Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ok, now they have peaked

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
expatriated_in_PHX
Camp Scrub

Ok, now they have peaked

Awsome! fantastic! That was great! We are on a roll. And rolling into the playoffs with a smash mouht running game and a swarming defense. Here's hoping that the G-man are at the start of a two game losing streak. And we crush the eagles next week.
expatriated_in_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2005, 04:30 PM   #2
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Re: Ok, now they have peaked

UNREAL the skins are playing gr8!!!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

Santana, I mean Santa, delivered a little early for Redskins fans
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
LRT
Special Teams

This, my friends, is what December felt like during Gibbs' first tenure. What a Christmas present!
LRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #5
mason4415
Camp Scrub

i don't know how to start another thread, but julius peppers blocked that f'n fg by the cowboys. what a bunch of b.s. i could be sitting here routing my butt off for the buccaneers, and then for the vikes to lose tomorrow. instead, we have to win next week or none of this means anything!!!

dallas has st. louis at home. they will win. so if we lose next week at philly, we are not in the playoffs. complete horse sh*t. that ball CLEARLY changed directions. i mean peppers was less than a foot away from the dam kicker!!!
mason4415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:37 PM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

i'm really happy right now. The redskins have peaked, they are playing at the height of their ability right now. This has been an unbelievable experience for me. Like i predicted, Santana Claus delivered a big christmas present early.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

who knows we might take it to another level if we make the playoffs. I don't know if we have hit the top of our capabilities. Why? we are playing great football but there is always room for improvement. Less penalties better ST coverage. I am extremely happy with the way we are playing and we are playing playoff football but i don't like saying we have reached the pinacle of our game
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #8
EXoffender
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
who knows we might take it to another level if we make the playoffs. I don't know if we have hit the top of our capabilities. Why? we are playing great football but there is always room for improvement. Less penalties better ST coverage. I am extremely happy with the way we are playing and we are playing playoff football but i don't like saying we have reached the pinacle of our game
Special teams is playing pretty well. I'd feel somewhat better when Thrash handles return duties though.
EXoffender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXoffender
Special teams is playing pretty well. I'd feel somewhat better when Thrash handles return duties though.
i am not upset with the way we are playing, its just that i don't think that we have reached the top of our game. I just always think there is room for improvement. It is just wierd to say that this is the top of our game that is all.

I am usually not bringing up little petty details about little things but our ST coverage on kickoffs is really getting out of hand these past two weeks. All year we did pretty good but these past two weeks we haven't. But I do like brown returning kicks
Old 12-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

actually bsb is right. I for one would like to see us stop giving up big runs late in the game. It's been happening all year, but nobody cares because we win the game. Look at this:

Barber - 31 yard run late in the game.
Jones - 51 yard run that set up the score that ended the shutout

the first complete performance i saw by the run d was when we played st. louis and their pitiful run game. I think their leading rusher only had 24 yards.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #11
EXoffender
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
actually bsb is right. I for one would like to see us stop giving up big runs late in the game. It's been happening all year, but nobody cares because we win the game. Look at this:

Barber - 31 yard run late in the game.
Jones - 51 yard run that set up the score that ended the shutout

the first complete performance i saw by the run d was when we played st. louis and their pitiful run game. I think their leading rusher only had 24 yards.
I beg to differ. If you hold any legitimate offense and/or it's starting running back to less than 100 yards, that's an accomplishment. Barber breaking a 30 yard run isn't breaking news against any team. He's good. Every team gives up a big play or two to the opposition. Tell me what you expect from us?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I expect our starting defense to play like it did against St. Louis. games where the opposing back doesn't have a gain longer than 25 yards. i realize we are still winning games, but i'd like to see our defense consistently not give up big plays. We do it like once every game. Some games it hurts us, some games it doesn't.

EDIT: i just realized this is my 1337th post. Woohoo, i'm so leet.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #13
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

mooby said early that we are playing great football and I agree. This entire year our defense has done great but it is just true that we give up the big play as mooby said

It is so unlike me to cry about little things and maybe i shouldn't have had an example. I just don't ever hear anyone say this is the best we can do. Ever. I just find it wierd to be saying this is the best we can do because they did score points didn't they? we can do 'better'.

I am more than thrilled with our last 4 games its just that i don't think there is such a thing as perfect.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #14
EXoffender
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby
I expect our starting defense to play like it did against St. Louis. games where the opposing back doesn't have a gain longer than 25 yards. i realize we are still winning games, but i'd like to see our defense consistently not give up big plays. We do it like once every game. Some games it hurts us, some games it doesn't.
Unreal... you think?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

not at all unreal. last year our defense shut opponents down when we won, plain and simple. In all of our wins last year, we didn't give up any big yardage plays. Don't get me wrong, i think we are playing good defense right now. But there is plenty of room to improve.