Debating with the enemy

Old 10-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #1381
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Here's the truly cynical view -
Knowing the press would never ever let people know Trump was speaking in front of hundreds at a Young Black Leadership Summit republican operatives set Cesar on a trailhead mission in order to force the media to show Trumps remarks and announce where he was.
Yes all 100 of them .What no credit to the press for showing it live ?

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #1382
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
It's funny that your claim of Obama deflection is in itself a deflection.

Trump's policy has been to let the commanders in the field take out targets and make the calls in the field. It effectively turned the ISIS tide in northern Iraq, and, even in cooperation with Russia/Syria, diminished their lands in Syria as well.

It also has been
  • to not degrade intelligence assets by working to close bases like Guantanemo Bay,
  • or tie the military's hands, and making Iran focus more on their internal politics rather than supporting factions like ISIS
  • by promoting Israeli interests,
  • as well as keeping Saudi's government strong.
A nice story but I want read the policy and not what you made up.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #1383
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Because ISIS lost 98% of its territory.....all the terrorist attacks emanating from within that operational area in to Europe, North America, Russia, etc.....the acts of genocide ended.....................WAIT FOR IT G1.................stop suddenly because of magic!!!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #1384
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
A nice story but I want read the policy and not what you made up.
Ok my points and policy changes reflecting them: (NOTE most of these sources are "anti-trump" so the general tone and point is to say how awful his policies are, I am simply using them to show the policy that you ask for)

1) tie the military's hands, and making Iran focus more on their internal politics rather than supporting factions like ISIS
You can google and find things pretty quickly, and it's probably quixotic to try and show you, but here we go, from a Politico article about Trump's policy changes in 2017 from Obama's:
https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...es-2017-000603

Quote:
3. The Pentagon flexes its muscles
During the Obama administration, the military often complained that the White House was micromanaging its affairs, requiring high-level, interagency approval for decisions on troop levels or drone strikes outside of active war zones. Trump has dramatically reversed those policies, giving the Department of Defense wide autonomy to conduct overseas military operations.
... Trump’s decision to outsource the decision to the Pentagon is a big win for the agency and for Mattis—and an outcome that would have been unthinkable under Obama.
Trump brings back Iran sanctions after exiting nuclear deal

2)to not degrade intelligence assets by working not to close bases like Guantanemo Bay
Donald Trump signs executive order to keep Guantánamo Bay open

3)by promoting Israeli interests,

US officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel as a new US Embassy opened there.

U.S. Ends Funding Of U.N. Agency That Supports Palestinian Refugees

4) as well as keeping Saudi's government strong versus Iran:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...onship/572905/
Quote:
On several of these issues, Obama counseled the Saudis to pursue dialogue with the Iranians instead of sliding further into the sectarian war that was engulfing the region.

Sometimes G1, I'm not sure if you are trolling or not engaging in honest discussion because you seem more than smart enough to know the policy changes that Trump has made, but then make twisted or dissheveled arguments that he didn't.

Clearly Trump has given policies favoring Israel and Saudi Arabia high priority. Clearly ISIS who we were told had a new unstoppable caliphate built on ancient lands no longer contros those lands. Clearly Trump has stated his intention to use Gitmo as an intelligence gathering tool.

None of these things are really even debatable. The left hates them because they go against the new social globalism, but they don't deny the policy changes.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:50 PM   #1385
MTK
\m/

Old 10-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #1386
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Because ISIS lost 98% of its territory.....all the terrorist attacks emanating from within that operational area in to Europe, North America, Russia, etc.....the acts of genocide ended.....................WAIT FOR IT G1.................stop suddenly because of magic!!!
LOL, you make this shit up as you go along. 98% please links ,elaborate?
Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 PM   #1387
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please link? You probably weren’t paying attention but isis was able to cut a sizable swath of land from northern Syria to the boder of turkey across into and through Iraq to the border of Iran. Then it ran down to just outside of Baghdad, around it south to Saudi Arabia and then west to Jordan once again to southeastern Syria...that’s off the top of my dome. So envision a rather large country which they controlled and ran...to the point they were minting there own currency.

Now they control about 2% of their original land grab thanks mostly to the United States...we stopped genocide and were able to halt terrorist activities throughout the world.

The lesson learned is the bad hombres will fill the vacuum if we don’t lead. We weren’t leading...the Obama foreign policy doctrine. For a follow up lesson google Crimea and the Ukraine war for other examples Obama doctrine
Old 10-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #1388
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The Newseum gotta nice new piece of memorabilia. Like the tank sticker.

Well just glad trump and the administration was able to get him quickly.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:32 PM   #1389
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Two seconds on google

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...d-lost-2017-11
Old 10-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #1390
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Ok my points and policy changes reflecting them: (NOTE most of these sources are "anti-trump" so the general tone and point is to say how awful his policies are, I am simply using them to show the policy that you ask for)

1) tie the military's hands, and making Iran focus more on their internal politics rather than supporting factions like ISIS
You can google and find things pretty quickly, and it's probably quixotic to try and show you, but here we go, from a Politico article about Trump's policy changes in 2017 from Obama's:
https://www.politico.com/agenda/stor...es-2017-000603

Trump brings back Iran sanctions after exiting nuclear deal

2)to not degrade intelligence assets by working not to close bases like Guantanemo Bay
Donald Trump signs executive order to keep Guantánamo Bay open

3)by promoting Israeli interests,

US officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel as a new US Embassy opened there.

U.S. Ends Funding Of U.N. Agency That Supports Palestinian Refugees

4) as well as keeping Saudi's government strong versus Iran:
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...onship/572905/

Sometimes G1, I'm not sure if you are trolling or not engaging in honest discussion because you seem more than smart enough to know the policy changes that Trump has made, but then make twisted or dissheveled arguments that he didn't.

Clearly Trump has given policies favoring Israel and Saudi Arabia high priority. Clearly ISIS who we were told had a new unstoppable caliphate built on ancient lands no longer contros those lands. Clearly Trump has stated his intention to use Gitmo as an intelligence gathering tool.

None of these things are really even debatable. The left hates them because they go against the new social globalism, but they don't deny the policy changes.
Did you even read the link? You are saying trumps policies are just stopping all of Obama's policies ........and if you would read the whole link you posted you would see that trump has done more harm than good.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #1391
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
thanks chico......oh wait.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:38 PM   #1392
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
LOL, no .I take the word of people in the Military and in other agency's first and that artical is not correct not as of July of this year.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:04 PM   #1393
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, no .I take the word of people in the Military and in other agency's first and that artical is not correct not as of July of this year.
As you say, link please
Old 10-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #1394
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
As you say, link please

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...q-isis/569047/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8429446.html

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2...s-next/146889/
Old 10-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #1395
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This thread is amazing. Not 1% of anyone's mind has been changed or will ever be changed. And this will be true for the next 100 years.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote