowboys. No one likes the Skins, and now that we are doing well people are finally considering us, but still I can feel that doubt.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 PM   #13
ladyfan06
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
I would love to see the Cowboys in the playoffs.... only if carolina loses, we win and dallas wins. Then I hope both teams make it to the NFC championship game, and we beat dallas in washington for the third time. To me that would be the perfect season.

along with a superbowl win
Thank you...I have been telling people all day that this would be the perfect scenario ...whoop 'em again at FedEx in the playoffs...a third win in one season...throws lots of salt in the wound to those sons of bitches!
Old 12-26-2005, 08:41 PM   #14
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Before the season started i wanted the skins to get the number 5 and the boys to get the number 6 so we could get a NFC championship game at home. I figured the eagles would most likely win the division. Now a couple weeks ago i noticed that the skins could get to the playoffs with the 4th seed the giants with the 5th and the boys with a 6 so we would play the giants in the first round and if the boys and us win out we would play them in the championship game and so far things are right on track.

Now to add onto my scenerio let all that happen and let parcells retire after he gets embarassed
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #15
dmek25
MVP

this is starting to remind me of the eagles website.do we really need this much crying?we are having a great year and if you would have polled skin fans at the start of the season and said we are in the playoffs,how many would realistically believe it?we have swept the cowboys this year.that alone is considered by many as a good season.shortly we will have also swept the eagles and joined the playff mix for the first time since 1999.we have an outside chance at winning the east AND having a home playoff game and fed ex has really become a home field advantage for the skins so there is lots to cheer about.coach gibbs-coach of the year,mark brunell-comeback player of the year,portis-1500 yards rushing,moss-big play after big play,cooley-one of the best te/hb in the league.what else could we want other than winning the super bowl,which the late in the season we still are in the running for
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote