Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #1396
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

I'm not reading those articles, because its not my argument, but any article by The Atlantic is a non starter. And there are sites on the right you could say the same for.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 PM   #1397
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

And again you articles that prove my point. I sure hope you don't make a living in debates. The question was about ISIS land holdings From your link:
Quote:
This time, in Iraq, they are focused like a laser beam[Bold] never to let something like*ISIS*happen again,[/Bold]” Lt. Gen. Paul Funk told us in his headquarters office. The highest-ranking American officer in country, Funk commands Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent*Resolve.
Understand the commander is looking past Isis, because they aren't an issue in Iraq, BECAUSE ... wait for it ... they dont't have territory in iraq.

And in fact your Atlantic article QUOTES the US military on the 98% figure.
Quote:
U.S. military officials say*isis*has now been driven out of 98 percent of the territory it once controlled.
Hilarious
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:05 PM   #1398
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This thread is amazing. Not 1% of anyone's mind has been changed or will ever be changed. And this will be true for the next 100 years.
I was listening to a radio show talking about how to persuade people, they said first know who you won't ever persuade and persuade and don't try because you will loop yourself into lunacy.

I think of that every time i start down this thread and yet i still come back.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:18 PM   #1399
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I was listening to a radio show talking about how to persuade people, they said first know who you won't ever persuade and persuade and don't try because you will loop yourself into lunacy.

I think of that every time i start down this thread and yet i still come back.
Lol, yeah, you're definitely a fan of rabbit holes. I still read the posts but I don't respond directly to anyone about actual policy or anything.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:31 AM   #1400
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
And again you articles that prove my point. I sure hope you don't make a living in debates. The question was about ISIS land holdings From your link:

Understand the commander is looking past Isis, because they aren't an issue in Iraq, BECAUSE ... wait for it ... they dont't have territory in iraq.

And in fact your Atlantic article QUOTES the US military on the 98% figure.

Hilarious
Again I believe the actual people station there doing the actual fighting .
Old 10-27-2018, 06:38 AM   #1401
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Again I believe the actual people station there doing the actual fighting .
The point of debate was the land control isis had lost.(chico's 98 percent comment which your article says that our military forces announced).

If you now want to say ISIS still exists, and is fighting to regain control of that land, we agree on that.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:45 AM   #1402
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
For some reason when I heard about these bombs my first thought was. Some crazy liberal (they are on both sides) planted these bombs to help boost the Democrats right before the election.
.......not the crazy president. Lord knows he does not incite violence.

As Matty said ...words matter.

Classic Trump quotes:

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

These quotes reflect trump's real beliefs, shared with all of his followers.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #1403
Giantone
Gamebreaker

trump tries to take credit for the economy yet it was Obama's and I get hell for saying it.

Unemployment rate by year,

2009- 9.9%
2010- 9.3%
2011- 8.5%
2012- 7.9%
2013- 6.7%
2014- 5.6%
2015- 5.0%
2016- 4.7%
2017- 4.1%
2018- 3.8%

Under Obama the unemployment rate fell from 9.9% to 4.7% (a decrease of 5.2%)
Under Trump the unemployment rate fell from 4.1% to 3.8% (a decrease of 0.3%)
https://www.thebalance.com/unemploym...y-year-3305506
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

In Obama's last 11 months in office 2.09 million jobs were added.
In the last 11 months while Trump was in office 1.84 million jobs were added.
Trump's first-year jobs record was strong. Just not as strong as Obama's last year - Jan. 5, 2018

Could you please explain how Obama stopped black Americans from getting jobs, and how Trump helped black Americans get jobs?

Obama passed the "Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, the Federal Housing Administration Refinance Programs and the Emergency Homeowner Relief Fund" all of which helped homeowners. And now Trump is abolishing all those programs.
https://money.cnn.com/2011/02/25/new...help/index.htm

Trumps budget make drastic cuts to affordable housing programs that "help millions of low income seniors, people with disabilities, families with children, veterans, and other vulnerable people afford their homes." Trump wants to cut HUD by $8.8 billion dollars or 18.3-percent compared to 2017 levels.
https://nlihc.org/article/president-...bruary-12-2018

And Trump has already transferred the above funding to the richest 1% of Americans via the Trump tax cuts.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno...nalysis-finds/

What has Trump done to help black Americans keep their homes?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #1404
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I am sure the Trump cult love this one..............

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...inity_20181030
Old 10-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #1405
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
trump tries to take credit for the economy yet it was Obama's and I get hell for saying it.

Unemployment rate by year,

2009- 9.9%
2010- 9.3%
2011- 8.5%
2012- 7.9%
2013- 6.7%
2014- 5.6%
2015- 5.0%
2016- 4.7%
2017- 4.1%
2018- 3.8%

Under Obama the unemployment rate fell from 9.9% to 4.7% (a decrease of 5.2%)
Under Trump the unemployment rate fell from 4.1% to 3.8% (a decrease of 0.3%)
https://www.thebalance.com/unemploym...y-year-3305506
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

In Obama's last 11 months in office 2.09 million jobs were added.
In the last 11 months while Trump was in office 1.84 million jobs were added.
Trump's first-year jobs record was strong. Just not as strong as Obama's last year - Jan. 5, 2018

Could you please explain how Obama stopped black Americans from getting jobs, and how Trump helped black Americans get jobs?

Obama passed the "Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, the Federal Housing Administration Refinance Programs and the Emergency Homeowner Relief Fund" all of which helped homeowners. And now Trump is abolishing all those programs.
https://money.cnn.com/2011/02/25/new...help/index.htm

Trumps budget make drastic cuts to affordable housing programs that "help millions of low income seniors, people with disabilities, families with children, veterans, and other vulnerable people afford their homes." Trump wants to cut HUD by $8.8 billion dollars or 18.3-percent compared to 2017 levels.
https://nlihc.org/article/president-...bruary-12-2018

And Trump has already transferred the above funding to the richest 1% of Americans via the Trump tax cuts.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno...nalysis-finds/

What has Trump done to help black Americans keep their homes?
Your right. With Obama all that was bad was because of Bush all that was good was because of Obama. Now all that's good is because of Obama and all that's bad is because of Trump. You can't have it both ways. When Unemployment is 9.9 its has to come down. When its 4.7 its tougher to bring it down.

"What has Trump done to help black Americans keep their homes?"

Well black unemployment is at its lowest in the history of this country.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #1406
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Your right. With Obama all that was bad was because of Bush all that was good was because of Obama. Now all that's good is because of Obama and all that's bad is because of Trump. You can't have it both ways. When Unemployment is 9.9 its has to come down. When its 4.7 its tougher to bring it down.

"What has Trump done to help black Americans keep their homes?"

Well black unemployment is at its lowest in the history of this country.
Thanks Obama! Tougher??? You made me go here, ................look at what Obama walked into and then look what trump was left with . Thanks Obama.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #1407
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Thanks Obama! Tougher??? You made me go here, ................look at what Obama walked into and then look what trump was left with . Thanks Obama.
Just curious, can't we say thanks to Obama and acknowledge that he stabilized an economy that was in tatters, and still acknowledge that Trump has moved it from a recovery economy to a growth economy.

I can. I have in this thread said that Obama deserves props for setting a base growth and coming in when the economy was sour and riding out that wave.

I also have said that Trump and the Republicans have encouraged growth with pro-growth policies.

Neither of these are mutually exclusive, nor should they be.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:57 PM   #1408
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Just curious, can't we say thanks to Obama and acknowledge that he stabilized an economy that was in tatters, and still acknowledge that Trump has moved it from a recovery economy to a growth economy.

I can. I have in this thread said that Obama deserves props for setting a base growth and coming in when the economy was sour and riding out that wave.

I also have said that Trump and the Republicans have encouraged growth with pro-growth policies.

Neither of these are mutually exclusive, nor should they be.
We could if trump actually had policies other than dumping all of Obama's policies.Cutting restrictions and safe guards that where in place to save and take care of the American people for the "best interest of Corporations"is not a win policy for the country.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #1409
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
We could if trump actually had policies other than dumping all of Obama's policies.Cutting restrictions and safe guards that where in place to save and take care of the American people for the "best interest of Corporations"is not a win policy for the country.
What safe guards has he cut that hurt employees?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #1410
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
You, and others of your hate trump club, need to find a way to accept that the about half the country feels different from you. (the same - when including sampling errors- as Pres Obama at the same period whose was 43% ).

Quote:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 10/8 - 10/29 -- 44.0 52.6 -8.6
Reuters/Ipsos 10/17 - 10/23 2062 LV 46 52 -6
It's fine that you, and others, disagree with his platform, but it's abominable that you make it sound like it's anything other then simply policy disagreements.

People complain at Trump's speech, but he's often is reflecting back the disdain your club sends towards him.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 10-30-2018 at 04:55 PM.