Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-02-2022, 01:02 PM   #1411
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Agreeing? Nah, that's boring as fuck lol. I'm now an election denier.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2022, 01:17 PM   #1412
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Holy shit, common ground. Someone mark the date. We celebrating tonight!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 06:13 PM   #1413
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Trump can sure pick em!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/02/trum...ne&par=xfinity

POLITICS
Trump pick for Michigan secretary of state race Kristina Karamo threatened to kill her family, court records claim

The Republican Party nominee for Michigan secretary of state, who has been endorsed by former President Donald Trump, several years ago threatened to kill herself and her two daughters in response to her husband’s request for a divorce, her now-ex-husband alleged in a court filing published Friday.

The allegations against Kristina Karamo, which she denied in a statement late Friday afternoon, came to light two months before the election for secretary of state, the top election official of Michigan.

Michigan is one of several states that Trump falsely claims he lost due to widespread ballot fraud in the 2020 presidential election against President Joe Biden. Karamo has backed those claims.

Trump, when he endorsed Karamo, said, “Good luck Kristina, and while you’re at it, check out the fake election results that took place in the city of Detroit.”

Her ex-husband Adom Karamo made the explosive allegations about her in a Michigan family court filing last October as he asked the court to award him 75 days of overnight stays with their daughters at his home in Florida during their breaks from school. The filing was first obtained and published by the online site Jezebel.com.

Kristina on one occasion said, “F--- it, I’ll kill us all,” as she tried to grab the steering wheel and “crash” a car driven by her husband, and carrying their two teenagers, Adom wrote in the filing.

In his motion last fall, Adom Karamo also alleged that Kristina, who is a community college professor, was “committed to an institution for evaluation due to her efforts at self-harm and suicide.”

“Father was in fact trapped in the marriage for years, always subject to the threat of Mother committing suicide,” he wrote.

Adom wrote that he did not believe at the time of the motion that Kristina “is currently in this state of mind, as this was several years ago.”
Old 09-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #1414
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Where do you dig this stuff up from G1...and why? Weren't you the one accusing others of spending all weekend trying to find this type of BS?

Go fishing or something...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #1415
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Trump can sure pick em!

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/02/trum...ne&par=xfinity

POLITICS
Trump pick for Michigan secretary of state race Kristina Karamo threatened to kill her family, court records claim

The Republican Party nominee for Michigan secretary of state, who has been endorsed by former President Donald Trump, several years ago threatened to kill herself and her two daughters in response to her husband’s request for a divorce, her now-ex-husband alleged in a court filing published Friday.

The allegations against Kristina Karamo, which she denied in a statement late Friday afternoon, came to light two months before the election for secretary of state, the top election official of Michigan.

Michigan is one of several states that Trump falsely claims he lost due to widespread ballot fraud in the 2020 presidential election against President Joe Biden. Karamo has backed those claims.

Trump, when he endorsed Karamo, said, “Good luck Kristina, and while you’re at it, check out the fake election results that took place in the city of Detroit.”

Her ex-husband Adom Karamo made the explosive allegations about her in a Michigan family court filing last October as he asked the court to award him 75 days of overnight stays with their daughters at his home in Florida during their breaks from school. The filing was first obtained and published by the online site Jezebel.com.

Kristina on one occasion said, “F--- it, I’ll kill us all,” as she tried to grab the steering wheel and “crash” a car driven by her husband, and carrying their two teenagers, Adom wrote in the filing.

In his motion last fall, Adom Karamo also alleged that Kristina, who is a community college professor, was “committed to an institution for evaluation due to her efforts at self-harm and suicide.”

“Father was in fact trapped in the marriage for years, always subject to the threat of Mother committing suicide,” he wrote.

Adom wrote that he did not believe at the time of the motion that Kristina “is currently in this state of mind, as this was several years ago.”

Birds of a feather…. Lol.
Fuckin scumbags.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #1416
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pretty cool to learn one of my old school friend hired by the Youngkin administration as Deputy Secretary in Finance.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 03:51 AM   #1417
Giantone
Gamebreaker

chico's friend ................................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-com...101715059.html

INSIDER
Trump compliments 'fierce' and 'smart' Putin and applauds Xi Jinping for ruling China with an 'iron fist'

Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania, Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping.

He called both leaders "fierce," adding that Xi is "smart" to rule China with an "iron fist."

Xi and Putin have troubling records of human rights abuse.

Former President Donald Trump praised Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping during a Saturday rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a video shows.

"I've got to know a lot of the foreign leaders, and let me tell you, unlike our leader, they're at the top of their game," Trump said, comparing Xi and Putin to President Joe Biden.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:57 AM   #1418
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Where do you dig this stuff up from G1...and why? Weren't you the one accusing others of spending all weekend trying to find this type of BS?

Go fishing or something...
.............nah, I'll leave that for you and chico. Throwing trump back in the face of his sheep is a full time job.
Old 09-05-2022, 11:49 AM   #1419
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
chico's friend ................................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-com...101715059.html

INSIDER
Trump compliments 'fierce' and 'smart' Putin and applauds Xi Jinping for ruling China with an 'iron fist'

Speaking at a rally in Pennsylvania, Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping.

He called both leaders "fierce," adding that Xi is "smart" to rule China with an "iron fist."

Xi and Putin have troubling records of human rights abuse.

Former President Donald Trump praised Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping during a Saturday rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a video shows.

"I've got to know a lot of the foreign leaders, and let me tell you, unlike our leader, they're at the top of their game," Trump said, comparing Xi and Putin to President Joe Biden.
Just more evidence on how bad Trump truly was and is. He'd be a big boost to Russia's and China's international ambitions if he ever got back into office. China wants to supplant us as the world hegemon and Trump would assist them in that.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 05:46 AM   #1420
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Just more evidence on how bad Trump truly was and is. He'd be a big boost to Russia's and China's international ambitions if he ever got back into office. China wants to supplant us as the world hegemon and Trump would assist them in that.
I think Trump's personal motto is "anything can be sold for the right price" or "a man's value is summed up by his net worth."

Scary times we live in.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:25 AM   #1421
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Fuck Florida..................

https://www.news-press.com/

Florida has a secret ‘black list’ to spy on highway drivers

Florida's secretive toll surveillance program: Five things to know

https://news.yahoo.com/floridas-secr...090146469.html
Old 09-07-2022, 10:08 AM   #1422
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Fuck Florida..................

https://www.news-press.com/

Florida has a secret ‘black list’ to spy on highway drivers

Florida's secretive toll surveillance program: Five things to know

https://news.yahoo.com/floridas-secr...090146469.html
What's the problem? I couldn't read the first link and the 2d really didn't say what is wrong with the practice.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:38 AM   #1423
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ading-00054723

What could possibly go wrong?
Old 09-07-2022, 11:46 AM   #1424
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
D.C. isn't dirty enough, lets fucking ramp it up a notch. Go time!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #1425
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Launched in 2021, Kalshi, which counts Sequoia Capital, Charles Schwab’s eponymous founder and private equity legend Henry Kravis among its investors, frames its eclectic array of markets as a new wave of hedging tools, no matter how unusual they may seem.

Think of a local restaurant, for instance. The owners, perhaps concerned about facing another pandemic-induced shutdown, could use Kalshi’s Covid-19 contracts to hedge against the possible loss in business. Its push into political markets is no different, CEO Tarek Mansour said.

“Everyday Americans are always exposed to election risks,” Mansour said, citing tax policy as an example of how Congress’ makeup hits investors big and small. “We are trying to bring these tools to the masses. You’re basically financially hedging a variety of different things in your life instead of just sitting down and thinking, ‘OK, this is just going to make my next four years worse.’”

Questions about the extent to which Kalshi’s contracts can be used as a hedge will be front and center for the CFTC as it weighs the proposal.

The regulator is specifically looking at two key issues, Willkie Farr & Gallagher partner Neal Kumar said. The first is whether the products involve a form of gaming, a classification of event contracts that is prohibited under CFTC rules along with the other types of unlawful activity.

The second is, if the contracts are determined to reference gaming, is there an economic purpose behind them such as providing a way for investors to hedge risk, Kumar said.

It’s a similar calculus that the regulator took a decade ago when reviewing Nadex’s political event contracts, which it determined were both a form of gaming and not in the public interest. But plenty has changed in 10 years.

^^ this is from the article ... I have very little idea what this means.

------------

Florida live tracking license plates through toll booths ... I assume every state/toll both does this. You dont have a REP reason expectation of privacy when you are out and about in your car. If i can stand on a public place and observe something .. you dont have a REP.

Same as a cop behind you running your tags at a red light or traffic enforcement cars with those side cameras scanning parked cars in every city in america.

this is a good thing. car jackers, child abductors, criminals etc locations can be alerted to police

One thought -- what if you cant pay toll by cash and the State FORCES you to enroll in their toll booth electronic payment plan?

^^ that may be something. Kinda like forced State action. I think and would hope the SCOTUS would say you have to have a reasonable alternative option then just enrolling in a state program.

If Florida or Texas does this .. the SCOTUS will say its fine.

If California does this ... SCOTUS will suddenly be 4A rah rah rah

fuck the SCOTUS
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote