When is Enough ,Enough?

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #1351
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: When is Enough ,Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
trump could not go a day without blaming the Media for this...............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...113937887.html

Donald Trump Attacks 'Hateful' Media Amid Flurry Of Suspicious Packages
HuffPost Hayley Miller,HuffPost

President Donald Trump on Thursday resumed his attack on what he called the “fake news” media after suspicious packages containing potential explosives were sent to CNN and several high-profile Democrats.

“A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News,” Trump tweeted. “It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!”

Trump’s latest attack on the press came a day after what appeared to be pipe bombs were sent to several major Democratic players, including Hillary and Bill Clinton, former President Barack Obama and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

On Thursday morning, police removed a similar suspicious package from the Manhattan offices of actor Robert DeNiro, who has traded insults with Trump.

The packages look similar, and appear to have been sent by the same individual or individuals, authorities said. The motive was unclear, and no one has claimed responsibility.
Listen to his speeches from yesterday (I know it's hard with his inflections and mannerisms), or read the transcripts. That story takes a minimal part of his speech and maximizes it, and leaves out his repeated condemnation of the attacks, and of the perpetrators.

On the other side, EVERY democratic operative I heard simply blamed Trump, without caution or care, and used the same attack-laced language that they have lived off of for the last 2 years.

Hillary just a few days before said we won't be civil till we win. Holden said When they go low, Kick them. Maxine Waters called for republicans to be mobbed in public. A republican politician has been shot. A republican office has had it's windows smashed. Republicans across the spectrum have been harrassed in public.

I want to hear the FBI's findings, but the bottomline is that there has been far more calls for actual violence from the frantic liberals who are seeing the loss of every political lever they had, then the conservative base as a whole, and the democratic lawmakers who are inciting them ought to step back, and re-think their strategy. But instead they continue to double down, and go further out of their minds trying to incite their base.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #1352
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Sure, if you can find evidence of Bernie Sanders displaying a cavalier attitude about violence towards his political opponents, I'd put some blame on him too.

The reason it's important for politicians to have tact is because every major politician is going to have fanatics that will take everything they say to heart.

I agree with your 2nd bolded statement too. Whoever did this had to know there's no way they would get through to their targets.
So:
Maxine Waters - "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

HRC - “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,”

Holder - ‘When they go low, we kick them. That’s what this new Democratic Party is about.'

I'm not holding Trump blameless, but this is so much more than Trump, it's an entire liberal establishment that has seen it's power base - in governmental structures (governors, Congress, Presidency, and now the SC) all stripped away. Honestly, conservatives mostly may get beat up, but unless this was a one off whacko (and it might have been), the liberal base is far more fired up from their leaders to do crazy/violent stunts. At the height of the Obama presidency, when the country leadership was riling it up to the point of the tea party forming or other splinter factions, you didn't see the hostile mobs and violence like we have seen from the anti-trumpers. Conservatives worked out through elections, and they have a confidence in elections. Liberals have no reason to have confidence in elections, they have lost repeatedly, and they have seen 2 presidential losses even as popular votes were in their favor. They have witnessed the SC uphold one of those republican elections, and now they even feel they lost another voice in that body.

I don't know who sent those packages, what I know is that the person(s) who sent it is responsible for those horrendous acts (and they were horrendous whether the intent was to do actual harm, or political terror). That person should be found and prosecuted to the fullest extent, and any conspirators should be as well. But for society to heal, all sides need to put down the word knives, and let elections be where our battles are fought.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #1353
Back2RFK
Special Teams

For some reason when I heard about these bombs my first thought was. Some crazy liberal (they are on both sides) planted these bombs to help boost the Democrats right before the election.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #1354
MTK
\m/

Just like the dems started the caravan full of middle easterners!
Old 10-25-2018, 01:43 PM   #1355
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
For some reason when I heard about these bombs my first thought was. Some crazy liberal (they are on both sides) planted these bombs to help boost the Democrats right before the election.
What is sad is that i doubt anybody thinks this is an external threat. I don't know how life was in the period leading up to the civil war but somehow i think the distrust in fellow americans is as high as it must have been in that period.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:12 PM   #1356
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So:
Maxine Waters - "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

HRC - “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,”

Holder - ‘When they go low, we kick them. That’s what this new Democratic Party is about.'

I'm not holding Trump blameless, but this is so much more than Trump, it's an entire liberal establishment that has seen it's power base - in governmental structures (governors, Congress, Presidency, and now the SC) all stripped away. Honestly, conservatives mostly may get beat up, but unless this was a one off whacko (and it might have been), the liberal base is far more fired up from their leaders to do crazy/violent stunts. At the height of the Obama presidency, when the country leadership was riling it up to the point of the tea party forming or other splinter factions, you didn't see the hostile mobs and violence like we have seen from the anti-trumpers. Conservatives worked out through elections, and they have a confidence in elections. Liberals have no reason to have confidence in elections, they have lost repeatedly, and they have seen 2 presidential losses even as popular votes were in their favor. They have witnessed the SC uphold one of those republican elections, and now they even feel they lost another voice in that body.

I don't know who sent those packages, what I know is that the person(s) who sent it is responsible for those horrendous acts (and they were horrendous whether the intent was to do actual harm, or political terror). That person should be found and prosecuted to the fullest extent, and any conspirators should be as well. But for society to heal, all sides need to put down the word knives, and let elections be where our battles are fought.
Couldnt agree more with everything you said.This Country seems like it's headed for a civil war over politics,I'm 56 and I've never seen the Country so divided.I find myself despising some of my friends on Facebook because of their political views and their post.So much misinformation and untruths posted by both sides.
It used to be{at least to me}you didnt know your friends political views and you didnt really give a shit,now I know how everyone thinks.
Frankly I think social media is mostly to blame for dividing the country,thats my take on it anyway.Before Facebook I didnt know anybodys political beliefs except for a few coworkers and maybe a couple friends,now I know everyones and like I said I find myself despising some of my friends.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #1357
MTK
\m/

Dump Facebook. Best thing I did about a year and a half ago.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #1358
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Couldnt agree more with everything you said.This Country seems like it's headed for a civil war over politics,I'm 56 and I've never seen the Country so divided.I find myself despising some of my friends on Facebook because of their political views and their post.So much misinformation and untruths posted by both sides.
It used to be{at least to me}you didnt know your friends political views and you didnt really give a shit,now I know how everyone thinks.
Frankly I think social media is mostly to blame for dividing the country,thats my take on it anyway.Before Facebook I didnt know anybodys political beliefs except for a few coworkers and maybe a couple friends,now I know everyones and like I said I find myself despising some of my friends.
Social media is making it worse...but I don’t despise anyone for their view.

Take G1 for example, he is opposed to everything I say which is fine. But I don’t despise him for that, but I do despise him for being a Giants fan.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #1359
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Not having Facebook is great. Quit about 6 or 7 years ago now.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:43 AM   #1360
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I have LinkedIn, don't see no politics on there lol. Or much of anything for that matter.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:03 AM   #1361
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Not having Facebook is great. Quit about 6 or 7 years ago now.
2 years for me .
Old 10-26-2018, 05:38 AM   #1362
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I don't know who is sending bombs but to even suggest it has to do with liberals losing elections or in anyway is wrong.History has proven that there has always been extremist in all political parties.If someone is crazy enough to do this ,they would have done it anyway for whatever cause they climbed on to.
I agree that Social media has propelled this to a level we have never seen before or can even understand. This time in America reminds me very much of the Vietnam war era late 60's early 70's and the protest's going on then and I find myself thinking thank God the internet wasn't around back then. Riots everywhere in the country Newark,Asbury Park,Washington,LA ,Chicago, burning down colleges and shooting college students protesting...........people thought there was going to be a civil war then too.
Yes chico ..I despise donald trump .He is the single most arrogant,ignorant and crooked man you will ever see as president . My knowledge of him goes back and to people I personally know/knew who have had dealings with him from the 70's and 80's in New Jersey...this is beyond politics with me.
Politicians are a strange breed and there is good and bad. I though Jimmy Carter was a great person but a shitty President ,Reagan was a back door wheeler and dealer and a nice man and person but now looking back maybe not the best President ever,Nixon a slime ball politician but turns out not a bad President. While I admit some political rhetoric has gotten worse as of late there is only one that told his supporter to "punch" people and that he would pay for their legal expense's.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 AM   #1363
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
What is sad is that i doubt anybody thinks this is an external threat. I don't know how life was in the period leading up to the civil war but somehow i think the distrust in fellow americans is as high as it must have been in that period.
You know when I first read about the bombs I was hoping that it was an external threat even if it would have sent Chico into a tirade of posts addressing lax terrorist policies.

On a side note, I heard this morning that the bombs were missing a key component to make them detonate. Officials were not saying however whether it appears intentional or accidental.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #1364
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
You know when I first read about the bombs I was hoping that it was an external threat even if it would have sent Chico into a tirade of posts addressing lax terrorist policies.

On a side note, I heard this morning that the bombs were missing a key component to make them detonate. Officials were not saying however whether it appears intentional or accidental.
Its not really the lax policies at this point, its the fact since Obama has left office we finally executed a strategy to eliminate the safe haven ISIS and other terrorist groups had operated from...

The Obama administration previous foreign policy strategy with handling the Arab Spring and other Middle Eastern geo-political matters was a proven failure.

...anytime Chico is given an opportunity "to tirade" about Terrorism...external (nice word) or Islamic(bad word) in this case...well, we know that train is never late.

Oh sidenote...you know Cory Booker was high fiving and fist pumping this morning. K Harris is so jelly too right now....
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #1365
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Its not really the lax policies at this point, its the fact since Obama has left office we finally executed a strategy to eliminate the safe haven ISIS and other terrorist groups had operated from...

The Obama administration previous foreign policy strategy with handling the Arab Spring and other Middle Eastern geo-political matters was a proven failure.

...anytime Chico is given an opportunity "to tirade" about Terrorism...external (nice word) or Islamic(bad word) in this case...well, we know that train is never late.

Oh sidenote...you know Cory Booker was high fiving and fist pumping this morning. K Harris is so jelly too right now....

.........and here comes the Obama deflection..again!What's the strategy,trumps policy Chico ....exactly what is it?